DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/19/17 - 11/2/17

This is the end of the taping cycle but is supposed to take it to November 2 so these are  all over the place.

*Taped for Xplosion: James Storm def. Chris Adonis after the Last Call
*Taped for Xplosion: Rosemary def. Ava Storie after the Red Wedding
*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Caleb Konley with the Sky High
*Taped for Xplosion: Ethan Carter III def. Suicide after the ECD
*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Trevor Lee with the Sky High

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing October 19, 2017 - November 2, 2017 from Orlando, FL

October 19, 2017

*Johnny Impact def. Chris Adonis after the Countdown to Impact. After the match, Eli Drake came out to attack but Johnny catches him. Johnny rips off Eli's pants and whips him with his belt. Adonis makes the save and they double team Johnny until Garza Jr. runs out with a chair for the save.

*(Aired from AAA 9/23 Tapings) Texano def. Ethan Carter III, El Hijo del Fantasma, Eddie Edwards, & James Storm via pinfall on EC3

*Dezmond Xavier def. Andrew Everett (w/ Caleb Konley & Trevor Lee) after the back handspring pele kick

*Joseph Park's in-ring trial. Park admits to stealing from Grado but he has his VISA. Park suggests a match at Bound for Glory, if Grado wins he stays but if he loses he leaves. Grado signs the contract then Park reveals it's for a Monster's Ball match against Abyss.

*(Aired from The Crash 10/5 Tapings): oVe def. Black Diamond & Black Danger to retain the tag team titles

*Jeremy Borash in ring to talk about Bound for Glory. American Top Team interrupt and shove JB down. They came as a favor to Jeff Jarrett and watched Lashley waste his MMA potential. Dan Lambert talked about being the biggest wrestling fan and having a collection including the original AWA title. Lambert declares he loves wrestling but wants Lashley & King Mo to destroy it. They set up and announce Lashley & King Mo vs. Moose & Stephan Bonnar at Bound for Glory. Bonnar & Moose come out but Lashley attacks them from behind. ATT beat them down and Lashley spears both. Security, Mahabali Shera, Caleb Konley, & Andrew Everett try to break it up but all get laid out.

*Taya def. Rosemary after a northern lights suplex into a double stomp. After the match, Rosemary mists Taya and says she wants her at Bound for Glory.

---

October 26, 2017

*(Aired from AAA 9/4 Tapings): Ethan Carter III & James Storm def. El Hijo del Fantasma & Texano when Storm pinned Fantasma after the Last Call

*(Aired joined in progress from Border City Wrestling 10/14 Tapings): oVe def. Phil Atlas & Brent Banks to retain the tag team titles

*(Aired in clipped form from Pro Wrestling NOAH 10/1): Eddie Edwards def. Naomichi Marufuji to retain the GHC Title after the Die Hard Flowsion

*(Aired from Border City Wrestling 10/14 Tapings): Petey Williams def. Idris Abrhama, TARIK, & Kaito Kiyomia after the Canadian Destroyer on TARIK

*Johnny Impact & Garza Jr. def. Eli Drake & Chris Adonis when Johnny pinned Adonis with a rollup.

*(Aired from The Crash Lucha in Tijuana): Trevor Lee def. Ultimo Ninja to retain the X Division Championship

*Moose (w/ Stephan Bonnar) def. Lashley (w/ Dan Lambert) via DQ when Lambert hit Moose with a trophy. After the match, they brawl until the rest of America's Top Team comes out but Moose runs them off with a steel chair. Moose & Stephan Bonnar vs. Lashley & King Mo at Bound for Glory will now be a Steel Cage Match.

----

November 2, 2017

*(Aired from Border City Wrestling 10/14 Tapings): Allie & Rosemary def. Sienna & KC Spinelli when Allie pinned Sienna

*Lashley, Dan Lambert, and the rest of American Top Team come out for a promo. Lambert bashes wrestling and says he's going to put this company out of business. Moose & Bonnar have accepted the challenge of Lashley & King Mo. Lambert calls out Jeff Jarrett, saying his family's run in this business is over at BFG.

*(Aired from Pro Wrestling NOAH 10/1): Moose & Yuji Okabayashi def. Masa Kitamiya & Katsuhiko Nakajima

*Dezmond Xavier def. Trevor Lee (w/ Caleb Konely & Andrew Everett), Petey Williams, Matt Sydal, Sonjay Dutt, & Garza Jr. in a non title six way match.

