DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN *IS* WRESTLING AGAIN

RIPPA

Wow!

I'm happy for him. I think we all knew he was wrestling one way or another. At least this way, it can possibly happen in a controlled environment and WWE will probably be able to keep him on a longer deal which is what they want.

Changed the name of the thread and pinned it.  For better or worse...  Here we go. 

Note - He'd better KNEE PLUS~ the absolute shit out of Shane at Mania.   Then follow it up by destroying KO & Sami and leaving to 70,000 people shouting YES.  

• Thanks 2

@Beech27 pretty much nailed it. Cautiously optimistic. So much of his career in WWE has been dealing with politics. How much of that is going on right now and how is he handled going forward? Obviously, his health is the big concern but it'll be interesting to see how they deploy him.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Changed the name of the thread and pinned it.  For better or worse...  Here we go. 

Note - He'd better KNEE PLUS~ the absolute shit out of Shane at Mania.   Then follow it up by destroying KO & Sami and leaving to 70,000 people shouting YES.  

Let's be real guys.

He'll be wrestling Kane or something

• Haha 1

I'd rather have him wrestling in WWE than elsewhere and it seems like it was an one or the other.

Who knows how it will go, but at least they will presumably protect his health better than some other company would.

Regardles, happy for the man. 

Guest Edwin

They should have kept it a secret and then revealed him as Braun Strowman's tag team partner in the tag title match.

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

I'd be perfectly fine if he never did another dive off the top rope or tope and decided to adopt the Drew Gulak No Fly Zone gimmick for SDL.

I really think it's a knock on his legacy and ranking as an all-timer if he can't figure out a way to work around really hurting himself by making some changes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

If I were WWE, I would've kept it a secret and then revealed him as Braun Strowmann's tag team partner in the tag title match.

They have the built-in (not necessarily great) story line with Shane and Owens/Zayn though so I assume Bryan teams with Shane.  

However,  I wouldn't mind if Shane turned on him during the match.  

ME0QnhC.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

I really think it's a knock on his legacy and ranking as an all-timer if he can't figure out a way to work around really hurting himself by making some changes. 

I mean... that's exactly what Miz and DB are arguing about in that awesome Talking Smack promo.  And it's what most of us have always been worried about.  

It's not a question of whether or not he CAN wrestle safe.  It's a question of WILL he.   Big difference. 

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

They have the built-in (not necessarily great) story line with Shane and Owens/Zayn though so I assume Bryan teams with Shane.  

However,  I wouldn't mind if Shane turned on him during the match.  

ME0QnhC.gif

Yeah, but imagine the pop if Strowman came out and then Bryan's music mysteriously hits after a pause...

crowd-goes-wild-gif-5.gif

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Yeah, this.  I'm hoping for the best, that having wrestling seemingly taken away from him for two years gave the guy some time to really reflect on what wrestling is (a work) and isn't (flying headfirst at other dudes like you 're playing for the Steelers, and other dumb risky shit).  

Fans love Bryan enough that he'll be golden going half speed and working smart.  I just hope he's learned to be happy with himself doing that.