DVDVR Message Board

Face Turns

Just like heel turns, they have to be with a measure of logic, and in a lot of cases it mostly stems from it being a guy who the fans like to begin with. But some of the best ones come from the guy who happens to be the most hated in the promotion. The one that I wanted to post footage of was when DiBiase made a face turn in Mid-South- many consider it to be the best 60 minutes in the history of the promotion. But alas, nothing. :(

But this will definitely do as a substitution- a fiery Butch Reed turning away the advances of Skandor Akbar and aligning with Hacksaw Duggan.

Look at the way Buddy Landel sold for Reed!

I forgot about Teddy "buying" Hercules. That was kind of tasteless. Couldn't he have just bought his contractual rights or something? Weird. HERCULES WILL NOT BE A SLAVE!

It's too bad A-Ri was no good in the ring and so green otherwise that was a superstar making moment. He fizzled out really fast if I remember right.

I almost categorically hate Lex Luger because of my undying admiration of Bad News Allen, but Lex going from the Narcissist to US Express Lex Luger and bodyslamming Yokozuna has to be one of the Top 10 face turns.

I honestly believe that Lex probably wouldn't have left in such a shitty and unprofessional manner if Vince had booked him to beat Yoko for the World title or booked Lex and Davey Boy to win the tag belts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I almost categorically hate Lex Luger because of my undying admiration of Bad News Allen, but Lex going from the Narcissist to US Express Lex Luger and bodyslamming Yokozuna has to be one of the Top 10 face turns.

Then, this should be high on your list too. If you can turn the Stomper face, ...

• Like 3

I fully supported the asswhpping of racist Archie Golding's kayfabe son.  I almost posted that angle in the Justifying Heel Actions thread.

How could you not believe what Bad News claimed happened after Gouldie refers to Bad News as "boy" in what is supposed to be a baby face promo?.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

I forgot about Teddy "buying" Hercules. That was kind of tasteless. Couldn't he have just bought his contractual rights or something? Weird. HERCULES WILL NOT BE A SLAVE!

Kind of tasteless? Yeah, I'd say so.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Nothing better than Dusty commentating his face turn.

Numerous gems from Dusty in there. Calling Pak Song a "Korean honky" and "honky Gary Hart with flat feet, semi-professional wino from Chicago" stand out. He didn't even think enough of Gary Hart to consider him a professional wino.