DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 115: Volkov vs. Struve (9/2/2017) - Rotterdam, Netherlands (Ahoy Rotterdam)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Rotterdam_Volkov_vs._Str

UFC Fight Night 115: Volkov vs. Struve 
September 2, 2017
Rotterdam, Netherlands (Ahoy Rotterdam)

Alexander Volkov (251) vs. Stefan Struve (264) - Volkov, TKO (punches), R3 (3:30)
Siyar Bahadurzada (186) vs. Rob Wilkinson (185) - Bahadurzada, TKO (punches), R2 (3:10)
Marion Reneau (135) vs. Talita Bernardo (135) - Reneau, TKO (punches), R3 (4:54)
Leon Edwards (168) vs.  Bryan Barberena (170) - Edwards, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Darren Till (170) vs. Bojan Veličković (171)  - Till, DEC (unanimous)
Mairbek Taisumov (155) vs. Felipe Silva (155) - Taisumov, KO (punch), R1 (1:24)
Michel Prazeres (159)* vs. Mads Burnell (155) - Prazeres, SUB (north-south choke), R3 (1:26)
Rustam Khabilov (156) vs. Desmond Green (155) - Khabilov, DEC (unanimous)
Francimar Barroso (204) vs. Aleksandar Rakić (205) - Rakić, DEC (unanimous)
Zabit Magomedsharipov (146) vs. Mike Santiago (145) - Magomedsharipov, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (4:22)
Bojan Mihajlović (205) vs. Abdul-Kerim Edilov (204)  - Edilov, TKO (strikes), R2 (2:32)
Andrew Holbrook (155) vs. Thibault Gouti (156) - Gouti, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:28)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night:  Zabit Magomedsharipov
Performance of the Night:  Mairbek Taisumov
Fight of the Night: Alexander Volkov vs. Stefan Struve

Attendance: 10,224
Gate: $900,000

Cancelled Fights:
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Abu Azaitar - Injury to Azaitar
Islam Makhachev vs. Michel Prazeres - Injury to Makhachev
Marcos Rogério de Lima vs. Saparbek Safarov - Lima Pulled After Potential USADA Violation
Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Nick Hein - Injury to Hein
Germaine de Randamie vs. Marion Reneau - Injury to De Randamie

41 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

I still think Till needs to cool it a bit. Sure, that would be a fun fight but I'd be happier to see him take another 1 or 2 lower level fights before trying to break into the top 10-15. 

I think it depends on whether or not Till can be forced to fight a different fighter than the lay back and then throw a quick combo. At this level, he doesn't really have to deviate from that formula. Ponzi gives him a different look at the very least even though he is a striker himself.

Leon Edwards did a good job of surviving the scare against Barberena. If Barberena had got the decision, he probably would be a good opponent for Till since he is tough and rugged. However, Edwards winning 29-28 was the right call.

Volkovmania is running wild!He can still get a title shot before the end of the year, right? Because I did predict he'd be Champion by then.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Volkovmania is running wild!He can still get a title shot before the end of the year, right? Because I did predict he'd be Champion by then.

I doubt it. Cain, Overeem, and Ngannou would all be ahead of him off the top of my head. Plus, Stipe is still in a contract dispute. If they want Stipe to fight on the Detroit card, they're probably going to have to resolve that in the next few weeks. So Volkov would need to fight to contenders between now and next fall to get a title shot.

FWIW You did hit the different announcer combination prediction. 

• Thanks 1