DVDVR Message Board

WWE No Mercy 2017

The Natural

Women's title,  tag titles and intercontinental title matches were all very good.  But this is likely a show I'll never revisit.  Just thinking about how can they get 80,000 people in New Orleans this time around.  I'm not sure they can unless Shane is jumping off buildings or maybe the undercard is stacked with AJ/Nakamura type matches.  

Brock/Reigns isn't something that's going to move tickets. 

This year didn't shatter our hopes of Dolph Ziggler leaving after losing a career match, so it is already an improvement.

I'm sure the cruiser division is toast; I just hope it doesn't make a lot of those guys lose their jobs.

Every time I get slightly enthusiastic and commit to a change of guard WWE plays safe, I shouldn't bother anymore. They totally Ryback'd Braun tonight x100. Braun is ready, I'm not sure sure who posted it in one of the Raw threads but his rise to the belt charge was as Stone Cold-ish as there has been in a long time, big opportunity missed, lots of cash burnt, they never learn. 

• Like 5

Just now, piranesi said:

Based on this Cena interview, Vince is 100% convinced that this one did the job and Roman is going to be beloved tomorrow, so get ready to go through the whole cycle again.

Silly, senile old man. They're so cute at that age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I'd recommend Ambrose/Rollins vs. Cesaro/Sheamus and Bliss vs. Banks vs. Bayley vs. Jax vs. Emma only.

Absolutely.  I rarely watch PPVs but I did tonight and when I saw those two I really thought I was on to something special.  And I was.  And then the rest of it happened.  So Bayley came back early...just to look like an even bigger loser?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Based on this Cena interview, Vince is 100% convinced that this one did the job and Roman is going to be beloved tomorrow, so get ready to go through the whole cycle again.

When that doesn't work he'll be convinced going over Brock at Mania in his 4th consecutive Mania main event will be the one to win people over.

I know people are bummed about Bayley, but I'm glad Emma didn't take the fall and actually got to do something on a ppv.

• Like 1

December has Clash of Champions in Boston and then RAW the next night in Providence.  I usually attend nearly every show around this area but who can care about anything we are seeing right now.  

Agree with the Stone Cold comparison for Braun.  Dude was super over,  it was pretty much organic.  They should run with it. But they wrongly think Roman is that guy and it won't change. This is why Vince needs competition.  Maybe attendance will continue to dwindle. That's the only way he learns.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

They totally Ryback'd Braun tonight x100. Braun is ready, I'm not sure sure who posted it in one of the Raw threads but his rise to the belt charge was as Stone Cold-ish as there has been in a long time, big opportunity missed, lots of cash burnt, they never learn. 

In fairness Stone Cold never beat Bret Hart once and he still became who he was.  Braun gassing like he is about to die is there.  He got pinned because I'm not sure he could have done a lot more.  

16 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Can we replace Bayley with Dakota Kai yet?

Better yet, can we just move all the women to a Network show and give them 2 hours and let the NXT people book it? Because I'd be all over that.

Nia Jax was the MVP of the night.

• Like 2

All the wrong finishes.  Well, maybe not Miz over Jordan.  But when your most satisfying win of the night was evil Miz winning with a distraction finish, there's something wrong.  Bray is worthless.  So Finn's win is worthless.  Cesaro and Seamus deserved to win on that super powerbomb of Rollins onto Ambrose.  Especially after Cesaro toughed the match out after busting his teeth over selling terrible Ambrose offense. Nia was the MVP of the women's match, and we still end up having Bliss pin Bayley clean because Bayley is stupid.  Roman v. Cena was the trolliest way they could've booked the match.  And there's absolutely no value in having Brock keep the belt.  He's not wrestling again any time soon.  I'm not even gonna talk about Enzo.  The only positive is maybe Neville is heading back to the regular roster.  He's always been too good for the sideshow cruiserweights have become. 

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Vince hates the fans. 

• Like 2

Really liked the womens match more than I expected to. Really fast paced all the way through, Nia's double samoan drop spot was cool, Emma got to shine a little, great finish.

Agreed in thinking the first three matches were all good to really good. Reigns/Cena certainly went from slow start straight into finishers. Finish felt a little weak compared to what Reigns had kicked out of.

Had a feeling they'd continue the Enzo cheating nonsense, sucks to see Neville lose the title again so soon. Main event was underwhelming for sure. Expected Brock to win but figured it would take some gigantic happening to really keep Braun down with the way it was built.

• Like 1