DVDVR Message Board

Raw is John Cena Is Good At His Job - 8/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I don't know if I like Sasha Banks, 4 Time Fluke Champion. But Nia Randy Orton-ing her was aight. 

Also, Cena... Man that promo is probably way too meta for a lot, but I thought it was A-OK! 

Have to think that once Reigns took that really look delay that segment was just made up on the fly.  I mean it has to be.  Roman would have to be the dumbest fuck in the world if he looked at that full promo backstage and thought "oh yeah I am going to look great with this"  

Welp...I saw people liking it on Twitter, but IMO that whole Cena-Reigns thing sucked. There is a tried and true way to do a shoot promo without saying "hey everybody, look at this TV show I'm on and look at this script!". That was some russo level bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Have to think that once Reigns took that really look delay that segment was just made up on the fly.  I mean it has to be.  Roman would have to be the dumbest fuck in the world if he looked at that full promo backstage and thought "oh yeah I am going to look great with this"  

Looked to me like Roman maybe forgot his lines and Cena jumped all over him for it. Was on the verge of perhaps an all-time career-defining failure of a promo but once Reigns regained his bearings he did ok. Cena still nuked him though.

Wow. Roman Reigns is fucking dead. Remember when we said that the eventual feud with Cena would destroy him because if Cena torched the Rock, then what the fuck would happen if he went at it with Reigns on the mic.

And then he did.

RIP Roman Reigns

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Count me in on thinking it was Russo level garbage. This  latest run from Cena has been so "wink wink look at me playing my character." Completely opposite of everything that made Cena so compelling. Maybe this is his shitty version of Hollywood Rock.  I don't know. Why play into the worst complaints of your shitty fans? The only  babyface this company booked well this year has been Goldberg. 

Elias was great.

Alexa is a good choice as champion and I get they have a thing that when you sub out a babyface due to an injury in a major match you do a title change but really not sure there's any sort of long-term planning with this title. 

They trust Sasha to get great matches out of people but they don't want her to run with the ball and I'll never understand why.  She has the most crossover appeal right now in the whole division.  I hate this 50/50 booking shit, it's worse in the women's division than any other division and it's happening on both RAW and SDL. 

• Like 2

The only way Reigns could have survived that was when he was talking about Cena holding onto his spot to compare him to Hogan and, I don't know Nash or someone and just call him another in a long line of old guys who don't know when to hang it up until someone kicks their ass bad enough or something. That would have at least been on the level of Cena's calling him out for literally being a failed character.

But instead he went to the last lowest trench refuge of the wounded and lost...bitch.

Just now, Craig H said:

Braun says "sup?"

I pray to God that Braun watched the death of Roman Reigns tonight and learned once and for all that it goes like this:

Growl sound music hits

Start punching whoever is talking

throw them into something

throw something on top of them

Growl music

dinner.

• Like 7

So, is there a point to Sasha winning the title again only to lose it immediately again? Nia doesn't really do much for me, so I would have preferred to see the Sasha/Alexa feud continue.

I groaned at the Bray/Balor feud continuing. The only way I wouldn't completely hate it is if it led to the Wyatt Family vs. Balor Club (Balor, Anderson, Gallows).

I hate Southpaw being brought up on Raw. Once something with a cult following gets brought up on Raw, that's usually where it gets beaten in the ground.

example: Fandangoing

Cena killed him. It doesn't make me want to see the match, or help Roman long term, but whatever. They're booking week to week "moments", so I'll watch that way. 

Speaking of... Sasha/Bliss was really good, though I'm not sure it does much for either of them. Bliss has struggled to have good matches with other opponents too, although her offense is starting to look consistently good. A better code red than ended Triplemania. (Not saying much, admittedly.)

Roman's strengths aren't 15-minute back and forth and never were.  When he was super over in The Shield he was still pretty much a silent badass or a man of a few words. That's his thing. But they never allow Roman to work like that for some fucking reason. 

Anyway, this went about as expected.   Roman against Cena on the microphone is like the Jordan Bulls vs. the NCAA champion.  

AJ Styles was able to punk Cena a bit because AJ was quick and had a cool, laidback approach and also a claim to being the greatest in-ring performer of his generation.  Cena couldn't poke holes in AJ's armor.  No matter what Cena said,  AJ was still going to be viewed as the best.  

The Miz came out fine against Cena because he's in my view superior to Cena in these long winded back and forths. Maybe the only guy on the roster who can routinely punk Cena.  Plus,  an added bonus was that Maryse is pretty damn good and Nikki is fucking atrocious. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

What was  the point in Sasha winning at SS? I dont get it. I fear for Asuka in Vince McMahons booking plans

I will chalk it up as a win if Vince learns that her name is not pronounced Ah-Zoo-Kah

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I pray to God that Braun watched the death of Roman Reigns tonight and learned once and for all that it goes like this:

Growl sound music hits

Start punching whoever is talking

throw them into something

throw something on top of them

Growl music

dinner.

Braun can handle himself well. 

After the Corbin Rumors Dena had a chip on his shoulder Roman will get another chance before the PPV , He'll show you all.

• Like 1