DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/7/17

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing September 7, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams def. Caleb Konley & Trevor Lee when Sonjay pinned Konley

*LAX def. Jon Bolen & Zachary Wentz. After the match, OvE come out and want a title shot. Konnan tells them to come to The Crash in Tijuana to get it.

*Taryn Terrell & Sienna def. Gail Kim & Allie. After the match, Taryn & Sienna continue to attack until Rosemary makes the save. Taya then debuted and laid out Rosemary.

*Jim Cornette comes out for a promo. Cornette would bet that Matt Sydal wins the title tonight. Johnny Impact interrupts and wants a title shot at the winner. LAX interrupt. Konnan says Johnny's opinion is as irrelevant as the AAA title. Low Ki says this isn't WWE or Lucha Underground. LAX attack Johnny until security breaks it up.

*Eli Drake(c) def. Matt Sydal to retain the GFW Championship after hitting him with the title.

I liked the Johnny/Low Ki angle. Low Ki showed a lot of fire and that should be a good match. Rest of the show was real bad. I can't say i'm surprised that Jeff Jarrett tried to tie his drunk feud with La Parka into the Rosemary/Sexy Star thing. At least that's what they made it seem like. Just embarrassing. I know I shouldn't compare the women's match to the Mae Young Classic but it just looked so amateur hour. Even compared to the Sonya match from NXT. Is Allie's gimmick supposed to be that she's bad at wrestling? 

That is exactly what Allie's gimmick is. She was brought in as a personal assistant to Maria, who had no idea how to wrestle. Then it was revealed that Braxton Sutter was giving her some lessons. So her gimmick is that she's still learning how to wrestle.

Of course, this stupid company is running a breakup angle with Sutter and Allie already.

Top to bottom I really enjoyed this show, the Cornette / Johnny Impact / LAX segment was such an old school segment and reminded me of Cornette era OVW. It might also have been the best promo Ki ever cut, great stuff.

Taya's entrance was great and of course they swerved straight off the bat.

Eli Drake has been great the last couple of weeks also.

Lashley was great during the AAA segments.

I have no idea where the Duck Justice stuff is going, they already have Grado and Joe Park and he seems like he's combined both their gimmicks!

• Like 1