DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/24/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Fallah Bahh

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing August 24, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*OvE (Dave & Jake Crist) def. The Heatseekers (Elilot Russel & Sigmon)

*Taryn Terrell came out for an interview. She said she's tired of the Gail Kim Show and is here to help her retire. Gail interrupts and runs her off.

*Grado comes out to say goodbye. Fans chant Thank You Grado and Please Don't Go. Laurel Van Ness comes out no longer  crazy. She says she's a changed woman because of Grado. Laurel proposes to Grado and he says yes. Kongo Kong comes out to interrupt but Mahabali Shera cuts him off.

*Eli Drake won the 20 man Gauntlet for the Gold defeating Eddie Edwards, Mario Bokara, Eddie Kingston, Braxton Sutter, Richard Justice, Ethan Carter III, Suicide, Kongo Kong, Mahabali Shera, Chris Adonis, El Hijo del Fantasma, Johnny Impact, Garza Jr., Fallah Bahh, KM, Taiji Ishimori, Lashley, Moose, & Low Ki to become the new GFW Global Heavyweight Champion. The final four were Eli, Eddie Edwards, Moose, and Johnny Impact. In the final two, Eli Drake pinned Eddie Edwards (who were the first two entrants) to win the gauntlet and the title.

Interesting outcome, didn't see that coming. Impact is already letting the result be known on social media.

Pushing Eli Drake is one of the smartest things they could possibly do. Good in the ring and absolute GOLD on the mic. I totally applaud this decision.

• Like 3

Really fun Gauntlet for the Gold. Looking forward to Eli's reign on top. Pretty good debut for Johnny Impact. Dug Lashley and Moose in there. Felt like a good opportunity to rebuild Eddie Edwards to that level and I wish Low Ki was sticking around. The Lashley/ATT chaotic stuff has been highly entertaining so far. Thought OvE's match here was better than last week's debut too.

Gauntlet for the Gold was too damn long  It had some good moments but most of it was crap. The "pop" for Johnny Impact was sad and it was even sadder that the announcers were saying it's a big surprise when they mentioned it last week at the end of tv. OVE looks so indie I can hardly take it seriously. Best thing about this show was the Taryn interview. 

Man is the the branding a mess or what? Impact ring skirts, Anthem's logo everywhere, the company being referred to  as GFW half the time and Impact the other half. Green ring ropes. Looks like absolute throw up. 

Seriously what are they smoking. 

Beaides that, I enjoyed the show. Drake is a great choice to be the face of The company. He's fresh, amazing on the mic and comes off as a homegrown star, much like EC3.

Also, they need to stop putting all these new guys on TV without taking the time to introduce them. 

Considering it's GFW I thought the gauntlet was pretty well-done.  I'm an Eli Drake fan so happy to see him get the belt for a change.  I find it puzzling though they'd save the Lashley/ATT stuff for after the win as it took the focus off of Eli's moment.  That should have been done right after Lashley was eliminated.  But all in all good stuff.

And while he did pretty good and I like Johnny Impact quite a bit he looked like just another guy.  Can't say it was anything wrong with him, if anything I blame the crowd.  I'll forever say it until it happens, but they need to get the fuck away from that building.

Didn't Taryn Terrell leave because she became a born again Christian? Because those weren't very modest outfits these last few weeks.

I thought she left because she was pregnant, but the timeline doesn't match up.  Yeah, she was giving interviews in the fall of 2015 saying wrestling had led her into a life of sin and she was born-again.  Her departure from TNA was announced soon after.