DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/5/17

*Taped for Xplosion: James Storm def. Caleb Konley (w/ Andrew Everett) after the Last Call

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing October 5, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Eli Drake & Chris Adonis come out celebrating Eli's victory over Johnny Impact at Victory Road. Eli says Johnny isn't here tonight and isn't coming back. Eli says he has the night off so it's a celebration for the ladies while Adonis will have a match.

*Chris Adonis def. Garza Jr. via DQ when Johnny Impact interfered and attacked Adonis. Garza Jr. is upset and brawls with Johnny. Jim Cornette comes out to announce Johnny Impact vs. Garza Jr. next week with the winner challenging Eli Drake in the main event of Bound for Glory. Johnny & Garza go at it again until they are separated.

*OvE (Dave & Jake Crist) def. Jon Bolen & Trey Miguel

*Sienna comes out to discuss her Bound for Glory plans. Sienna wants to be the Hall of Fame inductee. Gail Kim interrupts and wants her rematch at BFG. Taryn Terrell interrupts and says Gail has never beat her. Allie comes out and says she's been working hard so she deserves a title shot. Karen Jarrett comes out and announces at Bound for Glory, Sienna will defend against Gail Kim, Taryn Terrell, and Allie in a four way.

*Sonjay Dutt, Matt Sydal, & Petey Williams def. Trevor Lee, Caleb Konley, & Andrew Everett when Sydal pinned Everett. After the match, Sonjay challenges Trevor Lee for Bound for Glory. Petey says the shot is his but Sydal says the shot is his so they end up arguing.

*El Hijo del Fantasma & Texano def. Ethan Carter III & James Storm after interference from Pagano.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, kafkonia said:

"The match you thought was against me is actually against... me wearing a mask!"

:o

The bright spot being that if Abyss is in the match, Joseph Park cannot announce that he is a special guest referee.

The piped in crowd head during the OVE match was hilarious. As the match was going on, the only person cheering was some Crist relative that goes to all the shows they are on. After the match, the head machine is turned on but no one in the crowd is moving.

Think I'm going to stop watching this show till after BFG cause it's just so stale and bland. Crowd doesn't care and I can understand the wrestlers going through the motions cause they taped like 100 shows in 2 weeks. I hope when they move to Canada, they get some spark. Anything is better than these Universal shows.

• Like 1

Not a ton on this show but the matches were solid and the main event got a lot of time. Enjoying Eli Drake as champ and wish the BFG build didn't feel so certain that he's losing it there. Taryn was hilarious on the mic in the women's seg, though odd that Taya gets left out after saying she wanted the title a few weeks ago. Disappointing that there was seemingly no acknowledgement of or segment to explain Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee teaming again, really enjoyed Everett chasing Lee for the title earlier in the year.

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Not a ton on this show but the matches were solid and the main event got a lot of time. Enjoying Eli Drake as champ and wish the BFG build didn't feel so certain that he's losing it there. Taryn was hilarious on the mic in the women's seg, though odd that Taya gets left out after saying she wanted the title a few weeks ago. Disappointing that there was seemingly no acknowledgement of or segment to explain Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee teaming again, really enjoyed Everett chasing Lee for the title earlier in the year.

Everett walking next to Lee was infuriating considering their feud.  And Josh's edited-in shoddy explanation for why they're back together only made it worse for me.

• Like 1

So how come TNA..err Impact are all in on this OVE team. I never heard of them until they showed up in Impact. Are they supposed to be the new version of The Hardy's? I got a good laugh when Konnan called them a couple of tweakers.

Everett walking next to Lee was infuriating considering their feud.  And Josh's edited-in shoddy explanation for why they're back together only made it worse for me.

Yeah, I was like weren't these two just having a near blood feud a while back? I feel sorry for Everett. He should have been the X Division champion, but for some reason they went with "lets give Sonjay the title run he should have had 10 years ago".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

So how come TNA..err Impact are all in on this OVE team. I never heard of them until they showed up in Impact. Are they supposed to be the new version of The Hardy's? I got a good laugh when Konnan called them a couple of tweakers.

LOl at a team that's been around 14 years being a new version of anything.  The Crists have bounced around a lot over the years, but managed to never get a break in larger indys with tv.  If you weren't watching Chikara during the 2000's or CZW during the past five years or so, you could have managed fairly easily to never hear of them.  They've been in PWG a few times in the past year and wrestled in ROH a fair bit between 2006 and 2008, but always on the undercard where they didn't get much notice.  

They're a decent team, but small (Cagematch says Jake is 5'7") and without some of the tools (charisma) they need to get noticed in a larger promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 12:15 PM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

LOl at a team that's been around 14 years being a new version of anything.  The Crists have bounced around a lot over the years, but managed to never get a break in larger indys with tv.  If you weren't watching Chikara during the 2000's or CZW during the past five years or so, you could have managed fairly easily to never hear of them.  They've been in PWG a few times in the past year and wrestled in ROH a fair bit between 2006 and 2008, but always on the undercard where they didn't get much notice.  

They're a decent team, but small (Cagematch says Jake is 5'7") and without some of the tools (charisma) they need to get noticed in a larger promotion.

This.  The Crist Brothers have worked the indies for years.  They started off as Irish Airborne.

I'm happy to see them get a run with the tag titles of a fed that is televised, even if it is shitty Global Non-Stop Impact Professional Wrestling Action.