DVDVR Message Board

WWE No Mercy 2017

The Natural

I’m creating this topic as I’m looking forward to two big first time matches in Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman for the WWE Universal Championship and John Cena vs. Roman Reigns. We figured both would be at WrestleMania XXXIV but WWE’s giving them away here. I feel that’s a mistake.

In Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman for the WWE Universal Championship, you have protected wrestlers who rarely lose. Braun has really imrpved this year, he needs the win more and should become the new WWE Universal Champion.

I’m confident Roman Reigns beats John Cena, the match and the crowd reactions be something with both dividing fans opinions.

It seems strange to me to give Braun his first title and Reigns a win over Cena on No Mercy instead of one of the Big Four so I immediately suspect shenanigans. Then again, that model seems to be going by the wayside recently so who knows? I could easily see this show being a stepping stone to angles that will be sown up later, possibly much later. Or they could be boring, put Brock and Reigns over, and continue down that death march to yet another 'Mania main event nobody's happy with.

I'm glad they're doing big matches on a non big 4 show. So much better than just forcing a gimmick ppv where it isn't necessary. They're actually capitalizing on their one organically compelling feud (Brock/Braun), and that should be encouraged.

• Like 1

I think the reason they are running Braun vs Brock and Roman vs Cena now is that Brock and Cena are on borrowed time. Cena isn't leaving anytime soon but It's safe to say that Cena's in ring career is winding down. I think we are in store for a "historical" 15 month 17th world Championship reign sooner rather than later, general consensus I think is that Cena vs Reigns needs to happen now. Brock vs Braun has alot of buzz and excitement and they have the opportunity to make a star right now if they put the strap on Braun and have him pin Brock clean. Smart Money have Brock disappear after the loss, and then be a surprise entrant in the Rumble at like 25 and have him win. Have Roman win the Universal title from Braun in the main event of the Rumble PPV and end the show with a stare down. Then we do Roman vs Brock and Cena vs Braun at Mania. Put Roman and Braun over and there ya go.

Is Cena officially on the RAW roster? If not I might have Daniel Bryan send some SDL guys to interefere on Cena's behalf to set in motion the RAW vs SDL Survivor Series main event where Roman leads team RAW and Cena leads team SDL

I would put Braun over Brock with some sort of wacky finish which continues the trend that Braun never actually wins on his own against top talent it's either someone intereferes, he uses a weapon or his opponent decides to dive into an ambulance. Plus I  am run Samoa Joe vs. Braun for the belt at Survivor Series and put Joe over.

Also I'd probably book Nia over Alexa in a quick squash to get her over as a monster babyface unless Asuka is going to debut. Then I'd have Alexa cheat to win and have Asuka debut by destroying Alexa and Nia Jax after the match.

I'd keep the belts on the Miz, Neville and Ambrose/Rollins in their matches whoever they face

Something tells me Jeff Hardy is winning the IC title on the Labor Day raw and that Jeff and Miz are having a rematch at No Mercy. I could see Mix going over and fuck it have him beat Honkey Tonk Man's reign. Unless they want to do something different and do a Lex Luger - Sting 95/96 angle where Jason Jordan is only a face when Kurt Angle is looking and the rest of the time he's a heel and everyone is trying to convince Kurt that jordan is a dick but Kurt doesn't want to hear it and it leads to Jordan vs Kurt and Mania. Then give the belt to Hardy on Raw and set up Jordan vs Jeff at No Mercy and have Jordan go over by putting his foot on the ropes for leverage cuz that would get Jason Jordan heat brother, cheating to win over Jeff Hardy. Shit they could continue the Miz Jason Jordan feud by having Miz be the one who tries to convince Kurt that jason Jordan isn't who he says until he's blue in the face but Kurt won't have any of it until he see's it during the Rumble match. And up until the Rumble Jordan wins his matches by doing shitty underhanded things when the ref isn't looking but acts like he's as straight as an arrow when his daddys around. then at the Rumble Jason Jordan is eliminated and pulls the guy out who eliminated him (under the bottom rope) and beats them up around ringside and Kurt comes out and confronts him and Jordan shoves Kurt to the ground and then leaves. The guy who eliminates him eventually returns to the match and makes a comeback until being eliminated last by the winner. And then at the Raw the next night you set the seeds for Kurt vs Jordan and Kurt makes Jordan vs the guy he attacked the night before at the next Raw PPV. That Guy wins Jordan goes postal on Kurt and you have Jason Jordan vs Kurt Angle at Mania.

Looking forward to Brock/Braun. Really hoping Brauns wins the belt.

I'm more interested in the outcome of Cena/Reigns than the actual match itself which will still probably be good at worst. They really need this to end with Reigns murdering Cena.

I was against the idea of putting these matches on a September show because I felt both were WM worthy but there's certainly something behind the idea that football is coming and believe it or not the ratings for RAW have been up the last couple months.  People are interested in Braun right now and the women's segments have been doing very well too. Plus, this show is in LA at the Staples Center,  should be a good crowd.   

I think I'd put the belt on Braun here.  This reminds me of SummerSlam '02.  It would've been a mistake to have The Rock go over Brock there.  Braun has all the momentum and Brock is on a limited schedule. Give the belt to Braun and let him run with it while he's hot.  

On 9/8/2017 at 8:21 AM, TerjeRUN said:

This is shaping up to be a great card on paper. I get confused in these instances when people moan too many big matches are on the card though. It's like they have an aversion to happiness. 

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It seems weird that after so many throwaway non-big 4 shows, people are now complaining about shows like Great Balls of Fire and this getting marquee match ups.  If Brock is gone after Mania, there's only so much time to get these matches in.

Let's just call a spade a spade: people wanna play armchair booker and have things their way, and will complain otherwise. We are all guilty of this. What we should do is realize that everyone -- especially the wrestlers -- are held to the whims of a geriatric madman and getting anything good out of it is a blessing in disguise. 

• Like 2

I can't think of one good reason that Cena should put over Roman. The last couple weeks have made Roman look more unprepared than ever for this spot. I can't imagine how much the crowd shits all over a finish with Roman going over clean. And since the booking thus far has made it look like Roman will win and Vince is convinced that Roman losing helps him get over by building up sympathy for him, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Roman lose to Cena. Once the crowd pops for the finish, Vince will be in the back saying, "Dammit pal! Listen to them! The fucking love Roman!"

Brock and Braun I'm undecided on. I think the best move would have the match go to a no-decision or even a Dusty finish, as lame as that would be, just to see what the reaction to Braun really is. If he is indeed as over as he appears, I think you do the rematch at Survivor Series and having Braun win the title there.

This card is a looker on paper with two big matches on top.

Predicting:

Brock Lesnar retains the WWE Universal Championship. Hope Braun wins.

Roman Reigns defeats John Cena.

Alexa Bliss defends the WWE RAW Women's Title.

Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins keep the WWE RAW Tag Team Titles.

The Miz is still WWE Intercontinental Champion.

Neville remains WWE King of the Cruiserweights.

Finn Balor over Bray Wyatt.