DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K18

odessasteps

Sucks that the carry system seems impossibly punishing at the moment, was v impressed to see how they'd linked it with diving reversals so you can eg catch someone doing a diving hurracanrana and use the powerbomb carry position to lower them into the styles clash. Hopefully they can tweak it so you can still get reversed early on but be able to ragdoll a worn down opponent later on

• Like 1

Hype/DC: WWE 2K18 Rating Edits: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z0Dkls-dx7JFVgKJzUtoLAHFCZZAlnkkfSL7K4QWjvE/edit?usp=sharing

***You want to use the ATTRIBUTES tab***

Notes

* Ratings appear low but that isn't important. We actually use the entire scale 0-100 in our attributes, so you will get a wider range of outputs.

* Giants/Monsters will appear to be overrated due to their Kayfabe strength/unstoppable nature. 

* View an 80 the way 2K naturally treats the 100 rating. So if a wrestler is over a 65, he is doing something right in the wrestling business.

* Don't get into, " How is ____ 3 points higher than ____." Look at tiers. If two wrestlers are within 3-4 points of eachother, that really isn't that much of a differential since we are in fact using the entire scale.

* Don't JUST look at the Overall rating. Remember, wrestlers are rated based on their skillset. So to blindly look at the OVR and not look at the individual attributes wouldn't due each wrestler justice.

*Enjoy the work. We put a lot of hours into this. This is just the first wave. All WWE wrestlers are included. Including Mae Young, WWE UK, and NXT. If someone is missing, please let us know.

• Thanks 1

I bought it, I play it, but I'd say stay away from it unless you want to actively be really pissed off way more than you should be, especially knowing you already play Firepro.

It might get a lot better when they patch it, but I'm not going to hold my fucking breath and will be playing South Park:  The Fractured But Whole until I beat it.

• Like 1

Yeah, how buggy the game is concerns me. This year's game reads like a total mess and reminds me of the first UFC game for the PS4 and Xbone. That game wound up being significantly better after receiving a substantial amount of patches. I can only hope the same happens for this year's game.

This series has never had much in the way of post-release support, has it? Like patches take forever to drop and when they do they usually miss a lot of significant bugs out. 

It's really fun but I'll continue to hit up Stardew Valley on switch and Fractured But Whole on ps4 for the time being. Oh and still shooting for that perfect run on fucking night trap! God damn game! 

54 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I only ever get WWE games on Black Friday, enjoyed the hell out of '17 despite it's flaws because it was like $30. I strongly advise everyone to do this every year.

I got the pre-order for PS4 Friday, but will get the Switch version on Black Friday.  I will feel awfully silly at first getting two versions of the same game, but if I find the need to play this away from home then might as well.  That's assuming of course they don't bork the Switch version with missing features or anything like that.

The first match I had in universe was as Neville vs Joe, had Joe kicking out of the Red Arrow and the superplex, escaping the rings of Saturn, nearly tapping neville with the powerbomb Boston crab and a crossface, getting several 2.9s and then getting pinned off a sunset flip midway through attempting a second powerbomb on a 0 health near-comatose Neville , Neville all rolling out of the ring laughing at him as he shouts at the ref

****1/2, absolutely banging, a joy to play, made me wish I hadn't switched to PC so I could've ps4 shared it

Extremely surprised to report that I've had very few problems on PC, a couple of interface/sound issues and some very short frame rate judders during an 8 man tag aside

Happy with the first episode of raw universe gave me; I think I might just not even attempt career mode as it seems to be designed to make players as unhappy as possible

I haven't even played that long because all the gear and moves you could possibly want are in loot boxes.  Random loot boxes.  It could take you months to get the stuff you want.

You can't import a CAW in because it breaks the loot boxes.