DVDVR Message Board

MLB - SEPT/OCT 2017

Dolfan in NYC

They have been truly atrocious for the last couple weeks. They won Kershaw's first start back from the DL, but could only muster 1 run in that game. 3-13 I think is the number since the Rich Hill game. I really don't give a fuck, because I have been waiting for the collapse to come for a long time. You can't play the way they did all season long, there has to be a cold spell. Even as bad as they have been, the lead in the West is still 10 games and they are still the best record in baseball. Also, with SD beating STL last night, that clinces them a playoff spot. They can now finish no worse than the second WC spot.

Seager back tonight from being limited to hitting only over the last few days or a week, so maybe that makes the difference and they get back going again. They have gone 45-8 with Taylor/Turner/Bellinger/Seager in the lineup, so maybe he sparks something tonight. It's been real weird, everything fell apart all at once.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yanks/Rays series beginning of next week will be played at Citi Field.

Rays are the "home" team

If the Rays were smart they'd give tickets to all Mets season and plan holders. They'd end up with a more pro Rays crowd than if the games were played at the Trop. 

• Like 1

All tickets are $25 and just went on sale today. I'd go to one of them but I have to wake up at 4 in the morning for work this week and getting home from a game at 1 in the morning would leave me with nowhere near enough sleep to function.

Oh for fucks sake.

Al Yellon, the shithead blogger who the media seems to glom onto as the face of Cubs fandom (likely because of working for ABC 7 in the past), has made himself look like an even bigger shithead, if that was even possible.

Basically, Kyle Schwarber ran a fundraiser, which raised $280,000 for first responders in honor of 9/11. Because Al is a complete fucking moron and since Schwarber hasn't been playing too well, he believes this distracted Schwarber, saying, "I'm glad he raised all of that money, but baseball has to come first."

After being questioned on his lunacy, he doubled down to add "He's not being paid to raise money for charity. He's being paid to play baseball. His job has to come first, yes. If he was focusing on the fundraiser and not baseball, that’s wrong, no matter who the beneficiaries are."

I hate the fans of the team I love.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh for fucks sake.

Al Yellon, the shithead blogger who the media seems to glom onto as the face of Cubs fandom (likely because of working for ABC 7 in the past), has made himself look like an even bigger shithead, if that was even possible.

Basically, Kyle Schwarber ran a fundraiser, which raised $280,000 for first responders in honor of 9/11. Because Al is a complete fucking moron and since Schwarber hasn't been playing too well, he believes this distracted Schwarber, saying, "I'm glad he raised all of that money, but baseball has to come first."

After being questioned on his lunacy, he doubled down to add "He's not being paid to raise money for charity. He's being paid to play baseball. His job has to come first, yes. If he was focusing on the fundraiser and not baseball, that’s wrong, no matter who the beneficiaries are."

I hate the fans of the team I love.

I don't know much about the guy and assumed your vitriol towards him was the typical hating of a superfan that happens elsewhere in part because of jealousy. I was wrong, the guy is an idiot and I have no idea how anyone can take him seriously after this. It's like something the dumbest sports talk radio caller would say.

• Like 2

Miami's series this weekend with Milwaukee will be played in Milwaukee.   The stadium has been cleared for use, but the Marlins didn't want to take away resources from the recovery effort.  

They will play in Miami again beginning Monday. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:20 AM, RIPPA said:

I was actually awake when the game finally ended (since that was like 5 AM EST)

I sat through the whole fucking thing. Ended up being a 10.50 restart, and the final out was recorded at 2.11 Pacific. I should have bailed from my house and just gone to the game, I can get from my house to PacBell Park in an hour and 40 minutes with no traffic.

46 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I wonder how much money you could have made by betting on Cleveland having a better record then the Dodgers at the end of the year.

I have no clue, but my partner sent me a tweet from some Vegas dude that showed that from a $100 start, if you simply bet them to win every day and let your winnings ride, after yesterday's win you'd be sitting on $884K.

Edited by grilledcheese

So The A's might actually really have a new ballpark sometime soon.

Here's to bringing back the iceplant, keeping (most of) the massive foul territory as a quirky home field advantage, and maybe making a short right field porch for this Matt Olson kid to whack dingers over (oh, and keep Matt Olson).

• Like 1