DVDVR Message Board

WWE No Mercy 2017

The Natural

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I won't be surprised when Alexa is the first one to pin Asuka in a WWE/NXT ring.

I'm dreading Asuka flip flopping the title with Alexa. 

Hopefully, Vince won't feel the need to write Alexa's material for the Asuka feud.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm dreading Asuka flip flopping the title with Alexa. 

Hopefully, Vince won't feel the need to write Alexa's material for Asuka feud.

Alexa's choice of eye makeup will be more questionable than usual.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

i thought the point of the sequence was that Cena was clowning around and Reigns set him straight. 

The only thing missing at the start was Cena doing one of Shawns flip bumps off a punch where he rolls out to the floor into a Flair flop.

• Like 1

The spot where Cena exited the ring and walked up the ramp after reacting to the ''you both suck'' chants was an element of self awareness that you don't really see often in WWE matches, like, they knew the LA crowd would attempt to shit on it and booked the match pretty much perfectly to counteract that. After that it was pretty much your standard Cena/Roman dueling chants and everyone were biting on the near falls at the end. I liked the match, but Cena being goofy was very much engineered. 

Anyway I'm still annoyed at the Brock/Braun finish so fuck this show. 

• Like 1

Meltzer just posted this update a little while ago

According to those close to the situation, Cesaro did not get his teeth cracked or knocked out when he went mouth first into the post last night after taking a catapult into the corner spot by Dean Ambrose.

What actually happened is that the blow caused Cesaro's front teeth to be jammed into his gums.

According to someone familiar with this type of situation, the teeth possibly could be saved by having oral surgery to pull the teeth down and stabilize them, although that would require a root canal. But it was noted in a WWE.com post that Cesaro will see “a maxillofacial surgeon today, most likely removing the teeth and then having some implants made” and that they hope to have him back in action by mid-week.

The injury took place at last night's No Mercy pay-per-view in Los Angeles where Cesaro & Sheamus were challenging Ambrose & Seth Rollins in a match for the Raw Tag Team titles. Cesaro wrestled much of the match badly bleeding from the mouth, and it appeared that his teeth had been knocked out. He later posted photos of his injury after the match was over.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So we burnt off both of Cena's super finishers (the avalanche AA and the double AA) in order to get almost no pop at all for Roman winning. 

I like Reigns, but Christ when will they admit they failed?

After Vince has died

I mean, they didn't even really boo at the finish. There was just this lack of noise. 

Rest if the show wasn't bad. I knew Brock was winning and enjoyed the match just fine. 

Have Rollins and Ambrose help Roman win the belt, turn them all heel, see if that helps. I guess. Since clearly they aren't going to not have Roman win.

lol turn them all heel. Shit, they would turn Ambrose and Rollins heel and still keep trying to push Roman as a face.

I'm just astounded. Is this the most stubborn push Vince has ever given someone? It has to be. Even with dorks like Lex Luger he eventually bailed. This is just the most Sisyphean task. At what point does the boulder roll backwards and crush Vince?

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So we burnt off both of Cena's super finishers (the avalanche AA and the double AA) in order to get almost no pop at all for Roman winning. 

I like Reigns, but Christ when will they admit they failed?

I would look at it the other way. When will they admit they succeeded?

He's the guy. We know he's the guy because they've spent years telling us he's the guy. He's had a bunch of Mania main events. He retired the freaking undertaker. 

The fault in his game is now is not wins/losses. It's his character work.

Cena's loss last night gave him character. It gave him built in motivation when he returns. A reason for the audience to care.

What does another win give Reigns?