DVDVR Message Board

WWE No Mercy 2017

The Natural

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Right. I'm making the larger point that Reigns does not need wins, he needs to be a compelling character to get to the next level. 

With the wasteland that is creative at this point, I shudder to think what they could possibly come up with to make Roman "compelling".

Braun became compelling simply because he came out and kicked ass every week. And when they did that with Roman, it worked. I don't know why they have this need to make him sympathetic.

Roman would be so much interesting if he evolved from The Shield. But he never did. He's still got the look the music. Hell he was using the intro for like a year after they broke up I think.

I'm sure he could evolve into something more. But they're so dead set to keep him as that perfect cog in the machine. 

3 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Roman would be so much interesting if he evolved from The Shield. But he never did. He's still got the look the music. Hell he was using the intro for like a year after they broke up I think.

I'm sure he could evolve into something more. But they're so dead set to keep him as that perfect cog in the machine. 

Evolve into what though? I see people say this, but they never say what exactly. I mean technically speaking what he has been doing for the last two years was already different from his Shield character. An outfit and music change isn't really going to mean much if its the same character.

I would've had Cena get dominated and squeak out a win via rollup.  The crafty elder statesman still figured out a way to pull it off. Tonight Cena gives a speech to announce he's taking a break. Reigns interrupts and demands a rematch on the spot. Cena's game. Cena wins again as Raw closes out. Reigns spends the next six months on a rampage calling out Cena every chance he gets. That (at least to me) is interesting. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, nate said:

Oh, and does anyone know what exactly is "Milk of Marknesia"?

I assume it involves going down into someone's parents' basement, grabbing a wrestling fan by the udders, and tugging until he spurts.

I can probably find a gif, but please don't make me.

• Like 1

Sooo. In that clip where they're giving him stitches backstage, all they're doing is sewing his teeth up higher inside his skull than they are supposed to be.

And that only hurts more than almost anything I can imagine.

I once got the tiny broken tip of a toothpick stuck between two of my teeth and I freaked out like I had just been shot with a tazer.

I thought they were just sewing the inside of his lips. Back in 5th or 6th grade a friend of mine and I were playing tag and the dude slipped on a puddle of mud and went feet up, face down, face first into concrete off a ledge, his face/mouth was gnarly and he had to get a bunch of stitches on the inside of his lips.

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I assume it involves going down into someone's parents' basement, grabbing a wrestling fan by the udders, and tugging until he spurts.

I can probably find a gif, but please don't make me.

Settle down Hollywood Hortonnetico.

• Haha 5

One thing to consider after that Reigns/Cena match and Cena kind of touched on it on the E&C podcast (which was very good btw) is that like him/hate him Reigns showed something different over the last 4 weeks, he showed a bit of fire in his promos BUT now that the Cena feud is seemingly over where does he go now? He's not going to feud with Brock yet, Braun and Bray have been done.  A stop gap feud with The Miz? Its back to square one if it is.

Was talking with a friend about that earlier today. Where does Reigns go from here to Mania if they really are holding out on Brock/Reigns until then. That is 6 months away. What can Reigns possibly do for 6 more months? I figure the unsettled feud with Joe is up next for Reigns, and that could last up through Survivor Series I guess. But then what? I just don't see how they can build off of any sort of momentum they think they just built up for him with the Cena victory for the next 6 months. Seems like they HAVE to do Brock/Reigns before then. Maybe at the Rumble? 

Re-watched Brock/Braun and it was actually pretty good in a vacuum, about on par with Brock/Joe. The early stages were good with Brock not being able to use his power. They early running powerslam (even though it got kicked out of) was useful in establishing Brock not being able to hit the F5 early. This was the only match where the shoulder to the turnbuckle made sense, because Brock immediately followed with the kimura to gain the upper hand. Then it was just about Brock wearing down his uncharacteristically bigger opponent. Braun's selling was good here too. Should've done a little more for the finish to protect Braun, but overall it was a nice, tight story.

In the context of Brock's title run putting a year-long freeze on anything meaningful happening on Raw, I can see why people would be underwhelmed, since Braun should be breaking out right now. Can't wait for Roman to kick out of the F5 to no pop at WM 34.

Finally got through the matches that interested me.  Ok show, but I coulda skipped it and not minded much.  Judging from this show and last night's RAW, nothing is being set up that interests me.  Shield reunion doesn't do much for me, since I wasn't that into their first run.  Enzo, king of the cruiserweights, was handled well last night but probably isn't something that will get me to start watching 205 again.

Somehow heard nothing but positive stuff about this ppv, so avoided all spoilers and was proud of myself to have made it to this moment when I finally had time to watch.  But sort of thought the excitement was because Cena won. Ugh. Other than Cesaro, this was terrible.

Meltzflakes from cagematch.net:

Balor vs. Wyatt ***1/4

Bliss vs. Banks vs. Bayley vs. Jax vs. Emma ***1/2

Ambrose/Rollins vs. Cesaro/Sheamus ****1/4

Reigns vs. Cena ****1/4.

Disagree with the tag match and Reigns/Cena sharing the same star ratings when the former smoked it. I'd go ****1/2 for the tag team match while Reigns/Cena made me sleepy.