DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

1 minute ago, MORELOCK said:

Y'all love setting yourselves up for disappointment.

But it will never be their fault. It's always the WWE's fault for not doing what is fantasy booked

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

My best possible scenario is Shane’s hernia growing sentience and turning on both Shane and Bryan to manage KO and Owens as the new Grand Wizard.

Next best choice is Shane’s kids running a Huey, Dewey, and Louie meets Little Big League gimmick.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I mean the end result still involves DB vs Owens/Zayn at Mania in his first match in years.

They’re gonna tear the Goddamn house down. 

7 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I mean, that too. If anyone takes the title off of Orton you can bet it'll be Jinder.

Well, it's like the WWE to do things in reverse. I mean Jinder should have won the US Title first last year.

Knowing the WWE, Shane will be the partner up to the day of Wrestlemania. Then they will do some "Shane gets attacked angle" to take him out of the match and Bryan only has a few minutes to find a partner.

10 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Well, it's like the WWE to do things in reverse. I mean Jinder should have won the US Title first last year.

Knowing the WWE, Shane will be the partner up to the day of Wrestlemania. Then they will do some "Shane gets attacked angle" to take him out of the match and Bryan only has a few minutes to find a partner.

I’d laugh if it was Punk. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, CreativeControl said:

"Man, I know this is not the plan right this moment, but this is where we need to go." - Triple H looking back and commenting on the whole Daniel Bryan Yes Movement to ESPN 

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

I4ZjMA0.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm kind of joined the idea that Bryan should leave when his contract is up. Signing a new contract puts him at the whim of the company, who depending on the day could either throw him in a ladder match or not clear him, and leaving puts him in control of his own schedule. At the worst, I hope he holds them up for enough money to where they have no choice but to protect him in booking. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I'm kind of joined the idea that Bryan should leave when his contract is up. Signing a new contract puts him at the whim of the company, who depending on the day could either throw him in a ladder match or not clear him, and leaving puts him in control of his own schedule. At the worst, I hope he holds them up for enough money to where they have no choice but to protect him in booking. 

If they're doing impact testing among other things after every match then I can't see them wanting him on a regular wrestling schedule.  That's a helluva lot of testing that's being done all the time.  He might not have a Brock schedule but it'd be time-consuming to have him wrestle more than once a week at most (twice if they streamline it)

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If they're doing impact testing among other things after every match then I can't see them wanting him on a regular wrestling schedule.  That's a helluva lot of testing that's being done all the time.  He might not have a Brock schedule but it'd be time-consuming to have him wrestle more than once a week at most (twice if they streamline it)

Yeah, but that's kind of my point. He's not at their whims and doesn't have to go through the hassle for, what is probably, unnecessary testing.

It's interesting how things change. Kurt Angle leaving WWE years ago probably saved his life, as the road life was going to kill him, and, ironically, TNA's reduced schedule probably kept him from physically burning out. Now, it seems the perception is the indy style is so tough that he'd probably have his brain kicked into the third row by like Elgin or something.  

A match with Elgin won't do anyone's brain a favor cause he gotta get all his head drops in. I'm interested in seeing what Bryan choses to do. He's been vocal about wanting to work in Mexico before he retires but he could work Mexico when he was 50 and be able to fit right in and have great matches. I wonder if he is having thoughts about NJPW though, he has to look at the talent there and think about what he could do there. If he thinks he is healthy enough to work full time I could see him leaving WWE and working the indies/Japan/Mexico for a couple years before a possible return to WWE. Brie is a factor though if she does go back full time that could influence his decision, traveling with his family and wrestling for WWE a few times a month might be worth it to him.

He probably is. Not getting cleared (and occasionally questionable booking decisions) aside, he's had a great relationship with the company, his wife and her family have a ton of ties to the company, and them wanting him to wrestle less rather than more will probably make whatever parenting situation he and Brie figure out a lot easier. Meanwhile, he's been gone long enough that even matches he's had in his pre-WWE days (e.g. Owens/Zayn) are fresh.

As a greedy wrestling and Bryan Danielson fan, ideally he'd sign a one year contract with WWE. He can have all of those matches we've been waiting for these past four years with WWE's ridiculously stacked roster before leaving to wrestle Blue Panther for what little hair Panther has left and works ROH/NJPW/indies. I think having weekly scans or whatever with WWE is probably for the best at least short term because then he'd know his limitations before being left to his own devices. 

I wish Lucha Underground was not in deep decline because I would LOVE to see what kind of zany character he would dream up for that show.

I hope Bryan doesn't resign. Not that I want to see him go to New Japan or whatever cause OMG BRYAN VS BULLET CLUB!!! I just think he deserves a good send off from the WWE. Should only work big money matches elsewhere and that would be that.

He's already had one good send off.

I only see Bryan not resigning as a self-imposed vanity thing. It's not a Cody situation here in a sense that he wants to prove himself. Selfishly, Bryan being mothered through every match by the WWE docs puts my mind at rest that he's not going to end up a vegetable wrestling the likes of Walter on the indies for a fraction of the money he would be earning in the WWE.  If he can wrestle a lighter schedule main eventing shows against AJ/Nakamura/Rusev etc, then we all win.

• Like 4

Some of you are forgetting that the post-match testing won't continue indefinitely. The testing continues until they're comfortable with DB's health. You can "haha" that, but if after 3 months DB is cleared after each match, would it be in their interests to keep the testing going? Probably not.