DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling: Victory Road Spoilers for 9/28/17

They started taping everything out of order so no clue what will end up where anymore.

GFW Impact Wrestling: Victory Road - September 28, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Trevor Lee(c) def. Petey Williams to retain the X Division Championship

*Taya, Sienna, & Taryn Terrell def. Allie, Rosemary, & Gail Kim when Sienna pinned Allie via rollup with feet on ropes

*James Storm comes out for a promo. Storm says AAA guys want to disrespect him but he's the best in GFW. Texano comes out and they get into a brawl. El Hijo del Fantasma comes out to help Texano beat down Storm. Fantasma says Texano is a Cowboy too. They support GFW but AAA is the best in the world. Ethan Carter III comes out to save Storm and they shake hands.

*OvE (Dave & Jake Crist) def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana)(c) to win the GFW Tag Team Championships.

*Eli Drake(c) (w/ Chris Adonis) def. Johnny Impact to retain the GFW Worlds Heavyweight Championship after ref bumps and interference. After the match, Adonis & Drake beat down Johnny until Garza Jr. makes the save but LAX come out and attack Garza.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:48 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Eli Drake(c) (w/ Chris Adonis) def. Johnny Impact to retain the GFW Worlds Heavyweight Championship after ref bumps and interference. After the match, Adonis & Drake beat down Johnny until Garza Jr. makes the save but LAX come out and attack Garza.

Never change, TNA.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

I totally brainfarted that OvE used to be Irish Airborne.

The Crist's going from Irish Airborne to OI4K/OvE is one of those where you scratch your head and say "really?". It's like Wolfie D becoming Slash.

If I'm not mistaken, Sami Callihan is also going to be brought in as part of OvE.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Crist's going from Irish Airborne to OI4K/OvE is one of those where you scratch your head and say "really?".

It sorta makes sense.  They went from embracing their European roots to their ghetto Caucasian upbringing in Dayton, Ohio.

I can't really say that the gimmick is racist because the Crist boys are more hood than most dudes I know.

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Crist's going from Irish Airborne to OI4K/OvE is one of those where you scratch your head and say "really?". It's like Wolfie D becoming Slash.

If I'm not mistaken, Sami Callihan is also going to be brought in as part of OvE.

So is Ricochet the only Lucha Underground guy who can't work on TV elsewhere at this point?

Lord help me, I was actually amused by Josh Matthews' commentary last night. The bickering stuff with Borash made for some of the worst TV possible, but as just a heel commentator he can be very funny. During the main event he was explaining some psychology and then said "thought I would help you out since you're all looking at your phones at home while Drake is holding this chinlock." And later when they came back from a commercial break he said "How did Johnny Impact manage to survive through the break? We'll never know!"

12 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

It's not even the first tag team titles the Crists current hold, lol.

I guess the wriggle room is that it's the first title OVE has won (since they use other names for the team elsewhere).

Gimmick wise, yeah, the first titles they've held as OvE.  First tag titles ever? Not by a long shot.

It is so carny for Jarrett to tweet about OvE's title win on that episode as if it was in response to a live broadcast.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't beleive they sent James Storm out there to cut what started out as a "Go back to Mexico" promo on a guy literally named "The Texan".

18 hours ago, AxB said:

I just can't beleive they sent James Storm out there to cut what started out as a "Go back to Mexico" promo on a guy literally named "The Texan".

I was befuddled at his overall tone.  First he mentions it's not about race or USA to quell the USA chants.  Then he proceeds to show that to him it is indeed about race and USA.  Strange promo is strange.