DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

I just posted that in the puro thread.  Oops.  The other detail is that he has movement and sensation only from the neck up, so very little improvement in the 3-4 months since the original injury.  My (doctor) wife says that a 50 yr. old with near total paralysis after 3+ months is probably looking at a limited recovery.

It was also mentioned that Minoru Suzuki visited him in the hospital.

13 minutes ago, offspring515 said:

Perhaps there is a key difference between a 300 lb man and a 90 lb woman being approached by strangers in the middle of the night that Bubba is overlooking.

Also, I have a hard time believing Bully Ray is super-accommodating to all the neckbeards he meets in the airport at 5am.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The veterans who don't want to talk to people are really good at being accommodating while not seeming rude. 

I was at this show in Nashville and everyone is signing autographs. Dustin Rhodes was there and I missed getting to meet him. He initially managed to sneak past the crowd, He shook every hand, signed stuff and kept moving until he got to his car.

At a TNA show Devon came up to my section where apparently his kids were,  People were crowding him and he said "Let me handle this and I promise I will talk to all of you." 

I thought he was bullshitting, but he came back and was very nice to everyone. 

I find tattooed-within-an-inch-of-his-life Corey Graves working both shows kinda amusing considering Steve Corino was (supposedly) rejected for a commentary position because of unsightly scar tissue on his forehead.  

That said, Graves is at least decent and a better pick to replace JBL than most of the options, including Mauro.  i was kinda expecting them to fill the spot with Lawler or maybe JR.  

At this point, I;d actually prefer King to Ross.  Ugh.

Corino has scar tissue on his face, which is the second most important thing for a commentator behind their voice. Who knows how that looks in HD. Recent photos suggest it's not even that bad, and I've even said earlier in this thread (or the August one?) that they mostly look like age wrinkles now. But to compare that with Corey Graves' tattoos - of which, the only ones you can see on-screen are on his neck and knuckles (since the rest are covered by his suits and he's not Jerry Lawler and doesn't wear t-shirts). It's kind of like comparing apples and olives. It would be different if, say, Graves had tattoos all over his face and the reason they rejected Corino for that position was just because of scars on his face. Then it would be amusing.

I came in here wanting to make a joke about having a choice between having the night off and either watching Raw, the 30 for 30 about the XFL, and following one or the other up with the (re-?)debut of AAA on Univision... but after reading one post I can't. Fuck. 

We love you, Takayama. 

Yoshihiro-Takayama.jpg

• Sad 2

Can't imagine the roster will be too happy about that, and I'm wondering how many people will buy tickets for Christmas night.  Not really sure the point, when they could easily just tape these in advance.  Plus on Christmas they'll be going up against the NBA and the NFL.

So if Raw is live on Christmas this year, I wonder what the probability of the annual December 26th MSG show being SmackDown this year. Two birds with one stone. I really think the WWE should treat the MSG shows as a lost liter and film the shows and put them up on the network/broadcast live just for the historical significance the arena has top wrestling and the company.

Can't help but wonder if Raw on Christmas is a big Vince FU to people complaining about the schedule: "Oh you thought the schedule was tough?  Now you're working Christmas Day!"

Reminds me of the story in Foley's book where someone asked Bill Watts (when he was running WCW) if they couldn't leave before the matches were done because a lot of the wrestlers had family to go home to and Watts stopped and said "Yeah, it's a tough business for families" and that was it.