DVDVR Message Board

Mayweather vs. McGregor (8/26/2017) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

mayweather-mcgregor-the-money-fight-mad-

Mayweather vs. McGregor 
August 26, 2017
Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Floyd Mayweather (149.5) vs. Conor McGregor (153) - Mayweather, TKO (referee stoppage), R10 (1:05)
IBF Super Featherweight Championship: Gervonta Davis (132)* vs. Francisco Fonseca (130) - Davis, KO (left hook), R8 (0:39)
WBA World Light Heavyweight Championship: Nathan Cleverly © (174.25) vs. Badou Jack (174.5) (first defense) - Jack, TKO (referee stoppage), R5 (2:47)
Andrew Tabiti (197.5) vs. Steve Cunningham (198) - Tabiti, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Yordenis Ugas (147) vs. Thomas Dulorme (148) - Ugas, DEC (unanimous)
Juan Heraldez (142) vs. Jose Miguel Borrego (143) - Heraldez, DEC (unanimous)
Kevin Newman II (162) vs. Mark Anthony Hernandez (163) - Hernandez, DEC (unanimous) 
Savannah Marshall (164.5) vs. Sydney LeBlanc (165) - Marshall, DEC (unanimous)

*Davis missed weight and lost championship on scale; Title only on the line for Fonseca

Attendance: 14,632
Gate: $55.4 million
Buyrate: 4.3 million

Yeah, that's what's going to be the worst part. I know this fight is a joke but am gonna get up with a ton of people and have a fun night and enjoy the spectacle. The people (McGregor fans) who not only think that this is legit but that their man has a legit shot to win should know better. 

I mean, people thought May against a shot Pac was a fraud perpetuated on the public. What the fuck are people going to say about this when Conor is flailing around the ring? 

The giant bar in my town is showing the fight for $30 bucks a patron. You couldn't pay me to be there.

Definitely watching the fight at a friend's, though!

My wife isn't a sports fan and never watches boxing or mma with me. This fight though she has said how hyped up she is last week that it is coming up and cannot wait to watch it. She said they know how to sell the spectacle of it all and makes her want to see that spectacle.

I just hope for something entertaining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagan said:

Yeah, that's what's going to be the worst part. I know this fight is a joke but am gonna get up with a ton of people and have a fun night and enjoy the spectacle. The people (McGregor fans) who not only think that this is legit but that their man has a legit shot to win should know better. 

I mean, people thought May against a shot Pac was a fraud perpetuated on the public. What the fuck are people going to say about this when Conor is flailing around the ring? 

The giant bar in my town is showing the fight for $30 bucks a patron. You couldn't pay me to be there.

Definitely watching the fight at a friend's, though!

That Floyd was running. People have done that for the last several years now. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I want Mayweather to kick his ass for five rounds, then Mcgregor to come out with a Shining Wizard to start the 6th. . . 

i've been trying to figure out what the best/worst finish for this fight would be (specifically to me, as a viewer). 

your post is basically the same i came up with (albeit with a superkick instead of the shining wizard). great minds think alike.

• Like 1

worst finish? good one. depends what you want of course. i'd like Mayweather to win with a middle round stoppage after comfortable early rounds. worst: i think probably Mayweather gets bossed and then KO'd down the stretch. one early punch and they'd say it was one early punch to an old man, but being like 99-91 up after 10 and then rocking him would be devastating and just a real bloody nose for the sport of boxing, being able to do what Canelo and Pac couldn't do, brutal.

Happy happy, joy joy... Just a few more days and I will never have to hear about this foolishness again.

Oh, looking for an Irish guy that's not going to be stupid and bet on Conor? Look no further. Conor can't hit Floyd with two handfuls of rice. I can't imagine someone spending $90 on this nonsense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Happy happy, joy joy... Just a few more days and I will never have to hear about this foolishness again.

Oh, looking for an Irish guy that's not going to be stupid and bet on Conor? Look no further. Conor can't hit Floyd with two handfuls of rice. I can't imagine someone spending $90 on this nonsense.

Considering the top selling PPVs in boxing and MMA, it's not that hard to imagine.

FYI: Paddypower (big UK bookmaker) paid out early on Mayweather to win yesterday. You can still get 3/11 odds of him winning through others -- if anyone is inclined.

RE: Paulie -- agree it all seems staged. He must be a reasonably shrewd operator to have transitioned into an analyst position at Showtime. Suggests to me its all deliberate -- building up that payday for a future fight.