DVDVR Message Board

2017 NCAAF: WEEK 1

Dolfan in NYC

I forgot that I missed these weekly ranking GIFs.

I'm going to look forward to the kickoff classic next year in Atlanta when I'm not having to pay what Bammers and Free Shoes U are paying for their game on the secondary market. $300 for the top of the nosebleeds for what will be a sloppy week 1 game isn't worth it.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

If FSU's OL plays like they did last year Deondre Francois won't make it thru the Bama game let alone the season.

Outside of 2012 & 13 (and the second half of 2014 after Erving moved to center) Trickett's lines have been horrendous.  There are 4 coaches that aren't FSU caliber coaches, imo.  Would like to see an upgrade for Dawsey, Miller, Trickett and Kelly.  Ideal world, get a DC that is a DB coach, familiar with patern matching, move Kelly back to LB coach and bring in a younger WR coach. Trickett needed to be gone 6 years ago...  End rant

50 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I forgot that I missed these weekly ranking GIFs.

I'm going to look forward to the kickoff classic next year in Atlanta when I'm not having to pay what Bammers and Free Shoes U are paying for their game on the secondary market. $300 for the top of the nosebleeds for what will be a sloppy week 1 game isn't worth it.

I'm in the lower level for $225.  Of course, that doesn't include booster fees, but that's the same for any game.

Btw, prices should drop even more.  Neither FSU or Bama released seat locations until late last week, which made it impossible to list on StubHub, ect before then.  You can get lower level for $350 by the end of the week, maybe even less by early next.

21 minutes ago, iowanole said:

Outside of 2012 & 13 (and the second half of 2014 after Erving moved to center) Trickett's lines have been horrendous.  There are 4 coaches that aren't FSU caliber coaches, imo.  Would like to see an upgrade for Dawsey, Miller, Trickett and Kelly.  Ideal world, get a DC that is a DB coach, familiar with patern matching, move Kelly back to LB coach and bring in a younger WR coach. Trickett needed to be gone 6 years ago...  End rant

Yeah Trickett annoys me to no end the thing he teaches I hate the most is the if a DLineman jumps the whole O-line freezes so the QB trys to get a free play while trying not to die with 4 or 5 free rushers running at him. 

18 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yeah Trickett annoys me to no end the thing he teaches I hate the most is the if a DLineman jumps the whole O-line freezes so the QB trys to get a free play while trying not to die with 4 or 5 free rushers running at him. 

Thank God he hasn't done that for a few years, but the way that Eberle blocked (or didn't block), you would assume he still does!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iowanole said:

I'm in the lower level for $225.  Of course, that doesn't include booster fees, but that's the same for any game.

Btw, prices should drop even more.  Neither FSU or Bama released seat locations until late last week, which made it impossible to list on StubHub, ect before then.  You can get lower level for $350 by the end of the week, maybe even less by early next.

Yeah, I didn't factor that in. I'm around some tickets for Bama games that I sparingly get access to for like my wife and family, and I think we got our season tickets in around the end of last week.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Yeah, I didn't factor that in. I'm around some tickets for Bama games that I sparingly get access to for like my wife and family, and I think we got our season tickets in around the end of last week.

Yep.  Just got season tickets yesterday as well.

7 hours ago, iowanole said:

Thank God he hasn't done that for a few years, but the way that Eberle blocked (or didn't block), you would assume he still does!

I think he stopped doing that when if the line did it his toothpick of a son playing QB would have been on the receiving end. 

IIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT'S TIIIIIIMMMMMMMME.

GET IN HERE WITH YOUR PLAYOFF PICKS, ETC. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

I GOT I GOT I GOT I GOT:

Alabama

Ohio State

FSU

Oklahoma State

I'm not outhinking the room this year.  It's highly unlikely Bama runs the regular season undefeated again (they may not even make it through Week 1), but even with a loss, I don't see anyone else in the SEC ready to rise up and take their spot.  Ohio State is just worlds more talented than everybody else in the B1G this year, and they've got a real OC again who won't squander all that talent, as they have the past 2 seasons.  The ACC looks REAL competitive, but FSU looks like the pick.  Clemson's September schedule would be difficult to navigate even if they had DeShaun Watson at QB...and they don't.

I do like Oklahoma State to steal the Big 12 from an Oklahoma team that's talented enough to make the playoffs, but obviously has a lot of question marks after the sudden retirement of Bob Stoops.  Their schedule is preposterously easy, so they'll likely have to go undefeated to get a playoff berth, but they're LOADED on offense, and I think they can get it done.

I see USC/Stanford/Washington cannibalizing each other in the Pac-12 and keeping the conference out of the playoffs.  Probably Stanford wins it.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, that was short lived hope for a massive season opening upset.

Indiana's offensive tempo killed them on defense. Plus Ohio State was moving the ball, they just weren't finishing in the first half.

It was about 2 quarters more than I expected to watch. (I figured I'd catch about half a quarter of Ohio State blowing them out).

A decade ago, and keeping an open mind to my faulty memory, you had national title winning coaches at Michigan (Lloyd Carr), Ohio State (Jim Tresel), Penn State (Speak No Evil), USC (Pete Carroll), Oklahoma (Bob Stoops), Texas (Mack Brown), Florida State (Bobby Bowden), Florida (Urban Myer), just hired at Alabama (Nick Saban), and about to be one at LSU (Les Miles). Carr would retire at the end of the season, so we didn't get a season with all ten, but we had nine.

Right now, we have Saban still at Bama, Myer at Ohio State, then we've added Jimbo Fischer at Florida State and Soybean Wind at Clemson (in between we briefly had Gene Chizik... Stop laughing EVA)

That's kinda an amazing drop off. A lot of it, of course, is that Meyer and especially Saban have all but monopolized the title, but still.

And nobody is further west than Alabama.