DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is GLORIOUS!!!! - August 22, 2017

Dewar

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bobby Roode!!!!!!

Although babyface Roode is not the best idea. He's the perfect heel. He should weasel the US title off AJ asap and hold it until they're ready for a new heel WWE champ to take out whoever gets the transitional reign after they finally punt on Mahal.

Then he should basically hold it forever.

He had to start as a babyface, cuz there's no way the crowd (especially the post-PPV smark-heavy crowd in Brooklyn) would boo him.  I imagine it will be something like Styles' tangent, keep him face for a couple months, then as the novelty wears off, transition him to heel.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shelton being in Suzuki-Gun has to be the weirdest foreigner in a Japanese stable, right? Is there any more of a square peg in a round hole than that? 

I know it was only a one shot deal, but Jeff Jarrett in Bullet Club.

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

I agree, Lana was veering into a brogue there. But I dig her turning Tamina into her distaff Rusev. They'd make a cute couple.

Why exclude Rusev? Put the three together and call them Ménages à Trois.

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

It must only mean that Shelton is a sick evil mother fucker also

We'll see it when he turns on Gable.

It's nice to see Daniel Bryan isn't a completely inept GM. Getting Shelton Benjamin for letting Jason Jordan go to Raw is a pretty good trade off.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We'll see it when he turns on Gable.

It's nice to see Daniel Bryan isn't a completely inept GM. Getting Shelton Benjamin for letting Jason Jordan go to Raw is a pretty good trade off.

"Well, we lost a top young prospect and broke up our top NXT draft pick but at least we signed this 42-year-old guy fresh off of shoulder surgery." 

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2017 at 10:14 PM, L_W_P said:

Wasnt Shelton heading to SDL anyway? The promos werent acting like he was a free agent up for grabs, he was signed to SDL.

Bryan traded Jason Jordan for nothing.

Well, if American Alpha was going to break up regardless, Jason Jordan for nothing is still a good deal.

I remember a podcast where someone asked Shelton about Brock and Shelton replied something along the lines of "Well, I know Brock's mama and if things got out of hand I could just call her" Which leads me to wonder: how scary is Brock's mom?

Edit: I remember now it was Jericho's podcast and he asked how Shelton would do in a shoot wrestling match or something.

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

I remember a podcast where someone asked Shelton about Brock and Shelton replied something along the lines of "Well, I know Brock's mama and if things got out of hand I could just call her" Which leads me to wonder: how scary is Brock's mom?

Edit: I remember now it was Jericho's podcast and he asked how Shelton would do in a shoot wrestling match or something.

I'm picturing Mrs. Lesnar looking like Brock with an Edith Bunker haircut.