DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

Two things I don’t understand at all:

1) Why would they announce Bryan was cleared? If you have Zayn and Owens beat the holy shit out of a Bryan that you don’t know is cleared, imagine the fucking heat in that arena. Oh my god. 

2) if you really are committed to Reigns as top babyface, wh6 in the hell do you do a beat down of him one night and then a beat down of Daniel Bryan the next?  Did they really think anything other than “you deserve it” would be chanted at Reigns and Bryan would get anything but sympathy? It’s completely idiotic, unless they really are going to turn Reigns. 

1 minute ago, Mick32 said:

Two things I don’t understand at all:

1) Why would they announce Bryan was cleared? If you have Zayn and Owens beat the holy shit out of a Bryan that you don’t know is cleared, imagine the fucking heat in that arena. Oh my god.

I'm pretty sure the news broke on multiple mainstream outlets before WWE confirmed it.

What I believe he means is, if you run the KO/Sami beatdown angle before you leak that DB is good to go, then you'd have nuclear heat on the two biggest heels on the roster.  

(Of course, anyone with a brain would then probably put together... Yes.  DB is cleared, because otherwise, the WWE is literally putting millions of dollars at risk for an angle for the 7th most important match on the card.)

I don't see why they can't run Bryan against either guy in a singles or just reunite Team Hell No. Kane's probably going to be a mayor soon so it's not like Bryan's would be getting anchored with him longterm. 

19 minutes ago, Mick32 said:

Why would they announce Bryan was cleared? If you have Zayn and Owens beat the holy shit out of a Bryan that you don’t know is cleared, imagine the fucking heat in that arena. Oh my god. 

This has been addressed earlier in either this thread or the SmackDown one, but I'll sum it up:

a) If fans realize at that moment Bryan has been cleared for physicality, there's probably more excitement for Bryan than heat for Sami and KO

b) You get less of a roller coaster of emotion. Everyone's happy for Bryan all day, everyone's elated. The attack brings them down. That's the heat.

14 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don't see why they can't run Bryan against either guy in a singles or just reunite Team Hell No. Kane's probably going to be a mayor soon so it's not like Bryan's would be getting anchored with him longterm. 

I like this one. They could also have Cena pull double duty and tag with his brother in-law.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Announcing his return also probably got SD its highest ratings in a while, maybe even since it went live on Tuesdays.

Highest except for the two draft episodes. Probably the highest non-draft episode since they moved to cable.

----------------

They have a hundred guys under contract and two weeks. If Shane's thing is legit, they can replace him easily.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Highest except for the two draft episodes. Probably the highest non-draft episode since they moved to cable.

----------------

They have a hundred guys under contract and two weeks. If Shane's thing is legit, they can replace him easily.

You WOULD think that. But this company never does things easy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cristobal said:

The "problem" of replacing Shane McMahon in the tag match has literally the easiest answer you can imagine: Kendrick.

This was my first thought too. Best friends vs best friends (you can run the footage of Bryan comforting Kendrick during the CWC), don't lose any aura when the crowd totally ignores them for Bryan, can be FIP to build to the huge Bryan hot tag, plus it's a nice "thank you" for Itami smashing his face in.