DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/12/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Trevor Lee def. Suicide via pinfall holding the ropes
*Taped for Xplosion: Ethan Carter III def. Moose via rollup with tights pulled.

*GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing October 12, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*LAX call out OvE, they want their rematch. OvE tells them to name their match and they got it. Konnan wants a 5150 Street Fight. OvE are not afraid of anything, they've got it. Diamante says 5150 means all of them. They get into a brawl with LAX laying out OvE.  LAX vs. OvE in a 5150 Street Fight takes place at BFG.

*Rosemary def. Hannah Harper after the Red Wedding. After the match, Rosemary calls out Taya. Rosemary goes to mist Taya but Taya mists her instead then lays her out with a facebuster.

*Taryn Terrell came to the ring for a promo. Taryn says now that she has her title shot, she can set her sights on something personal: Gail Kim. Gail comes out and says Taryn has nothing to worry about, she's here to talk. She says mind games won't work with her and karma will slap her before she does. Gail slaps Taryn and sends her from the ring.

*James Storm, Allie, & Dezmond Xavier def. Texano, Sienna, & Caleb Konley (w/ KM & Trevor Lee)

*Johnny Impact def. Garza Jr. with a rollup reversal to become #1 contender for the GFW World Championship at Bound for Glory. After the match, Jim Cornette comes out to officially announce Johnny as #1 contender. Chris Adonis interrupts and breaks a wooden board over Johnny.

I’m hoping the creative gets better. Say what you about Gaburick but I think he did a good job of focusing on character development and building new stars. The stories now are so basic and guys are being thrown out in tv with zero build or reason to care. 

I do appreciate that Nordholm is trying to get at least a little bit of revenue coming in with the GWN and taking the tapings out of Orlando.

The one thing I don't understand is, why are the team called Ohio Versus Everything babyfaces in Florida? Surely Floridians should realise that they're not in Ohio I mean there's two Miamis and everything, but still. The tag division is kind of a mess anyway, because LAX were over as faces when they were calling out 'fans' for waving American flags and feuding with VOW. Because all tag teams must have a three initial name apparently.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

The one thing I don't understand is, why are the team called Ohio Versus Everything babyfaces in Florida? Surely Floridians should realise that they're not in Ohio I mean there's two Miamis and everything, but still. The tag division is kind of a mess anyway, because LAX were over as faces when they were calling out 'fans' for waving American flags and feuding with VOW. Because all tag teams must have a three initial name apparently.

Lots of us go to Florida when we're on vacation or it's time to retire.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Pluto TV had this on and I couldn't resist:

The short lived Global Force era of Impact. Nice to see the 6 sided ring again, I'm a big proponent of the 6 sided ring it does set them apart from other promotions immediately you know you're watching TNA. Jim Cornette is the Authority Figure I could do without that.

Konnan said LAX was as serious as a late period and that they were the blue pill of wrestling that way they always stay hard. Absolutely hilarious in how ridiculous it is. The Crist brothers in tights is jarring use to them in whatever punk rock gear they wear now. And one's blonde that was unexpected. Why did they get rid of Diamante? Second time I'm seeing her with LAX, the first time was at the Impact vs LU show from New Orleans. You know Jarretts back in charge cuz the segment ended with A Crist getting hiptossed out of the ring and through a table.

I really dug the NOAH stuff, Eddie Edwards career began in NOAH so it's nice to see him not only become GHC Champion, I know this is over two years ago but it's the first time i've ever seen it, but Impact making a big deal of the title run is cool. They came back to it throughout the program which i thought was cool multi segments means they give a fuck at least for the week. Eli Drake defended the Impact or Global Force Championship in Japan thats cool makes it a true World Championship. They didn't really show much from the match though it was mostly just a promo in the locker room from Drake about retaining at Bound For Glory I can live with that. Eddie Edwards on the other hand they emphasized the importance of being the first foreigner to hold the GHC championship and they showed footage of his match with Marufugi, from what they showed it was a badass match. This was right before Eddie snapped I think he's still a straight laced wrestler. Garza Jr was at that NOAH show too. I learned something today Garza Jr is Hector Garza's cousin I thought he was his son. Silly me.

