DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

Corbin was justifiable in his response to the doctor to me. He's also fully justified to be part of the NFL Lawsuit, although it is weird he'd go into pro wrestling knowing the risks. That part is confusing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

He's an independent contractor he doesn't have to tell them shit, that doesn't pertain to the job the have contracted him to do. 

Logic still doesn't prevent the WWE from being petty with him

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Seems smart to depush someone for questioning a doctor about concussions. That's just the type of story that could work its way from the observer to deadspin to espn. 

If "company part-owned by U.S. president's small business admin head routinely flouts independent contractor and labor laws" hasn't caught fire a press that's insatiable for dirt on this clown show of a presidency , I sincerely doubt "balding skinnyfat goon forced to lose fake fights for arguing with doctor" will.  Nobody outside a very specific bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers.  Always try to understand how the mainstream thinks of pro wrestling, wrestlers, and its fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

I don't know enough about class action suits. Would Corbin bumping weekly on television preclude him from it at some point,  or can the defendants not cherry pick among the collective complaints?  

I was thinking that too. Wouldn't it be like the old Lloyds of London deal that got Hennig pissed and made him leave?

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

If "company part-owned by U.S. president's small business admin head routinely flouts independent contractor and labor laws" hasn't caught fire a press that's insatiable for dirt on this clown show of a presidency , I sincerely doubt "balding skinnyfat goon forced to lose fake fights for arguing with doctor" will.  Nobody outside a very specific bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers.  Always try to understand how the mainstream thinks of pro wrestling, wrestlers, and its fans.

I agree that nobody outside of the bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers. However, the issue of concussions resonates as you have the nfl tie in. The fact that the WWE uses a controversial dr. with connections to the nfl just makes it juicier. 

Kind of like how wrestling got dragged into the pro sports steroid scandals. 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

I agree that nobody outside of the bubble cares about the plight of pro wrestlers. However, the issue of concussions resonates as you have the nfl tie in. The fact that the WWE uses a controversial dr. with connections to the nfl just makes it juicier. 

Kind of like how wrestling got dragged into the pro sports steroid scandals. 

True, but when there were hearings on sports and steroids, it was Bonds, McGuire, etc in front of congress, not the Ultimate Warrior.  Because 1) lawmakers want to rub elbows with famous jocks and celebs, not circus freaks and 2) the general public thinks wrestling is a joke and would scream about taxpayer dollars being wasted if Joe Congressman was seen on C-Span grilling some phony rassler about roids.   America's Pastime (tm) is sacred...who cares if drugs have killed far more wrestlers than all the "real athletes" in other sports combined?  The general public just thinks of wrestlers as roided up morons not athletic enough for a real sport and too dumb to be actors.  Why worry about saving them?

4 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

When Stone Cold was answering fan questions about whose sell of the stunner he liked most, I was a little disappointed Santino didn't get a mention:

CautiousSpitefulBasil-size_restricted.gi

The whole build up to that was so funny. I miss Santino

They tried to make me watch The Condemned but I said No, No No, it's a sad fact, Stonecold can't act, he should Go, Go, Go. He likes to hang out in bars, I gave his movie zero stars. They tried to make me watch The Condemned, I said No, No No.

That whole baiting Austin period was hilarious. When he was on form, Santino was legit one of my all time favourite comedy wrestlers.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

They tried to make me watch The Condemned but I said No, No No, it's a sad fact, Stonecold can't act, he should Go, Go, Go. He likes to hang out in bars, I gave his movie zero stars. They tried to make me watch The Condemned, I said No, No No.

That whole baiting Austin period was hilarious. When he was on form, Santino was legit one of my all time favourite comedy wrestlers.

I forget when exactly it was, but he was getting the jobber entrance on Raw. He got intro'd, saw himself on the TitanTron, got a huge smile and went "hey, that'sa me!" Too fucking funny.

6 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

The only bad thing was they did that stupid theme song tease and Austin did not come out. So when Austin really did appear, it did not get a pop. 

18 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I remember I got really hammered on one Independence Day and bought 3 of Stone Cold's movies, ConAir, The Last Dragon and Demolition Man. If I hadn't gotten married on another July 4th, I'd say that was the best Independence Day ever.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I remember I got really hammered on one Independence Day and bought 3 of Stone Cold's movies, ConAir, The Last Dragon and Demolition Man. If I hadn't gotten married on another July 4th, I'd say that was the best Independence Day ever.

Stone Cold as Cyrus in "Con Air" would've been awesome. 

20 hours ago, (BP) said:

I don't know enough about class action suits. Would Corbin bumping weekly on television preclude him from it at some point,  or can the defendants not cherry pick among the collective complaints?  

There's just one complaint against the defendant, with the plaintiffs being a class of similarly situated people, i.e., people who played for NFL teams during a certain period.  The fact that Corbin later wrestled wouldn't remove him from that class.