DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

Dr. Robert Cantu:

I evaluated Bryan for a neurological opinion on return to WWE on February 26, 2018. Included in his medical records were multiple evaluations by renowned concussion clinicians. I determined that Bryan is currently asymptomatic, has a normal detailed neurological and cognitive neuropsychological examination, normal EEG, and an MRI that showed no definite evidence of a prior brain injury. It is my medical opinion that there is no absolute contraindication to his return to in-ring action in WWE.

Newsweek

1 hour ago, francescofuoco1998 said:

In your opinion, are his best matches comparable to the best of Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Tsuruta, Benoit?

Um....

tenor.gif?itemid=3518936

I'll be honest, I am not all THAT familiar with Japanese stuff.  I've seen the megamatches from over there, but I cannot with any degree of intelligence say who has had a better body of work.   

I can definitely see the comparison to Benoit as a smaller worker with a furious and reckless style with a career cut short. (And yes, I'm fully aware of ALL the implications behind that statement.)  

• Like 1

Until Bryan got cleared - Heath Slater was the only active WWE member left

I think at the moment Wade Barrett is the only not wrestling, though Ryback is close to it since he barely works any indie dates

Imagine a massive Nexus stable now with Bryan and Punk as co-leaders then Barrett, Ryback and Wyatt as upper midcarders, Slater, Axl, Otunga, Gabriel as the jobbers.

It would make one awesome group in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Did they? Even if you count the Corre, that's really only three.

I was counting The Corre, but based on the NWO's Wikipedia I'm realizing I expunged NWO Elite from my brain and forgot to count NWO Japan. 

Two things I don’t understand at all:

1) Why would they announce Bryan was cleared? If you have Zayn and Owens beat the holy shit out of a Bryan that you don’t know is cleared, imagine the fucking heat in that arena. Oh my god. 

2) if you really are committed to Reigns as top babyface, wh6 in the hell do you do a beat down of him one night and then a beat down of Daniel Bryan the next?  Did they really think anything other than “you deserve it” would be chanted at Reigns and Bryan would get anything but sympathy? It’s completely idiotic, unless they really are going to turn Reigns. 

1 minute ago, Mick32 said:

Two things I don’t understand at all:

1) Why would they announce Bryan was cleared? If you have Zayn and Owens beat the holy shit out of a Bryan that you don’t know is cleared, imagine the fucking heat in that arena. Oh my god.

I'm pretty sure the news broke on multiple mainstream outlets before WWE confirmed it.