DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/21/17

Stuff all taped out of order now.

GFW Impact Wrestling:  - Airing September 21, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Johnny Impact comes to the ring and calls out Eli Drake. KM comes out and says Eli is still in Mexico. Johnny doesn't buy it and says Eli is avoiding him. KM challenges Johnny to put his #1 contendership on the line against him so he accepts.

*Johnny Impact def. KM to remain #1 contender.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Ava Storie. After the match, Taya says she wants the knockouts championship. Rosemary comes out and says she deserves the shot. They get into a brawl until Sienna runs out to help Taya beat down Rosemary. Allie comes out for the save followed by Taryn Terrell to make it 3 on 2. Gail Kim comes out for the save and runs off the heels.

*El Hijo del Fantasma & Pagano def. Eddie Edwards & Ethan Carter III after Texano interfered. After the match, James Storm showed up for the save and hit Texano with a beer bottle. Storm shook hands with Eddie Edwards but glared at EC3 then left.

*Kongo Kong def. Mahabali Shera

*Johnny Impact def. Texano to remain #1 contender.

*Laurel Van Ness is back to being crazy, now wearing all black instead of the white dress, and is not marrying Grado. She's in the crowd looking for a husband.

*(Shown from AAA Tapings 9/4/17): Eli Drake(c) def. Bronce to retain the Global heavyweight championship

A bit of filler this week but a solid overall show. I love the heel trio of Taya/Sienna/Taryn. Cool they showed the full match from AAA even if it was short rather than the usual clipped form like last week's LAX tag. This show did a good job building up Victory Road next week as a bigger show.

I turned it on - they were in a strip club

Then they did that segment on whatever their Tough Enough type competition is and they asked one guy "Do you have IT?!?!?!" And he stared at them blankly going "Umm...."

Good Times

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm starting to like the show again (mildly).  Roster is getting interesting again after they sort of gutted it to push a bunch of Jarrett cronies.  Morrison and Taya are both solid additions.  Digging Taya's heelery.

Speaking of which, are they a couple?  I don't pay attention to backstage news so I have no idea if Morrison/Melina are still a thing.  Are Morrison/Taya a couple.?  She seems to show up in the same promotions using him.  Is that just a coincidence?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny Mundo= LU hiding weaknesses, accentuating strengths

Johnny Impact= Lame ass high fiving county fair babyface promo cutting weakness turned up to 11. 

A dumb one at that too risking his title shot in effect making whatever he had to go through to get it seem meaningless but I know we’re going for Wwe lite here so dumb babyfaces are a thing. 

• Like 1

It's startling how the night before on LU he looks like the coolest mofo around not named Pentagon Dark.  Then the next night he looks like every other dude that can do parkour moves  I really like the guy but if he saw how he looked on TV it might have been best to say fuck it and leave.