DVDVR Message Board

WWE No Mercy 2017

The Natural

16 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

RIP, Elias' push.  You had a good run.

It was all downhill after they stopped calling him The Drifter and having him walk through random backstage segments strumming his guitar.

• Like 1

It wasn't a bad show but the two main events underwhelmed.   

Cena and Reigns slept through the first portion of the match and then went into finisher overkill and shit was it ever overkill.  Cool moment for Cena in the post-match.  I laughed at the "If Cena loses We Riot" sign.  At times Cena looked like he didn't care at all in this match. 

Brock and Braun was solid but not great.  I think they had a better match in them.  Brock going over well...  I've said from the beginning it's a mistake.  

• Like 2

Oh and Brock vs. Reigns at Mania still being the plan....    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.   Not interested in seeing Roman win yet another title and begin yet another reign that will fail miserably.  Look at attendance,  Vince.  It's terrible.  He's not the guy.  Nobody cares. Half empty arenas every week.  

That tag match was possibly the best non-DIY tag match I have seen in years.  I didn't realize Cesaro had fucked his teeth up, so when Rollins superkicked him and his mouth exploded....I will never forget that.  

Rollins being powerbombed onto Ambrose should have been the finish.  That was insane.

Loved the women's match too. This was building up to be one of the great shows ever...  And then the rest of it happened.

• Like 4

I'd hate the Main less if it wasn't 90% Braun nuking Brock, just for one Kimura to pretty much stop Braun dead, then 1 F5 out of nowhere to end it, after Brock kicks out of 3 powerslams.  The finisherspam in the mains was disporportinate toward the winner, but worked better in Cena/Roman due to that being a less one sided affair.

Enzo Amore winning the cruiserweight title is basically the 205 Live version of Vince McMahon winning the ECW title.  It took a dead brand and put ashes over it.

I guess it is good that Braun dominated most of the match but again it is the same Brock sudden pin thing like against Joe.   Guess we have to get used to it until Reigns wins the title at Wrestlemania

• Like 1

The shoulder-to-the-ringpost spot should be retired after tonight.  That shit was in 100% of the matches tonight.

Second most overdone spot: Tired wrestler brings themself to their feet in blowjob position.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jordan looked good in his match and then we got the inevitable distraction finish.

The tag match totally overdelivered.  Cesaro got the Mark Brisco dental plan and still hung in there.  Ambrose kicking out of that superbomb finish was bullshit.

I don't even remember who won between Balor and Bray.

The women's match had some cool spots but most of it went by the standard WWE multiperson match of two people getting their shit in while the others lay around outside.  Nia died almost as bad as Cesaro.

I'm wondering if Cena and Roman decided to troll the fans who always boo both of them by putting on the biggest snoozefest possible.  The match started slow then Roman DDTed himself on the table and after a few finisher trades it was over.  I'm already dreading Cena's "Is this it? Have I lost my smile? Nah I'm gonna try going for the title one more time!" comeback promo.

The CW match was predictable and went for way too long.  Enzo winning is going to spell the end of the division unless he drops it with the quickness.

Brock/Braun started off good then became the same match Brock has been working for the past year or two now.  The ending was really abrupt and there's no reason Brock should have won.

1 minute ago, nate said:

The shoulder-to-the-ringpost spot should be retired after tonight.  That shit was in 100% of the matches tonight.

Second most overdone spot: Tired wrestler brings themself to their feet in blowjob position.

No, the most overdone spot is delivering the final blow, getting a 2 count, and then sitting there in shock and not doing a goddamn thing about it.  EVERY MATCH.  Oh No, what do I do? How about not dicking around like a fucking idiot?

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

No, the most overdone spot is delivering the final blow, getting a 2 count, and then sitting there in shock and not doing a goddamn thing about it.  EVERY MATCH.  Oh No, what do I do? How about not dicking around like a fucking idiot?

You've got to sit there in shock so the camera can pan around to get surprised reaction shots from the fans.

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Cena and Reigns slept through the first portion of the match and then went into finisher overkill and shit was it ever overkill.

The only big Roman match to rival this one in crappieness was probably the Taker match. WWE epic style at it's worst where the first half of the match doesn't matter then they go straight to 2.9'z. Brock/Braun was awesome for about two minutes before Braun got sucked into Brock's tired ass formula.

Jason Jordan has sub Lance Storm charisma. Cesaro killed himself on the ring post and still carried Ambrose and Rollins to the MOTN. What a boss. Women's title match was the second best on the night with Nia and Emma looking really good. Don't care about Enzo winning 205 division is DOA anyway. Balor beats Bray after being attacked pre match. Just have Bray go away for a year. Pretty fun show, but the two big matches under delivered.

The tag title match was easily the match of the night. Cesaro has to be the first Swiss hillbilly.

I don't care that Enzo won the CW title. Any form of the CW division will never amount to anything as long as Vince is alive. 

If you missed the rest of the show, you didn't miss anything. 

I had fun at NXT last night, so at least there's that.