Bobby Lashley and Moose are feuding. Lashley has a chip on his shoulder, he feels under-appreciated. Moose could give a fuck he just wants Lashley to shut up and he's gonna shut him up. The video package was really well done. Brings you up to speed if you have no idea whats going on in a few minutes. Thats how video packages should work. The MMA vs Pro Wrestling stuff idk i'm always leery of Pro Wrestling vs other combat sports angle because it's really easy to present and expose wrestling as "fake fighting" if not careful.

How long has Rosemary been in Impact? Crowd is hot for her. Get the IMPACT Zone that hot is an accomplishment in and of itself. Good for her. Match was fast she makes quick work of the other lady. Crowd didn't care they seemed happy to see her. Rosemary was feuding with Taya back then so yeah these two have a long and complicated victory, I'm watching this war in reverse. Taya's Queen of Hearts get up is pretty cool looking. Seems like this is just the beginning of the feud. Taya sprayed mist in the face of rosemary which Rosemary sold like acid. 

I remember Tayrn Terrell when she was the Knockouts ref. Shows you how long it's been since I followed TNA with any regularity. I like the tutu it's kind of silly but with the obnoxious mean girl promo she cut the tutu works. Lashley and Gail Kim were married in storyline? Gail Kim kicks the shit outta Terrell I'll tell you that. They do not like each other thats what i gathered.

Allysin Kay was in TNA huh? She was Knockouts Champion at the time. Caleb Conley's here too. NWA represent!

I don't know if this was an error on Pluto or on the original broadcast but they replayed the Rosemary-Taya segment. So i watched that twice. Taya then cut a promo backstage so maybe they meant to replay the segment. Cornette (via pre tape) announces Taya vs Rosemary for the next week so maybe it wasn't a fuck up.

The 6 person tag match was cool. An intergender 6 person tag in a 6 sided ring only enforces my theory that TNA is the AAA of America all this needed was a couple minis and some blood and it would have fit on a AAA Card. Allie is super over but how can you not like her with her bubbly personality. Wish Storm and Texano had a singles match I thought they had good chemistry. Pre Rascals Desmond Xavier and Caleb Conley were cool too and Kay and Allie seemed to have unfinished business throughout. Crazy how fast times flies two and a half years later Allie's in AEW, Storm Conley and Kay are in NWA, Trevor Lee is in the WWE, KM is goner from Impact, Texano is back in AAA, Desmond Wolf is the only one still in Impact.

So what was that Global Forged stuff with Jon Bolen at his wrestling school? Anything become of that?

I forgot LAX had a clubhouse but I dug that, Homicide is returning at Bound For Glory so thats a plus.

Johnny Impact and Garza Jr have also both left for the WWE. But here they are battling to face Eli Drake for the World Title at Bound For Glory.  This was high flying as to be expected Impact did his parkour stuff which was cool.  Garza is gonan be somebody in this business dude is really good. This was my first time seeing hima nd he didn't disappoint. Impact hit a standing spanish fly 2 1/2 years before Will Ospreay but i still gotta give it to Ospreay. I was rooting for Garza I see why they went with Im pact but I may have pulled the trigger and ran Drake vs Garza Jr at BFG. But I see why they went with Impact he had the name value. 

B-Movie time as Moose and Stephen Bonner of TUF fame park in handicap spot and walk into America's Top Team's gym with led pipes. No one is there but they did destroy property set to a rap soundtrack. They steal belts and socks and shit. I know Moose is suppose to be the heel but from what I've seen he's kind of the face. Lashley cried about wrestling Moose at Triplemania then they kicke dhim out of the gym after stomping him out. Lashley and his boys had this coming.

This felt like an IMPACT! of the old, there was only 3 matches in 2 hours with 1 being a squash. Tons and Tons of angles. Jeff Jarrett definitely was involved.  

• Like 1

A couple things from this episode:

I'm pretty sure Diamante got hurt after this set of tapings so she disappeared from LAX, by the time she recovered, she made another appearance in some clubhouse segments, then got hurt again and that was it for her in Impact.

Moose was the face in the feud with Lashley since the ATT guys didn't "respect" pro wrestling. This was a pretty extended feud since James Storm got involved on his way out of the promotion and eventually Lashley turned back face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1