DVDVR Message Board

Face Turns

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Kabuki was a face when he was managed by Sunshine.

I remember that, but that turn had no ties to the Great Muta angle.  Mutoh was still working the Super Black Ninja angle in Florida at that time, right?

On 8/26/2017 at 6:07 AM, Victator said:

Herc started in the WWF with Blassie then transferred to Slick (him and Blassie had a company together) then Slick sold Herc's contract to Heenan. 

I mean he probably could have dealt with his contract being sold again. Which Heenan probably did do, but Dibiase made a mess of the transfer because he was insane.  I would think outside of golden age Hollywood or pre free agency baseball, calling someone your slave is means to dismiss a contract. 

"Managers," in kayfabe terms, made no sense to me as a kid.  A manager is someone athletes themselves hire to conduct their business affairs.  But here we saw managers firing wrestlers, selling contracts, trading them, etc.  Really, wrestling managers are more like the GM of a sports team, or maybe a pimp.

But then again, there were times when a wrestler fired a manager.  So yeah, really no logic at all.

On 8/26/2017 at 9:21 AM, The Comedian said:

I ain't gonna lie, I marked like crazy for Beefcake saving Piper...

This was a really good angle.  In the weeks leading up to it, a blinded Adonis accidentally cut Beefcake's hair during a 6 man match.   So it made sense.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:08 PM, Pete said:

Patriotic to the point where he turned heel because Dusty teaming with Nikita Koloff pissed him off that badly.

It's more layered than that.  Murdoch was pissed that Dusty needed a tag partner after Magnum's injury and rather than reunite the Texas Outlaws, he teamed with a Russian instead.  So Murdoch teamed with the Russians to show that he could do the same thing and be better.  I miss when wrestling was able to explain things because they felt they had to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1