DVDVR Message Board

RAW is fuck you Brooklyn. - 8/21/2017

Rev Ray

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't want to tell WWE how to do their business but wouldn't a WrestleMania featuring 

Braun vs. Lesnar 

Cena vs. Reigns 

possibly...    Nakamura vs. AJ Styles  be what's best for business??? 

Yeah, here we all were last night just SALIVATING at a potentially awesome WM main event for a change....but no, fuck letting it build, let's just do it now.

• Like 1

About the main event beach ball: apparently during the commercial, Miz cut a promo on the crowd about the balls, and that only served to rile them.  Which is the problem with WWE.  They encourage this behavior by acknowledging it on TV/WWE Network, but then get fussy if it doesn't go the way they want.  You can't control this sort of thing.  Tell commentary/wrestlers to ignore it  and throw out the ballers.

It probably didn't help that Cena had clearly smoked a nice bowl before coming out tonight.  That's the goofiest he's ever acted.

Similar thing with Miz's promo, though that was clearly planned.  Don't think otherwise.   WWE went into that situation knowing they were throwing red meat to the lions.

Cena likely gets Joe and Reigns squares off with Miz for a couple of fresh lineups.

Gotta feel bad for Cass.  Enzo's heat got even hotter, and I didn't think that was possible.  The only thing saving him is he still gets a reaction, but expect Vince to snuff that out for good soon.  Seems like everyone is tired of Enzo's shtick not actually being a shtick.

Emma is getting buried deeper than Corbin and Rusev combined.  That's a feat.

The tag match was good.  The cruiser match was solid, but no one cared. If they turn Jordan in a preppy collegiate serial killer type, they have something.

31 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Similar thing with Miz's promo, though that was clearly planned.  Don't think otherwise.   WWE went into that situation knowing they were throwing red meat to the lions.

I dunno.  This is the same company that was convinced the crowd would eventually side with Reigns over Strowman throughout much of 2017.  I think they genuinely thought the crowd would boo Miz and cheer Reigns/Cena.

11 minutes ago, caley said:

I dunno.  This is the same company that was convinced the crowd would eventually side with Reigns over Strowman throughout much of 2017.  I think they genuinely thought the crowd would boo Miz and cheer Reigns/Cena.

Eh, the writing was on the wall when Miz got cheered over Cena at WM, where we knew Cena was going to propose to Nikki.  Brooklyn was going to cheer Miz and Bo Dallas' jacket.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

Yeah, here we all were last night just SALIVATING at a potentially awesome WM main event for a change....but no, fuck letting it build, let's just do it now.

Unless Lesnar isn't going to be around for Mania or he wants another UFC payday and he's going to do a safe Mania match so we'll get Lesnar/Corbin at Mania so the match can be acceptably boring but we get Brock/Braun at No Mercy because Brock is more willing to do a physical match in October that he won't be willing to do in March/April

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't want to tell WWE how to do their business but wouldn't a WrestleMania featuring 

Braun vs. Lesnar 

Cena vs. Reigns 

possibly...    Nakamura vs. AJ Styles  be what's best for business??? 

This. WWE does this unfortunately.

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

And there was a crutch right there at his feet.  Maybe, instead of calling him a "big baby" while he's under obvious duress, the background child could have pointed that out.

if Enzo wasn't in enough trouble (although the injury was not his fault), his twitter rant kind of in character about how Big Cass was a quitter and didn't have enough to finish isn't going to help.  Eventually he calmed it down and said that he didn't want to win that way but it was impossible to like Enzo reading that.   As if it is possible to like him based on the last 3 months.

This could be a blessing in disguise for Cass. I was just thinking back to the (worked) knee injury Cena got at the hands of Lesnar waaaaay back when, and how it led to him coming back with more intensity and even naming the F-U.

And let's not forget the RNN updates on Orton's shoulder, which was probably the best Randy Orton has ever been.

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Emma is getting buried deeper than Corbin and Rusev combined.  That's a feat.

Emma is at least salvageable because they haven't taken her THAT seriously yet. But Goddamnnn!!! Rusev???!!!!  Really???!!! Well at least he plans on making sure we remember him by the greatest RKO bump ever!!!

10 hours ago, just drew said:

Yeah, seconded on Cass and Jordan. It takes a special kind of idiot to turn a moneymaking act like Enzo & Cass into two DOA singles stars. And Jason Jordan? Really? I see the talent, but I don't know that I can think of anyone less ready to get the push he's getting at the time h's getting it. Maybe Sheamus' first run.

Vince can't help himself.  Give him the most talented smaller guy in the world and a mediocre big guy and he'll take the shitty hoss every single time.

As someone who stopped watching WWE and only keeps up with it via podcasts and this forum for schadenfreude reasons, it does my heart good to see them step on their own dicks over and over again.  Jesus Christ Himself could return and express an interest in pro wrestling, and Vince would have Him going 50/50 with Bray Wyatt in a month and wondering why the Son of God was so overrated and can't get over on the big stage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have to talk about how much I hated that Sasha promo. She was practically begging the audience not to boo her, went the cheap route of bringing up Ric Flair's health, and then went full Dolph Ziggler bragging about "stealing the show" in matches she lost. They really can't book baby faces anymore. It's only a matter of time before Vince realizes Braun is a face, and starts having him tell corny jokes and going 50/50 in his feuds.

• Like 1