DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

Little blurb in yesterday's WON update

WWE has been uploading short video clips on YouTube from the first round Mae Young Classic matches, and Dakota Kai vs. Kavita Devi is lapping the competition. It currently has 1,431,560 views, with the next closest being Princesa Sugehit vs. Kay Lee Ray with 106,530. Toni Storm vs. Ayesha Raymond is next with 61,411 views, then Kairi Sane vs. Tessa Blanchard with 46,210. Aside from the organic interest from India for Devi’s match, the views could have been boosted by it being embedded on Indian news sites.

So again - I am shocked the Singh Brothers aren't the tag champs yet

Wouldn't the WWE having an organized strength coach be an argument against the "independent contractors" thing?

Maybe they have them now, but I think the WWE no-brainer they've missed is not having tour buses for the talent. Put them on buses like they're Bon Jovi and they can rest on the bus to the next town. That also pokes holes in the independent contractors thing, though.

Crossfit's "dangerosity" is that they do these Olympic lifts to muscle failure. Olympic lifts require a precise amount of form or you can fuck yourself up. It's hard to have form when you've lifted a barbell over your head 20 times as fast as you can. If they did, say, dumbbell curls to failure, then you just drop the dumbbell, no big deal. If you're doing an overhead press and fail, you have a bar full of weights over your head that you can no longer lift. Best-case scenario involves you messing up your shoulder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Little blurb in yesterday's WON update

So again - I am shocked the Singh Brothers aren't the tag champs yet

Remember the Bollywood Boyz aren't from India. They're Indo-Canadian, like Jinder. The interest hasn't been there for Jinder, while India loves The Great Khali for being one of their own.

If Christian's first reign as World Heavyweight Champion was also his only one and had ended with him losing to Mark Henry via ref stoppage at Night of Champions after taking a beating worse than the one Brock gave to Cena at Summerslam 2014, I'm sure most people would have had no problem with it.