DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

4 hours ago, Vgmastr said:

Plus on Christmas they'll be going up against the NBA and the NFL.

After watching that XFL 30 for 30 it's clear he doesn't give two shits about trying that. The end of that, btw, was hilarious -- these two disingenuous hustlers sit down for a fake dinner, Vince almost does crocodile tears over Dick putting his kids in his will (while they pretend to act like they haven't spoken about the XFL in a decade, too), then they immediately go into business mode trying to scheme an angle for more money. Jesus wept!

Haha, other way around -- Dick put his kids in his will saying Vince will take care of them after he's gone. Which is both a verbal cock-suck of Vince and probably complete horseshit because both guys are loaded (money-wise). Vince did look like he was gonna cry though, so there's that? 

EDIT: It's worth noting that Ebersol's kid directed the documentary, too. And Vince still wants to beat up Bob Costas :D 

5 hours ago, caley said:

Can't help but wonder if Raw on Christmas is a big Vince FU to people complaining about the schedule: "Oh you thought the schedule was tough?  Now you're working Christmas Day!"

Reminds me of the story in Foley's book where someone asked Bill Watts (when he was running WCW) if they couldn't leave before the matches were done because a lot of the wrestlers had family to go home to and Watts stopped and said "Yeah, it's a tough business for families" and that was it.

If the rules of television are still in effect as we've known them for the last 50 years, then this is all clearly a setup for a Christmas Carol with Vince and a series of ghosts of terrible gimmicks visiting him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vince, grateful for a second chance at his life, sings the praises of the spirits and of Gorilla Monsoon. Upon realizing he has been returned to Christmas morning, Vince begins shouting "Merry Christmas!" at the top of his lungs. Genuinely over joyed and bubbling with excitement, Vince barely takes time to dress and dances while he shaves, for unkempt facial hair was still to be considered a sign of weakness of the highest magnitude. In a blur,  Vince runs into the street and offers to pay the first boy he meets a huge sum to deliver an array of ketchup and steak wraps to Jim Ross. He meets one of the portly gentlemen who earlier sought charity for the poor and apologizes for his previous rudeness, promising to donate huge amounts of Roman Reigns t-shirts to the poor. He attends Pat Patterson's Christmas party and radiates such heartfelt bliss that the other guests can hardly manage to swallow their shock at his surprising behavior.

The following morning, Vince arrives at the office early and assumes a very stern expression when Jim Ross enters eighteen and a half minutes late. Vince, feigning disgust, begins to scold JR, before suddenly announcing his plans to give JR a large raise and assist his troubled family. JR is stunned, but Vince promises to stay true to his word.....pal.

As time passes, Vince is as good as his word: He helps the Rosses and becomes a second father to David Benoit who does not die as predicted in the ghost's ominous vision. Many people in Stamford are puzzled by Vince's behavior, but Vince merely laughs off their suspicions and doubts. Vince brings a little of the Christmas spirit into every day, respecting the lessons of Christmas more than any man alive. Lord Alfred Hayes concludes the story by saying that Vince's words and thoughts should be shared by of all of us ... "Promotional consideration has been brought to you by ICOPRO".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If Flair was in better condition, Ric, Cena and Roman as the Ghosts.

Taker as marley.

hormswoggle as tiny tim. 

See I was thinking a different direction.  The Goon, PN News, and Battle Cat as the ghosts.

Jack Tunney as Marley.

Big Show in a diaper as Tiny Tim.

Gobbledygooker as the prize turkey in the butcher's window that Vince sends Izzy to go buy but when she gets there Ted Dibiase bets her the money she can't dribble a basketball ten times....

• Like 3

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Vince McMahon, my boss, right here tonight in this ring. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

See how on Sunday, there's a murder mystery drama on BBC1 called Rellik? Well, the following Tuesday there's a game show starting in ITV2 called Bromans. No news as ro whether there will also be a docusoap called Generation ME, but it seems shows named after old TNA gimmicks are all the rage on British telly now.

33 minutes ago, AxB said:

See how on Sunday, there's a murder mystery drama on BBC1 called Rellik? Well, the following Tuesday there's a game show starting in ITV2 called Bromans. No news as ro whether there will also be a docusoap called Generation ME, but it seems shows named after old TNA gimmicks are all the rage on British telly now.

Did you know that "Rellik" is Killer spelled backwards?