DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K18

odessasteps

On 11/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, Craig H said:

How is the game playing now? Has it been patched and have the issues described here been fixed?

2K posted this a couple days ago:

WWE 2K18 Patch 1.04 is rolling out on PS4. It should release on Xbox One and PC in the next 24 hours and includes updates from 1.03 for these two platforms.

Road to Glory
*Fixed issue where a MyPlayer's qualification progress was reset in bad networking situations.

Highlight Video
*Added the ability to choose from cutscenes using the following entrance, promo, and universe/career. From these sub options you can choose the cast for the highlights.

Gameplay
*The referee fails to count pinfalls or DQs in 8 man matches with entrances on.
*Fixed an issue where ref doesn't count the pin in tag team matches when entrances are enabled.

Universe Mode:
*The title fatal crashes when starting any promo in Universe.
*Fixed crash that would occur when starting a user-created Self Promotion Promo.
*Fixed an exploit that would allow rivalries to occur between superstars of different genders
*Fixed not being able to select "No Mercy" PPV theme when customizing a PPV.
*Fixed Royal Rumble winners being booked into title matches for the World Title of both shows at WrestleMania.
*Fixed some cases where rivalries would break and lead to continuous one on one and two on two matches between the rivals. (Note: This patch will not retroactively fix a broken rivalry.)
*Fixed cutscenes where the wrong superstars are shown or swapped.
*Reduced chances of Falls Count Anywhere matches being booked on Major Shows.
*Increased chances of rivalries occuring involving a champion; this should lead to more title matches overall.
*The duration of naturally occuring rivalries will now vary.

Gameplay
*Fixed head tracking. Superstars will now correctly look at their target.
*Fixed an issue in which the AI's reversal rate did not properly reset after successful reversals.
*Tuned the Carry escape mini-game and adjusted the AI's escape logic.
*Fixed the damage display for several submission animations.
*Carry & Drag announce table interactions will now increase the table break meter.
*Fixed table grapple reversals. The correct superstar will now perform the reversal animation.
*Minor reversal prompts will now correctly display for Top Rope Grapples.
*Fixed scoring issue for Tag Team 2 out of 3 Falls matches.
*Improved ability to navigate in the backstage hallway while carrying an opponent
*Tag Team Championship victory scenes now properly displayed.
*Fixed AI issue that would allow it to break out of grapple too quickly
*Rolling Savate now reversible.

Universe Mode
*Fixed win conditions being disabled for matches occurring after a Money in the Bank cash in.
*Fixed an issue that could cause blank matches to be created when customizing superstars
*Fixed superstars not using alternate attires during a run-in
*Fixed endless loading at the match screen when using certain show images for customized shows.
*Royal Rumble win conditions for Universe have been updated.

I think there's a new Firepro update tomorrow

This game makes me so mad you guys.  I can't buy in to anyone saying this series has potential - when they fuck up the game year after year, the only potential is wasted potential.

My first loot box had Dolph Ziggler gear in it.  Fuck Dolph Ziggler.  He's probably my single least favorite wrestler on the WWE roster.  I feel like I could probably hang out with Enzo and play Bad Dudes or something.  Dolph?  "Okay, no more career mode for me."

Have there been any improvements to Universe Mode since 2K16? The biggest annoyances with that game are that you can't view past weeks' results and that the rivalry system is so brittle - any change to a Rivalry Match meant you lost the rivalry. (Add a manager? No longer a Rivalry Match. Add a stipulation to the blow-off? No longer a Rivalry Match.) Have they fixed either of those?

On 9-11-2017 at 1:46 AM, Michael Sweetser said:

I'm not really getting the "point" of WWE Universe mode - do you even get cutscenes in the rivalries?  Am I doing something wrong besides just making matches?

I gave up on Universe mode ever since 2k13 where it promised all kinds of cool features (e.g. Paul Heymen written storylines; unique cut scenes) but it never delivered.... I mean it STILL has not delivered. If you play one Rivalry, then you've played them all.

I enjoy Exhibition mode and dicking around with random match-ups, but every other feature is just pointless. You don't even need to play them to unlock stuff. Absolute waste of time.

What I liked doing with universe mode was to set up rosters on my shows - usually a current roster show on RAW, an 80s WWF vs NWA/WCW show, and an attitude era show, and the champs on each - then play a few weeks worth of the shows just to see what rivalries the AI sets up. Then, when I bore of that, I'll jump ahead in the calendar a year or so and have it simulate the matches just to see who ends up as champs. Get some interesting champs that way and it's somewhat amusing. Like when I got Akeem as 80s WWF Champ, DDP as Attitude Era Champ, and Mark Henry as current WWE Champ.

They managed to even fuck up having the DLC download properly within the game, which is pretty hilarious.

Black has two Fade to Blacks - the ground one looks awesome, the standing one looks like shit 99% of the time due to how the collision detection works on strikes.

10 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

They managed to even fuck up having the DLC download properly within the game, which is pretty hilarious.

Black has two Fade to Blacks - the ground one looks awesome, the standing one looks like shit 99% of the time due to how the collision detection works on strikes.

The 2K forums were having a shit fit over it for sure.  But somebody mentioned going into New Addons on PSN store and I got it there.  So far I only played as Black and they nailed damn near everything about him.  I heard Lars isn't that good to play as but I'm sure downloading an updated moveset will fix that.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:22 AM, Dirty J. said:

Also Patch 1.05 added the Great Balls of Fire arena, a bunch of new trons and Batista's machine gun entrance! 

It also seems to have helped improve some of the issues with the game dragging ass during 8-man matches.  It isn't perfect, but it's still an improvement.

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Where's the Sweetser CAW with his sick Sweetsersault or whatever you did in your few matches. Game needs CARef and CAManager or Stooge if it doesn't.

Oh please.  Biggest high risk move I ever did was that dive to nowhere.  My feet stayed on the damn ground.

• 3 weeks later...

New moves DLC was released. Lots of Jeff Cobb moves, including a really sweet Tour of the Islands. (That’s the name they used for the move.) They added a proper Destino, snap dragon suplex, Angel’s Wings, Almas’ double knees in the corner, Sanada’s dragon sleeper, an apron piledriver, and total elimination amongst others. 

• Like 1

So I'm considering picking up 2k18. Last one I got was 2k16 and I wasn't a fan of the submission system and barely played it. Been watching some video reviews and they've fixed it a bit which is good. The 100+ wrestler roster sounds great too and the gameplay mechanics of being able to pick up and carry your opponent looks good too. So is it worth getting and is it a leap forward quality wise from 2k16?. Like I said I didn't like 2k16, perhaps I should have stuck with it longer. Last WWE game I invested time in was like the first or second time you could download community creations and I had some fun matches with old school wrestlers. Having random stuff happen in universe mode was fun too. 

2 hours ago, TCB said:

So I'm considering picking up 2k18. Last one I got was 2k16 and I wasn't a fan of the submission system and barely played it. Been watching some video reviews and they've fixed it a bit which is good. The 100+ wrestler roster sounds great too and the gameplay mechanics of being able to pick up and carry your opponent looks good too. So is it worth getting and is it a leap forward quality wise from 2k16?. Like I said I didn't like 2k16, perhaps I should have stuck with it longer. Last WWE game I invested time in was like the first or second time you could download community creations and I had some fun matches with old school wrestlers. Having random stuff happen in universe mode was fun too. 

While I can't say it as much for 2K17 it's a definite leap from 2K16.  It's worth picking up and stuff like picking opponents up adds to a lot of fun moments.  As long as you don't get the  Switch version then you should be good.