DVDVR Message Board

WWE No Mercy 2017

The Natural

Would love to see Roman's face when Vince is like. "Alright kid we set the table for ya.  Now go our there and open RAW and bask in the love! There's no way this could possibly go wrong unless you somehow fuck up all my good work during your walk down the ramp. What? Angle? No we don't need to set anything up. They're begging to cheer you! Now get out there and don't mess up this time. If you're really worried we'll send Miz out with you. No way they'll cheer him. Trust me. I understand that crowd better than any man alive!"

[music hits]

[massive boos]

[single tear]

[Sarah Mclachlan begins playing inside Roman's head]

[softly whispered]: "Even a big dog needs love."

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Miz/Jordan was really good. Tag titles match was great. Women's match was good.

I enjoyed Cena/Roman well enough, but it basically felt pointless and disappointing with it being used to confirm Roman as the new head guy instead of using it to settle into new and more interesting direction for him.

Enzo/Neville was a fun match for me. I'm not particularly pissed Enzo won. I don't have the same hatred for him others do, and its probably about the time for Neville's reign to end. I'm hoping this means we get Kendrick and Gallagher trying to Enzo for the belt soon.

Brock/Braun was solid until the end. It really should have taken more to put Braun down and really this wass Braun's time to win the belt. He isn't dead or anything, but I suspect it be nearly as interesting or mean much when Braun finally does get the belt.

Are they still trying to get Roman cheered?  I'm not sure about that,  it just seems like even if you are a senile old man you'd have realized by now that the ship has sailed on that.  I think this is just an example of forcing and forcing and forcing and beating viewers into accepting Roman as someone who just basically exists at the top of the card. If they tell fans long enough that Roman is the only one that matters then maybe he will be the only one left who garners any type of reaction,  whether that's boos or cheers. It sort of worked for Cena in a way but the big difference is Cena was so much better on the mic than Roman is and Cena always had the kids/women which I'm not sure Roman does. Then Cena around 2007 or so progressed into a very good wrestler.   In 2017 he's accepted as a big star and is a big star just not Hogan/Austin/Rock level. 

59 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Are they still trying to get Roman cheered?  I'm not sure about that,  it just seems like even if you are a senile old man you'd have realized by now that the ship has sailed on that.  I think this is just an example of forcing and forcing and forcing and beating viewers into accepting Roman as someone who just basically exists at the top of the card. If they tell fans long enough that Roman is the only one that matters then maybe he will be the only one left who garners any type of reaction,  whether that's boos or cheers. It sort of worked for Cena in a way but the big difference is Cena was so much better on the mic than Roman is and Cena always had the kids/women which I'm not sure Roman does. Then Cena around 2007 or so progressed into a very good wrestler.   In 2017 he's accepted as a big star and is a big star just not Hogan/Austin/Rock level. 

Feel like they were trying to elevate Reigns and cool off Braun. It seems like they just helped Cena.

The problem with the Cena/Roman feud is that everyone will remember Cena killing Roman in the promos leading up to the match, but no one will one remember a damn thing from the match itself because it was the most cookie cutter WWE epic ever and the "passing the torch" moment felt so forced and phony.

The Nakamura match and rub was better in every way.

• Like 3

That tag team match was amazing. But what the hell was up with Ambrose going all John Cena and kicking out of EVERYTHING. I mean when he kicked out of having Seth superbombed on him I was like "this is bullshit". I love Ambrose, but the amount he kicked out was ridiculous. Some Indy guys were like "damn dude, even we'll take a 3 there". I did get a good laugh early in match when Cesaro swung him into the ring steps and he's out and like three seconds later hes all "owww". The delayed reaction was funny.

Roman/Cena was a good match, but man did it take a good long while for it get going. I notice a lot of Roman's matches have these problems. They start off so slow where they just aren't meshing in the ring. I thought it was funny we saw Cena do the exact thing The Rock did with the "raise the arm, please like this guy" pose after the match. If they want to give Roman the title, just do it now. I don't want another six or seven months of this till wrestlemania.

7 hours ago, JCM said:

When that doesn't work he'll be convinced going over Brock at Mania in his 4th consecutive Mania main event will be the one to win people over.

I am eagerly awaiting the crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble in Philly when the big dog wins again.

Early in Cena/Reigns, I got an uneasy Michaels/Hogan vibe.  The thing that got me was the silly ending, Cena sitting there for what seemed like forever to bask in the "I'm not Roman" glory.  It had the feeling of, no one in the crowd had any idea how to react because there didn't seem to be any precipitated suggestion that this would be his "last match" or some such.  Which, in light of all the incessant trolling he and Reigns had done for the preceding 7 hour match - wtf was that whole "im abandoning teh match bcuz I listen to THA FANZ~!" shit Cena was determined to do? - seemed very ill earned.

This Cena run has been WEIRD. Jobbed a million times in pedestrian fashion and has had a rather bemused air about things overall. The faux-leaving gag was so not the John Cena character.  He's probably banged up and even though he has a lot of great opportunities in Hollywood I'm sure there's general tension in the transition from company ace to special attraction/shuffling down the card. Also, he has to know that they're wasting these jobs on the worst possible builds. I imagine he'll have some interesting shit to say one day.

• Like 3

I like how the entire 205Live roster is on board with milking the ZOMG He's Not My Champion gimmick. Well done.

What's funny is fans and "experts" losing their shit that Enzo is now the Cruiserweight Champion, like the WWE has never pushed a good talker (although that's debatable) over a good worker 100 times in the past already.

The thing I hate about Enzo is that he's an obnoxious braggart cowardly cheating hypocritical bully. Naturally an unlikable heel one would think. Yet somehow he's a still unlikable face?

A strong show despite Enzo winning and a disappointing main event. Tag title match and women's matches were great. Good to see Emma get some shine time.

Oh, and after Bayley's shoddy treatment I'm going to adore Asuka stomping Alexa into oblivion soon. >:) Sorry. (not sorry)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

Early in Cena/Reigns, I got an uneasy Michaels/Hogan vibe.  The thing that got me was the silly ending, Cena sitting there for what seemed like forever to bask in the "I'm not Roman" glory.  It had the feeling of, no one in the crowd had any idea how to react because there didn't seem to be any precipitated suggestion that this would be his "last match" or some such.  Which, in light of all the incessant trolling he and Reigns had done for the preceding 7 hour match - wtf was that whole "im abandoning teh match bcuz I listen to THA FANZ~!" shit Cena was determined to do? - seemed very ill earned.

I'm glad I'm no not the only one who noticed that. Cena's selling was pretty clownish at the beginning of the match.