DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

Don't have anything to add but I'm happy for him. But Bryan, leave the diving headbutt at home ok?

He can put the missile dropkick in mothballs too while he's at it. There's always the flying body press...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hagan said:

First for the company, right? Have they ever cleared anyone they put on the retirement list? Also, IF the results are true and he's perfectly fine and not like "fucked up but probably won't die" fine then he doesn't have to change his style much. I mean, if you want to get didactic, no wrestler should be doing flying headbutts and being dropped on their head but Bryan trying to wrestle a tentative safe style is probably more likely to get him jacked up.

Shawn Michaels retired due to his back injury after WM 14 and returned at SummerSlam 2002 four years later. That's the only similar situation I can think of.

9 minutes ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Really the bummer is that they announced this on a tuesday. My condolences to everyone who has to wrestle tonight in the middle of the Non-Stop Yes Chant.

Well I assume he is opening the show and making the Mania match announcement and that should settle them down

Plus - if you have Rusev wrestle in the first segment after the Bryan stuff they will switch to Rusev Day chants

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Was Shawn's retirement his own choice or were medical clearances even an issue then?

I think it was a little from A and a little from B

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I can't imagine Austin would've ever been cleared after Summerslam 97 by current measures. 

The fact that Austin came back and eventually got to the point in 2001 where he could have flat out fast paced classics with Angle and Benoit is still mind blowing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Plus - if you have Rusev wrestle in the first segment after the Bryan stuff they will switch to Rusev Day chants

We will put this in the “Rippa was right” file

• Like 3

On 11/10/2017 at 7:17 PM, Victator said:

It feels like WWE is stringing Bryan alone hoping he will sign a new contract next year.

The thought occurred to me WWE must think Bryan is really intent on leaving and this is their last hail mary. Bryan signs new contract and they pull clearance at first injury. 

They usually do three year deals, right? If Bryan re-signs, I can't see him accepting anything more than a one year contract because of his recent experiences and exactly what @Victator just mentioned. As much as I want to see him tearing it up in Korakuen Hall and Arena Mexico, he's got a wealth of really fun lookin' feuds in WWE too. 

I was just about to cancel the Network because I get no joy out of WWE but Bryan's back and I'll be watching everything he does.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CSC said:

Lock him in a room with Austin until WrestleMania and have him give Bryan the masterclass on protecting yourself after head/neck injuries.  

I mean, that final year or so of Austin's career probably burnt the final two to three years of his career away so... perhaps have him talk to someone else.  I don't need Bryan taking 10 straight german suplexes in a tv match.

• Like 1

I’d like to say I’m the biggest Daniel Bryan fan here. Bryan is one of my five favourite wrestlers ever. Waking up to the news Daniel’s cleared by WWE to return to the ring is something I didn’t see happening in the WWE. I will be nervous watching Bryan even with him passing the doctors tests.

Daniel Bryan needs to lose the diving headbutt, the headbutts and the top rope missile dropkick. Have a style where Daniel works on body parts, using the European Uppercut, his kicks and tapping fuckers out.

I still cringe thinking about those half nelson suplexes by Luke Harper taken by Bryan on his head when he returned from neck surgery in January 2015.

I want to see Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz. The feud has gone 8 years from 2010-2018. The Miz should never have left Smackdown. I’m tempted to move Miz from his Triple Threat to facing Bryan at WrestleMania. That won’t happen as we’ll be getting Bryan/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn and Miz might miss WrestleMania as Maryse is due, credit to Miz saying Maryse and his baby comes first. Bryan vs. Miz is a must with their rivalry and the history between the two.

Daniel Bryan matches most wanted:

Vs. AJ Styles for the first time in WWE.

Vs. John Cena. The match they had at SummerSlam 2013 is a fucking classic.

Vs. Samoa Joe for the first time in WWE.

Vs. The Miz

Vs. Pete Dunne

Vs. Cesaro

Vs. Rusev