DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

Just now, Craig H said:

It wasn't just Michigan State. That was one of the big ones, but everyone was doing that shit. Soccer teams, baseball teams, etc. Also, even during that angle with the Wyatts, the fans still cheered the hell out of DB and kept YES'ing and everything.

I know everyone was doing it, but it was the Michigan State clip that convinced Vince, at least according to Bryan.

Oh and that other thing worth mentioning about that cage match is the crowd was dead the entire night. One of those RAWs where you wonder why the people even bought tickets they are so quiet. Then....

• Like 1

Man, that ending to WM30 really does feel like something of a series finale for WWE. Everything from Daniel Bryan going over to that shot of him celebrating on the desk with the pyro going off behind him is incredible. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Looking back, Mania X, XX, and XXX all had similar feeling endings. Although in hindsight XX is so sad and tragic.

Eddie and Benoit certainly are, but here's something about Mania 10:

Of the 24 people who wrestled on the card (I'm leaving out managers), 11 are dead. Average age of death was 47. The two people Bret wrestled (Owen and Yoko) both died at the age of 34.

Just now, Web Conn said:

Have Bryan and Bobby Roode ever wrestled?

I would think that the answer is no. Have they ever been in the same place at the same time? Has Roode ever been in any of the higher profile East Coast indies? I wouldn't think it would have happened in APW when Dragon was there, but I guess ECCW would be a possibility. Dragon worked there more than a handful of times in 2001, but I don't know that Roode would have been working that far west that early in his career.

Roode was in the 2002 Super 8 which was at the time a High Profile East Coast Indie (and where we saw him wearing his velvet trucks). He worked a couple other ECWA shows too (including two matches with the Cheetah Master that I now need to see if I can track down).

He and Bryan never wrestled

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

They had basically decided (some people will argue it was actually long term storytelling but everyone involved that has been interviewed denies that) his run as a main eventer was over, so they kinda randomly turned him we had him join the Wyatt family.

I think they are all lying to make fans feel more empowered. Booking lined up way too much. 

6 hours ago, Victator said:

I think they are all lying to make fans feel more empowered. Booking lined up way too much. 

I remember that Yes fan takeover angle feeling like an audible to get Bryan into the Mania main event. Hunter really had to act like he'd gone nuts just to make it kind of make sense. The whole thing could've been a work, but I don't remember the booking being neat. In fact if it was entirely planned, they did an excellent job covering their footprints. 

5 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember when they tried to pawn the YES thing onto Big Show as well? WWE tried everything possible to ignore Danielson, it was utterly bizarre self-sabotage

I forgot about that. Testament to Daniel Bryan and the fans making WWE change their plans for Daniel Bryan. This is our guy.

• Like 1

The only difference between him and every other wrestler on the roster is that part of his agreement when getting WWE to send him to leading neurologists of Maroon's choosing to get evaluated, is that he agreed, after every match, until WWE was comfortable that he was okay, he would go to the WWE doctors backstage and get Impact testing and a neuropsychological evaluation done.

Maybe that'll put some people's worries to rest in this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

I remember that Yes fan takeover angle feeling like an audible to get Bryan into the Mania main event. Hunter really had to act like he'd gone nuts just to make it kind of make sense. The whole thing could've been a work, but I don't remember the booking being neat. In fact if it was entirely planned, they did an excellent job covering their footprints. 

I mean look at the year. Aside from the Wyatt side trip, Bryan was bearing Orton's brains in and coming within inches of the title. He had Orton beat at Elimination Chamber. 
It was sloppy booking which is how WWE does business. 

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember when they tried to pawn the YES thing onto Big Show as well? WWE tried everything possible to ignore Danielson, it was utterly bizarre self-sabotage

Why did they keep having Bryan beat Orton if they were not pushing Bryan. Why was he is a featured segment every show? If they were ignoring him, they would take him off TV. 

3 minutes ago, Victator said:

I mean look at the year. Aside from the Wyatt side trip, Bryan was bearing Orton's brains in and coming within inches of the title. He had Orton beat at Elimination Chamber. 
It was sloppy booking which is how WWE does business. 

I kind of saw it as Mankind keeping The Rock busy until he could start his Wrestlemania program with Austin. 

• Like 2