*Jeremy Borash introduces Gail Kim to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the knockouts division and Gail becoming the first champion. Gail talks about this year being her final Bound for Glory. Gail says she will bring the title back to where it started, around her waist.

*Johnny Impact & OvE def. Eli Drake & LAX (w/ Chris Adonis) when Johnny pinned Santana with a sunset flip. After the match, OvE & LAX brawl to the back while Eli & Adonis expose the boards under the ring mat. Eli hits the Gravy Train on Johnny on the exposed boards. Eli stands tall over Johnny to end the show.

Pretty fun show. Cool that Rosemary/Taya got to headline the show, loving their feud. Lambert went on forever but the chaos in the end was entertaining. They referred to Everett as a former X champ, guess JB also forgot his chase went nowhere. Actually enjoyed the Grado/Park seg, and the scene afterwards was amusing. Last year's Grado/Abyss monsters ball was a solid match so I think it'll turn out to be a fun hardcore brawl at BFG. Disappointed that Taryn is out of BFG, she's always a highlight and I hope she's not gone again.

That really sucks, I always liked Taryn.  In her previous run she gave a shit and had a great feud with Gail.  This time around I didn't see her wrestle much but was glad she was around (and not just for her looks either, though that's obvious)  She was really good at going all Dollhouse in her previous and current run.  But if it's for religious reasons then I can see where it was time for her to go.

• Like 1

So based on the news that the Edwards/Marufuji match is also airing this Sunday - that means they are going to be airing two different matches from two different promotions on their show

On 10/23/2017 at 6:42 PM, RIPPA said:

So based on the news that the Edwards/Marufuji match is also airing this Sunday - that means they are going to be airing two different matches from two different promotions on their show

There was a Triple A and a Crash match on last week's as well.

I enjoyed the 10/26 episode, I can dig GFW more as sort of a mixtape of different promotions, kinda cool that they showed matches from 5 different shows.  Might have been one of the best shows in the GFW era since the Hardys left.  Main complaint would be they chopped up the GHC Edwards/Marufuji match all to hell and really downplayed what looked like an epic match.  I would have much rather cut out a Border City match and give the GHC match a 2nd hour slot and 20-25 mins, no one gives a shit about Petey Williams anymore Scott D`Amore.  I know the Lucha style works much better with what they're trying to do with a bunch of short 5-10 min matches, so I can kind of understand what they're going for.  But seriously, diversify your product with one full puro style title match, if you're going to do it at all do it right.  The stuff w Trevor Lee was hilarious, he was great w the looking for the promoter bit.  And Dan Lambert really is the biggest mark i've ever seen w all his belts and "I'm a bigger fan than ANYONE!"  :lol:

• Like 1

Impact should be like this every week. I know they lost the name, but having GFW be more like the old nwa but more worldwide, and Impact being a showcase for all these companies, with just a couple Impact Zone segments... Could save a lot of money too.

• Like 1

This episode felt like early 2000's tape trading where someone sent me a comp with random indy, TNA, Lucha and Noah matches. Was a fun format and I wouldn't be disappointed if they used this format more often.

Marufuji / Eddie looked great in clip form.  Seemed like a real Noah throwback style match.

Trevor Lee in TJ was a great segment "Nacho Libre? Yeah I seen that movie, good movie"

Theres an upside to Impact buried away in amongst all the nonsense.  If they could just manage 12 months where nothing stupid happens backstage they would be in such a better place.

• Like 1

If only I hadn't used my vacation for the year, I'd have gone home to visit my dad and check out some Impact.

I don't expect there to be great attendance. Ottawa is not a big sports/entertainment town. Lots of public servants and government workers.

Kinda odd they ran the 6 way X Division match just to do it again at BFG. Thought they were going to make the BFG match into ultimate X to change it up. Looking forward to BFG a lot, pretty solid card put together with some great buildups.

The show was good, enjoyed the NOAH match along with the women's tag match.  I will say though that they finally had a video package that looked major league (by Impact standards) for Rosemary/Taya.  That shit was well-done.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The show was good, enjoyed the NOAH match along with the women's tag match.  I will say though that they finally had a video package that looked major league (by Impact standards) for Rosemary/Taya.  That shit was well-done.

Yeah, that pre-match hype vignette was pretty rad.

• Like 1