DVDVR Message Board

Raw is John Cena Is Good At His Job - 8/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Also, is there any particular reason why No Mercy has a WrestleMania card?  I mean, fuck.    The first time ever Cena/Roman and the first time ever Braun/Brock.  

What are we getting at Mania?  

Roman vs. Jinder Mahal? 

Cena vs. Jason Jordan? 

Brock vs. Dean Ambrose II?  

Big Show vs. Yao Ming?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sasha needs to snap out of the Nickelodeon school of teen line reading. Especially that thing where she ends a promo by looking off camera, smiling at a non-existent crowd, swishing her hair and then gliding off like she's taking direction from the director of I Carly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, is there any particular reason why No Mercy has a WrestleMania card?  I mean, fuck.    The first time ever Cena/Roman and the first time ever Braun/Brock.  

What are we getting at Mania?  

Roman vs. Jinder Mahal? 

Cena vs. Jason Jordan? 

Brock vs. Dean Ambrose II?  

Big Show vs. Yao Ming?  

NFL season is starting and Vince is probably hitting the panic button.

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Oh please anyone that thinks Asuka is staying undefeated for more than 3 months is delusional.  

Maybe we'll get lucky and Asuka ends up on Smackdown where she might be able to slide under Vince's radar for a while as he masturbates furiously over Cena/Roman and Brock/Braun.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

I'm a little pissed that Big Show couldn't take 2 minutes to tape up the hand that he broke two weeks ago and then rebroke a week ago.

4TH WALL GODDAMMIT!!! it was BEFORE CENA so there was still KAYFABE!!!

He was too busy shaving his goatee...with his broken hand.

• Haha 2

My favorite Raw in a long time.

Alexa Bliss! Awesome main event and was shocked that Alexa won and won 100% clean, especially after constantly bringing up Sasha losing her first defense every time. Love the sequence of choke countered into victory roll followed by Alexa's awesome knockout right hand and perfect code red. Alexa's snap DDT is an excellent finish and pretty well protected. This plus Emma actually winning a match ruled. Thought Emma's old music was perfect so wasn't crazy about changing that but maybe that can lead to a push. Wonder if they go to a three way now or just Alexa vs. Nia. They never really did a whole lot with Alexa/Nia being friends so that was unfortunate. About to finish watching the MYC for more great women's wrestling.

Battle royal was a really fun opener and actually not completely predictable for once. Loved Jeff getting the win and look forward to him against Miz. Jeff's 06-07 IC reigns were some of my favorites with the title. Thought the Cena/Reigns promo was epic and insane to watch unfold. Felt bad for Reigns at that pause and Cena just destroyed him for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Battle royal was a really fun opener and actually not completely predictable for once. Loved Jeff getting the win and look forward to him against Miz. Jeff's 06-07 IC reigns were some of my favorites with the title. Thought the Cena/Reigns promo was epic and insane to watch unfold. Felt bad for Reigns at that pause and Cena just destroyed him for it.

As sick as I am of Bray Wyatt I loved his battle royal appearance. It was such a mid-late 90s thing where anyone tuning in for the first time would be utterly flabbergasted like "WHAT? WHO WAS THAT GUY??? HOW DID HE DO THAT? WHY DID HE DO THAT?? WHERE DID HE GO???? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON>?????"

• Like 1

By the way, 205 Live has the WAR Six Man Team entry of Enzo, Cedric and Gran Metallik lined up.

Reminded me of the In Your House in Hershey where Barry Horowitz, Hakushi and Santa Claus (not yet revealed as Xanta) were walking around the crowd pre-show.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

By the way, 205 Live has the WAR Six Man Team entry of Enzo, Cedric and Gran Metallik lined up.

Reminded me of the In Your House in Hershey where Barry Horowitz, Hakushi and Santa Claus (not yet revealed as Xanta) were walking around the crowd pre-show.

Jinsei Shinzaki, Barry Horowitz, and Balls Mahoney would have made a great WAR trio.

• Haha 1