DVDVR Message Board

RAW is fuck you Brooklyn. - 8/21/2017

Rev Ray

Crowd was pretty into things in a fairly good way for the first half or so of the show; the second half pretty much the opposite of that.  Might be the fault of the way Raw was laid out, might just be that after a seemingly 17 hour show last night plus a number of them seeing NXT the night before that they just had their fill.

...Might have been the wrong crowd to run the first Roman/Cena deal in front of regardless.

• Like 2

Braun/Brock was a nice segment, and I'm pleased we are getting them one on one at No Mercy.

Kind of surprised they aren't saving Cena vs. Roman for a bigger ppv.

Hardys vs. Rollins/Dean was solid

Balor/Jordan was really good and wasted on this audience.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Kind of surprised they aren't saving Cena vs. Roman for a bigger ppv

No Mercy: Miz vs. Cena  and Joe vs. Roman

Survivor Series: Team RAW led by Roman vs. Team SDL led by Cena

Royal Rumble: Cena wins the Rumble, Roman beats Brock

WrestleMania: Roman vs. Cena - WWE Universal Title

It seems they are waiting for a bigger PPV

• Like 1

This is going to be a fun thread.

Braun/Brock was fun to open the show. I'm looking foward to them throwing bombs at each other for ten minutes.

I enjoyed Rollins/Ambrose vs. The Hardy's. 

The cruiserweight match was fun for what it was, but that division is dead in the water. I cringed watching Tony Nese bounce off Cedric's knees on the lumbar check.

Cass and Jason Jordan are screwed. Splitting Enzo & Cass and American Alpha was a bad idea.

I'm not sure where Joe goes from here. He probably fits better on Smackdown than Raw. 

• Like 1

I can't imagine paying all that money for tickets to a wrestling show, then spend the majority of the main event watching and chanting for a fucking beachball.  

I would have loved to have watched the Cena-Reigns-Miz deal backstage.  "So they're gonna boo Cena, then they'll boo Reigns, but when Miz comes out and starts complaining, they'll boo Miz and cheer for Reigns and Cena"   Fast forward a few hours later: "You Deserve it!"  "This is not going the way we planned..."

• Like 1

Yeah, seconded on Cass and Jordan. It takes a special kind of idiot to turn a moneymaking act like Enzo & Cass into two DOA singles stars. And Jason Jordan? Really? I see the talent, but I don't know that I can think of anyone less ready to get the push he's getting at the time h's getting it. Maybe Sheamus' first run.

• Like 1

I wonder if Cena is even coming back after this next stint? Not doing Cena/Roman at Mania and doing it at a random Raw PPV would be incredibly dumb, even for WWE. Braun/Lesnar I can see doing at No Mercy because you never know about Brock.

Watching Jordan/Cass is just sad. Both guys were dead in the water in developmental until Enzo and Gable started teaming with them. Now, the same thing is happening on the main roster.

7 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

At least Jordan's new remixed theme song was better.

Still sounds like a menu theme for a nes wrestling game.

Unfortunately it seemed like cena was commending the crowd for being assholes.

Also, why on God's green earth would you let the Miz go out there and say those things, knowing the live audience is gonna take a giant steaming shit on your two biggest stars? Miz isn't wrong, fwiw, but why would you greenlight that?

• Like 2

Just now, just drew said:

Also, why on God's green earth would you let the Miz go out there and say those things, knowing the live audience is gonna take a giant steaming shit on your two biggest stars? Miz isn't wrong, fwiw, but why would you greenlight that?

Because you believe that Miz is a bigger heel than Roman and Cena is to the crowd and that he'll get major heat for breaking up the "dream match" of Cena/Reigns

Just now, Brysynner said:

Because you believe that Miz is a bigger heel than Roman and Cena is to the crowd and that he'll get major heat for breaking up the "dream match" of Cena/Reigns

I mean, what kind of out of touch old goo.....ah. Got it. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, just drew said:

WWE was asking for it. If the old man at the top and his yes men are that deaf to how their audience feels about Reigns and Cena, then they 100% deserve that kind of reaction.

• Like 3

Maybe they could have gotten the desired reaction in Memphis next week, but it was a bad idea to expect that in Brooklyn. New York/New Jersey/Philly isn't the right area for that and the crowds will always let them know.

Whether the reaction was right or wrong I couldn't care less about. That was one of the best entrances/interruptions and promos I've ever seen just in terms of performance and delivery.

I think it topped the Talking Smack promo in terms of intensity and cohesiveness and passion. And damn, Miz looked like a B-level Moriarty.

Also note to creative: Braun's promo at the opening of the show was perfect. There should be more just like that.