DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/31/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Taiji Ishimori def. Suicide with the 450 Splash

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing August 31, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Show opens with Eli Drake's Championship Celebration. Eli is upset that it took this long for him to become champion. Johnny Impact interrupts and is sick of hearing Eli run his mouth. Johnny says he's had more names than Eli's had championships. Eddie Edwards interrupts and says he outranks Johnny, he wants the GFW Championship again. Jim Cornette comes out and announces Eli Drake & Chris Adonis vs. Johnny Impact & Eddie Edwards. If Eli/Adonis win then Eli doesn't have to defend against either one but if Edwards/Johnny win, whoever scores the pin gets the title shot.

*OvE (Dave & Jake Crist) def. Mario Bokara & Fallah Bahh

*Petey Williams def. Caleb Konley after the Canadian Destroyer. After the match, Konley & Trevor Lee attack Petey until Sonjay Dutt makes the save.

*Kongo Kong def. Richard Justice in a squash. After the match, Kongo continued to attack until Mahabali Shera made the save.

*Low Ki def. James Storm after interference from LAX.

*Eli Drake & Chris Adonis def. Eddie Edwards & Johnny Impact when Drake pinned Edwards. After the match, Bobby Lashley came out with the America's Top Team fighters and surrounded the ring. Jim Cornette came out and warned that if Lashley got involved, he would lose his title shot at AAA. Cornette announced Eli Drake will defend against Matt Sydal next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Main event was really good this week. I'm not the biggest Johnny fan but he adds a lot to the main event scene. Certainly better than Sydal and Eddie Edwards. Eli Drake is alright but going from feuding with bodybuilders from a POP show to world champion is very Jinder like. Ki/Storm was good too. Shocked that Ki won considering he's leaving. Rest of the show was crap. I just can't take the Lashley thing seriously when that Lambert guy can't stop smiling whenever he's on camera. 

• Like 1

Awesome main event for sure that got a ton of time. Digging the main event scene with Eli having lots of challengers already and I like Edwards being back in the title mix. Also really loved the Ki/Storm match, fast paced and got the crowd going with solid near falls. I'm enjoying the Lashley stuff so far, wish they could have a big multi-man tag with the fighters, Colby Covington has been great in his role. Petey/Konley was a nice showcase for Petey as well.

On 9/1/2017 at 0:38 AM, Tim Evans said:

Main event was really good this week. I'm not the biggest Johnny fan but he adds a lot to the main event scene. Certainly better than Sydal and Eddie Edwards. Eli Drake is alright but going from feuding with bodybuilders from a POP show to world champion is very Jinder like. Ki/Storm was good too. Shocked that Ki won considering he's leaving. Rest of the show was crap. I just can't take the Lashley thing seriously when that Lambert guy can't stop smiling whenever he's on camera. 

Did they know Ki was leaving during the tapings?

I am glad to see OIK4 the Crist Brothers getting national exposure but I really don't get this idea of them being "the ying and the yang" or complete opposites.   They are both flippy guys.  They both have deranged far off looks on their faces. Hard to tell who is supposed to one of the other.   If they really wanted to make this gimmick right,  Jake Christ would have done his early 2017 gimmick in CZW where he used his fun loving flamboyance as a distraction

I guess Petey Williams still works indies regularly because he really look good.   Not that much rust at all

Is it really that offensive to call someone Dick Justice?    The idea of a "stand by wrestler" as a gimmick is good but his SuperCop gimmick is money

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am glad to see OIK4 the Crist Brothers getting national exposure but I really don't get this idea of them being "the ying and the yang" or complete opposites.   They are both flippy guys.  They both have deranged far off looks on their faces. Hard to tell who is supposed to one of the other.   If they really wanted to make this gimmick right,  Jake Christ would have done his early 2017 gimmick in CZW where he used his fun loving flamboyance as a distraction

I guess Petey Williams still works indies regularly because he really look good.   Not that much rust at all

Is it really that offensive to call someone Dick Justice?    The idea of a "stand by wrestler" as a gimmick is good but his SuperCop gimmick is money