DVDVR Message Board

Mayweather vs. McGregor (8/26/2017) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

This was kind of like the Mayweather/Hatton fight except that Floyd took the first four rounds off almost totally.

Or what the fuck do I know, I'm not nearly a boxing expert.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Think about this: Conor McGregor a guy with ZERO pro boxing fights landed 30 more punches on Floyd than the second greatest fighter of the last generation Manny Pacquiao.

But how many more did he throw from rounds 4 to the end?   

It's amazing he did that well, but at the same time, I mean, it was never going to matter how gifted or physically talented MacGregor might have been, the collective 1000 years of boxing experience of every fighter and trainer that has tried to figure out how to beat Mayweather hasn't been able to figure it out. Why would a guy just learning the sport be able to?

Unless the secret answer turned out to be to scream and throw windmill punches at him from the opening bell and even Conor didn't have the balls to try that.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

But how many more did he throw from rounds 4 to the end?   

I don't think that really matters considering Manny had a full 36 and landed an avg of less than 7 punches landed a round. Manny has like 70 pro boxing bouts.

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Think about this: Conor McGregor a guy with ZERO pro boxing fights landed 30 more punches on Floyd than the second greatest fighter of the last generation Manny Pacquiao.

Sounds like the fight and Conor's performance turned out better than expected. Well done, Conor.

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't think that really matters considering Manny had a full 36 and landed an avg of less than 7 punches landed a round. Manny has like 70 pro boxing bouts.

Team I don't think you can dismiss a bum shoulder. Conner deserves credit but Floyd wasn't treating him like hè was a real threat.