DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown - 8/29/2017 - KO the Ref

Dolfan in NYC

I guess Nakamura getting laid out means he's winning next week. At least there's that.

I like Lana trying to turn Tamina into her lesbian Rusev. Tamina just ragdolled her opponent. That might be the worst a woman has been thrown around by a Snuka since...well you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Nothing on television right now is funnier than Baron Corbin. It's like they distilled the essence of the heel character who loses the big boat race in an 80s movie and turned his final tantrum where he is carried off by security screaming "YOU WON"T GET AWAY WITH THIS!!! I"M GOING TO MAKE YOU ALL PAY!! YOU BUNCH OF SLOBS HAVEN"T HEARD THE LAST OF ME" before his toupe falls off and he is thrown into a swimming pool" and turned that mess of DNA into a living man.

I mean Jesus Natalya and Carmella and James Elssworth were laughing about who was going to end up being the Baron Corbin of their feud.

• Like 2

I know there could be an entire subthread covering Nakamura's booking at this point, but is it too much to ask they not portray him as the easiest guy to get a jump on in wrestling history? 

Joe and Roode did it in NXT; Corbin did it three(?) times; Jinder defeated him with a distraction; tonight he walked right into an ambush, then the RKO outtanowhere... while he's got nothing else to pay attention to at all.

17 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

I know there could be an entire subthread covering Nakamura's booking at this point, but is it too much to ask they not portray him as the easiest guy to get a jump on in wrestling history? 

Joe and Roode did it in NXT; Corbin did it three(?) times; Jinder defeated him with a distraction; tonight he walked right into an ambush, then the RKO outtanowhere... while he's got nothing else to pay attention to at all.

Oh good, another SmackDown thread of this.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Oh good, another SmackDown thread of this.

giphy.gif

It's admittedly a dead horse that's already been beaten to dust, but to be fair... there isn't much this thread could be filled with. The Raw thread got five pages out of Roman Reigns career angst, round 1400, and this--*looks around*--isn't getting close to that. So, umm... Corbin continues to look dumb again; nobody cares. Shelton got a good pop, but looked a little sloppy. Still, it's cool. Rusev stays losing. Breezango stays amusing. Other things... probably happened. Possibly. Maybe. Nothing of consequence, though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Please let the Corbin remark lead to him kicking Ellsworth's head into the 11th row next week.

11 hours ago, piranesi said:

To get his heat back after Ellsworth pins him.

I love you both.  *heart eye emoji*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTW, I do have to mention how awful "Intense Dolph Ziggler" is.  

Like, he's trying to do meta-commentary as done by '08 Hyper-serious Chris Jericho and it just comes off like "I'm 14 and This Linkin Park CD Has Just Opened My Eyes"

• Like 1

I hate this Dolph Ziggler. There were far too many people who shit on the Cena/Roman segment about it being too meta and not a fucking word is uttered about how they let this garbage with Ziggler air. Motherfucker should just go to TNA/GFW/Impact/Whateverthefuck.

Dolph fucking sucks. 

• Like 2

I have next to no interest in SDL right now. I watched all of Nak's NXT run, and it was decent at best(and that was with good booking). Roode as a face is just wrong. Jinder as the champ is the pits. Ditto for Nattie as women's champ. The tag division has all of 2 teams in it. AJ has been saddled with uninspiring opponents. Then you have acts like Orton and Ziggler who I go out of my way to avoid. Corbin is now a running joke. Charlotte has done nothing since coming over( turn her back to heel please), and Becky is an afterthought. It would take an Asuka/Becky feud to get me back into this show.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I hate this Dolph Ziggler. There were far too many people who shit on the Cena/Roman segment about it being too meta and not a fucking word is uttered about how they let this garbage with Ziggler air. Motherfucker should just go to TNA/GFW/Impact/Whateverthefuck.

Dolph fucking sucks. 

Dude. What did GFW ever do to you?

• Like 2

Watched the hulu version. Still digging the Tamina/Lana stuff. I feel sorry for Baron Corbin. Fashion Files still is a highlight. Everything else was ok. The show wasn't bad, but nothing too interesting is going on at the moment.