DVDVR Message Board

MLB - SEPT/OCT 2017

Dolfan in NYC

On 9/25/2017 at 5:42 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

Sure - he may have been an unlikable asshole to 29 other fan bases - but he was our unlikable asshole dammit.  

Just remember, Rougey had this exact fight in Spokane years before this:

jose-bautista-rougned-odor-fight-punch-q

We live an hour north of the Twin Cities.  Our neighborhood had a board last year picking Twins wins and rbi's for the tie breaker.  No one picked that low, so the board rolled over to this year with the same people on it, now  a double pot.  It came down to two people who had picked 82 wins, myself and another gent.  They hit the 82 wins last week, but I had picked 750 rbi.  The other guy picked 675.  They passed 750 this pas Saturday.  $160 for me! 

This past June, our son, (8 years old) went to his first Twins game for Kid's Company.  It was a noon game, BUT went to a five hour rain delay.  Well, their busses had to leave at 3pm to get the kids back so their parents could pick them up after work.  When I got him at 5pm, they were throwing out the first pitch.  The Twins pitcher, (I can't remember who it was), was pulled after the first inning.  They wound up losing by like a dozen runs or so.  Anywho, the Twins organization found out that the kids got cheated out of a game, and sent TWO tickets out for each kid, and that game is this Saturday night, 6:10pm, Target Field!  I can't wait to sit with my son and experience his first MLB game evar.  Oh, and the $160 will be well spent on Twins gear and hot dogs. 

Also, the Twins play by play guy, Dick Bremer, is from my hometown, (a small place like 100 people now).  Dick's father, back in the day, was our church's pastor.  My father was friends with him, and still is to this day.  Dad got me Dick's cell number, and Dick said that if my son and I show up early enough to the field that day, he will get my son and I into the TV broadcast booth and get autographs from him and Burt Blyleven and obligatory pix, too.  Hell yeah!

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Tabe said:

Just remember, Rougey had this exact fight in Spokane years before this:

jose-bautista-rougned-odor-fight-punch-q

A baseball player that can actually throw a punch, now that's something that you don't see every day.

• Like 1

Don't you dare ever apologize for the Cardinals failing. The Brewers still have a chance! A nearly non-existent one, but a chance! Now, if we just sweep the *checks schedule* Cardinals, oh crap, we can get in with the Rockies suddenly falling apart! *sobs to sleep*

Go Dodgers! Boo Cardinals! That's all I can do. If we lose and the Rockies win, we're technically done I believe. I'm not quite sure how that works with tiebreakers either.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Go Dodgers! Boo Cardinals! That's all I can do. If we lose and the Rockies win, we're technically done I believe. I'm not quite sure how that works with tiebreakers either.

Yeah - the Rockies magic number is 2 so basically the Brewers can't lose again

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I saw folks tweeting about a potential Judge injury today. Since I've not heard more, I guess it was not a big deal.

Considering he played the whole game and its not mentioned at all in the game story - no idea what folks are talking about

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find that hard to believe. I don't think there's many things better than punching Jose Bautista.

It lasted well over 15 minutes and included a huge sucker punch KO that got Matt West suspended for 10 games. Didn't have quite the same awesome visual of the flying sunglasses though. 

Even more amazing is that Odor is on pace to be the first guy with 30+ homers and a slugging percentage under .400.

• Thanks 1

Finally official

Red Sox win AL East

Yanks are 1st WC

Indians clinch best record in AL 

Twins at Yanks on Tuesday

Sox at Stros starting Thursday

Also good for the Sox because they don't have to start Chris Sale tomorrow now

Rockies officially clinch! It'll be interesting to see if they can beat the D-Backs, but a great building block regardless. Jeff Bdrich has to get all the credit in the world for drafting well and actually making player development a thing with them. Bud Black was a great hire. Let's hope the Monforts actually follow up on this season and try to stay competitive.

Well, the Phillies cannot move much lower than they are, but at least we're not last.

Honestly, I can't really feel down about how we did this year. I mean, May was apocalyptic, but after the all star break we've been .500, AND fun to watch. That's pretty encouraging. Maybe we can do something like that all year next year!

The only thing that Sunday holds for the Phillies is if we'll successfully complete the entire season without a walk-off home run. It's apparently been 25 years since we've last pulled that off.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic

Scherez officially has a "tweaked hamstring"

Might not start Game 1

Because of the 45 days off the NLDS has for some reason - he could start Game 2 and then a potential Game 5 on normal rest