DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

So what was Maroon's hold-up to begin with?

Maroon's rep took a big hit because he was the NFL doctor that said "CTE was exaggerated"

So now you have the WWE being sued for head trauma AND Vince's concerns about certain people being injured "in his ring" (see also Kurt Angle)

Also - they decided that Bryan was going to their line in the sand for... reasons

All that pretty much leads to what Fowler said

• Like 2

My first impressions, without reading anything else yet ... 1) Guess who isn't going to be #allin, FUCK YOU CODY, I'LL SHOW YOU "BURY THE BEAR"!!!

2)  If WWE fast-tracks a Miz/Bryan match for 'mania, I can forgive all the other dumb shit we've had to deal with to this point.

29 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Bryan vs Dunne
Bryan vs Bate
Bryan vs Almas 
Bryan vs Black
Bryan vs Gargano
Bryan vs Ciampa 
Bryan vs Cole 
Bryan vs Dain 
Bryan vs Lorcan
Bryan vs Ohno
Bryan vs Dream 

and that's just NXT 

Oh come on... 

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wasn't there something about a "new" test that he had done, that he failed? Something that no one else had even been told to get?

Yes - something around the brain activity. That was the test that convinced him to retire

But over the two years - his brain activity has improved tremendously (it seems like Bryan is crediting the hyperbolic chamber treatment stuff)

Meltzer also said that there were a few doctors who were willing to put their reputations on the line to go to bat for Bryan and it would have gotten to the point with Maroon of where it would have come off almost as "LALALALALA NOT LISTENING!!!"

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Eh, I can't say people being excited as hell bothers me all that much, personally, but different strokes etc.

Since I've more or less selfishly wanted him back all along, & now he's back, my entire selfishness is going towards wanting him to leave the WWE, leave financial security for himself & his family, & go to Japan, go to Mexico, go to the US & European indies. Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jr. Danielson vs Ibushi. Danielson vs...OK, I'll stop. The point is I'm aware this is deeply selfish and also to be frank probably would be more dangerous to his health, but I can't help it. Also I was totally going to cancel my WWE Network sub because I've used it to watch one episode of Nitro since the Royal Rumble & am otherwise completely out of contemporary WWE at this point. Despite one of the most exciting rosters the WWE have had, because the booking is just not interesting enough for my tastes. But now I guess I can't.

• Like 1

"Hey John! Daniel got cleared! You can have an opponent at Wrestlemania!"

*remembers Summerslam 2013* "Uhhhh, thats great! But I'm sure the Undertaker will answer any day now."

I just want Bryan vs Goldust.

I'm happy for him though I will always be a bit worried as well. Will be interesting to see what WWE does with him. The roster has changed so much with guys getting better and new talent coming in. I just hope we get a big match with him and Miz at some point.

• Like 1

First for the company, right? Have they ever cleared anyone they put on the retirement list? Also, IF the results are true and he's perfectly fine and not like "fucked up but probably won't die" fine then he doesn't have to change his style much. I mean, if you want to get didactic, no wrestler should be doing flying headbutts and being dropped on their head but Bryan trying to wrestle a tentative safe style is probably more likely to get him jacked up.