DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE 8/15

PetrolCB

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The failed cash-in did so much damage to Cena's career and psyche that he's had to go to Hollywood and get steady work in an attempt to prop himself up and stay relevant.  Clearly, his life sucks right now.

I think it was they never referred to it almost immediately after. 

12 hours ago, JCM said:

Corbin is a mediocre worker with a shitty look and no charisma. Braun Stroman is fucking awesome. Hope this clears things up.

Baron Corbin has no charisma but Braun Stroman does???? I guess if I want to get more heat for my shitty opinions I should go with the fact that Bayley and Sasha are the worst of the WWE Four Horsewomen 

• Like 1

The thing about Corbin is he looks like a schlub.

People used to rag on Matt Morgan for not wrestling like a big guy, but Corbin doesn't even carry himself like one. He looks, perhaps ironically, like some guy they pulled out of the audience. Even seeing him live in a ring with three substantially shorter guys at last week's house show, he didn't really come across as a big guy.

Braun has that Sid-style charisma where he looks the part, regardless of whether or not he cuts a promo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Victator said:

Yeah, its why he is the most over guy WWE has had in years and Corbin is jobbing to the Jinder Bender.

Is Braun over or is Roman over? They could have put Mojo Rawley in the Braun Stroman role and he would be be just as over. Braun being over is like when WWE thought Alex Riley or Damien Sandow were over after working with the Miz.

13 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Is Braun over or is Roman over? They could have put Mojo Rawley in the Braun Stroman role and he would be be just as over. Braun being over is like when WWE thought Alex Riley or Damien Sandow were over after working with the Miz.

Braun, without Braun or Joe, Roman inspires apathy. You could see that the month Braun was hurt. I'm not really sure how you came to the conclusion you. Its some very broken logic. 

But if you go back to last year Braun was slowly getting over doing the squashes. Got more over in the feud with Zayn and became the top face in the company when the feud with Reigns started. People were excited when he interacted with Brock and Taker. 

No one has gotten over working Reigns. Did people start cheering Sheamus or Rollins or Triple H in his brutal return to the ring?

2 hours ago, Brysynner said:

Baron Corbin has no charisma but Braun Stroman does????

That's correct.

I feel like people would be more respectful of your opinion if you would just say even one thing of substance to back it up. The "he's only over when beating up Roman" thing is provably false - what else ya got?

1 hour ago, Victator said:

No one has gotten over working Reigns. Did people start cheering Sheamus or Rollins or Triple H in his brutal return to the ring?

Sheamus and Hunter are seen as extensions of what Vince wants and everyone believed they were being used just to put over Roman in the end. Roman's heat is because he's not who the certain group of fans picked. Rollins was getting cheered when faced against Roman.

9 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Sheamus and Hunter are seen as extensions of what Vince wants and everyone believed they were being used just to put over Roman in the end. Roman's heat is because he's not who the certain group of fans picked. Rollins was getting cheered when faced against Roman.

Not in the same universe of what Braun gets. If you dislike Braun fine, but you are pulling stuff outta your butt. 

3 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

That's correct.

I feel like people would be more respectful of your opinion if you would just say even one thing of substance to back it up. The "he's only over when beating up Roman" thing is provably false - what else ya got?

Once Braun loses decisively, what's next? What does a monster who can't cut a promo do when he's not an unstoppable monster anymore? I think by this time next year he'll be at the Big Show level where he can move up and down the card whenever creative feels like it and it will only seem weird when he's booked in a main event title picture

2 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Once Braun loses decisively, what's next? What does a monster who can't cut a promo do when he's not an unstoppable monster anymore? I think by this time next year he'll be at the Big Show level where he can move up and down the card whenever creative feels like it and it will only seem weird when he's booked in a main event title picture

So, uh...your issue with Braun in particular is that a giant could potentially be hard to book in the future? And how does this relate to your love for Corbin? You're kind of all over the place here.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's Becky and Charlotte's resume looking like when they aren't in there with Sasha?  

I'll wait....  

Becky had Nattie's best match in a long time last year prior to the draft, she had Mickie James best match in WWE since coming back, she had Alexa Bliss' best matches and Charlotte had Bayley and Sasha's best matches where they've looked rather bland without having to face Charlotte.

Tell me what good match Sasha has had outside of wrestling Bayley and Charlotte almost exclusively since she's been on the main roster.

5 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

So, uh...your issue with Braun in particular is that a giant could potentially be hard to book in the future? And how does this relate to your love for Corbin? You're kind of all over the place here.

Corbin is better at getting heat and is able to talk better than Braun. He has more long-term upside when he's not being protected like Braun has been since Mania working pretty much with the top guy on the roster the entire time.

9 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

He lost in February and can cut good promos. He should not be cutting extended promos in the first place. 98 percent of every wrestler ever would be thrilled to have Big Show's career. 

2 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Becky had Nattie's best match in a long time last year prior to the draft, she had Mickie James best match in WWE since coming back, she had Alexa Bliss' best matches and Charlotte had Bayley and Sasha's best matches where they've looked rather bland without having to face Charlotte.

Tell me what good match Sasha has had outside of wrestling Bayley and Charlotte almost exclusively since she's been on the main roster.

That's easy.  The past two times Sasha has faced Nia Jax both matches were VERY GOOD. And Sasha easily had Alexa's best match on the main roster.  Becky's matches with Alexa were not good at all.  They were clumsy and sloppy and had no flow to them at all.  

Sasha (outside of Bayley in NXT) is the only female to make Nia look like a monster.  

Sasha easily has Charlotte's best work.  

Sasha easily has Becky's best match (down in NXT). 

In fact,  Naomi had a better match with Alexa than Becky did.  Becky is a great wrestler but at some point you have to deliver the goods and her matches have been often disappointing.  

• Like 3