DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K18

odessasteps

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Hammerstein and high school gyms, new caw options look fackin decent, and the new moves. My God the new moves. Two pounces, two Windsor knots/paradise locks, completely savage spinebusters. So much goodness. 

The Hammerstein looks amazing.  And some of those CAW options are going to be fun to play around with.  Though with glow in the dark, black light body art and embossing logos to emulate scarification, the mind boggles at how trashy some of the original CAWs in Community Creations are going to look.

I mean that's cool and all but if they're charging us the same amount as last year and we get less than half the number of DLC wrestlers, then that's taking advantage of the diehard fanbase way more than usual. 

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Almas (I just read a rumour that he didn't want to be in the game) and Aleister Black are the glaring omissions at this point. There are some 205 Live jabronies too.

The WWE has final say in deciding who is in the game, and I have a hard time believing they would be cool with someone saying "no thanks" to this.  Why set the precedent?  Besides, who would say "no" to being in a video game?

There are more DLC announcements to come tommorrow, BTW, so there may be more characters announced.

Going by the wording in the Black tweet, it sure sounds like that's it as far as rasslers go:

@WWEAleister is our final #WWE2K18DLC Day reveal! What do you think of the complete DLC roster? https://wwe.2k.com

If they want to give us a fraction of what we had last year, that's fine. Just don't charge as much. I retain the right to rescind this comment if they drop something big tomorrow but I'm guessing it's the usual accelerator kind of stuff along with the moves and maybe an arena or two.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the Almas rumour. It seems like one of those things that's repeated until it becomes accepted. But it is hard to find another reason as to why he didn't make the cut. Maybe they saw it as a punishment for him being unhappy with how things are going or whatever. Who knows. It's all conjecture.

The game as is has an incredibly comprehensive roster but I still can't shake the feeling that no Almas, no Arn, and no Pillman is a bit shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

The WWE has final say in deciding who is in the game, and I have a hard time believing they would be cool with someone saying "no thanks" to this.  Why set the precedent?  Besides, who would say "no" to being in a video game?

There are more DLC announcements to come tommorrow, BTW, so there may be more characters announced.

I'd be interested to know how that works. It would have to be spelled out in their contracts since they aren't employees, but it may be. I know some former wrestlers in the past (Foley, I think?) complained how low the pay was and that 2K does their own negotiating for non-current wrestlers but I don't know if that is true for current wrestlers as well since technically it isn't WWE making the game. Unless the contracts say "we can use your likeness for anything we want" which is possible. I mean if WWE sold condoms could they just make them with Undertaker on them without permission? I know a contract was available when Raven sued them but I don't know if any lawyer people combed through it to see exactly what it said.

Course, career-wise, it would be really dumb to refuse to be in the game if you are a current wrestler, besides pissing off your boss it also helps visibility to be in the game.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:54 PM, Michael Sweetser said:

Doesn't take a hard bump to give you a concussion, believe me.

I'm sorry I hit you with that pipe. Eight times.

• Like 1

From wwe.com:

http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k18/article/wwe-2k18-dlc-season-pass-announcement

2K announced Wednesday the Season Pass and downloadable content offerings for WWE 2K18, adding a new competitive level to the highly anticipated WWE video game.

The return of The Hardy Boyz, the accelerated track to MyPlayer stardom and a slew of new moves are among the offerings included in the WWE 2K18 DLC packs. Moreover, the WWE 2K18 Season Pass will include access to all of these announced DLC offerings.

2K confirmed details for five DLC packs, each designed to boost the WWE 2K18 roster, the in-game move sets and playable character attributes. The renowned video game publisher will begin releasing the individual DLC packs in late 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. 

Players looking to pick up all of these DLC packs and save a little money can also purchase the WWE 2K18 Season Pass. For only $29.99, Season Pass subscribers can gain access to the DLC offerings listed below as they become available.

Details for each WWE 2K18 DLC pack are as follows:

Accelerator (available for $4.99)

• Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content).
  • Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product.
  • The Accelerator will be available for $4.99.

Enduring Icons Pack

MyPlayer Kick Start

• Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode.
  • Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer.
  • MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99.

New Moves Pack

• Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tye-Breaker (made popular by Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
  • The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99.

NXT Generation Pack