DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE 8/15

PetrolCB

40 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The failed cash-in did so much damage to Cena's career and psyche that he's had to go to Hollywood and get steady work in an attempt to prop himself up and stay relevant.  Clearly, his life sucks right now.

and landing himself Nikki Bella

Yeah, Cena's life is in the toilet.

13 hours ago, Omega said:

anyone think Corbin has heat for his twitter rants?

Not sure how much if it's heat or anything, but to add to it:

I went to the show last night, and in addition to the failed cash-in, they took Corbin out of the post-show dark match main event (and announced it during 205 Live, about 10-15 minutes after selling Corbin in the post-show dark match before the taping.)

So...something here doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Meltzer has said Corbin bombing against Cena on the mic and against Mojo on twitter were at least factors. Since they'd given him "bullet points only" promo privileges, I guess they expected more. I'm no Corbin fan, but it seems fair to note that Cena could torch nearly the whole roster, if he felt like it. (To be unfair, though, if this is what it led to, I'm glad he did it.)

• Like 1

I don't hate it. It was a waste of the MitB, perhaps, but it adds more heat to the Corbin/Cena match at SummerSlam, which has had a pretty dull build to this point. I'll reserve my thoughts on what it possibly did to Corbin until I see the follow up and what happens next with him. He may take the anger of this and turn it up and become an even bigger heel, which I'm a fan of. Also, that final stretch put over Jinder a bit as well. He kicked out of the first AA, which few do. Cena had to resort to the top rope AA to try to put him away, which he almost never does except in extreme cases. Then Jinder was able to recover enough to pull off a fluke victory. Lots of things happened in those last 5 minutes that move several things forward. It all depends on the follow up from here, which with their track record really isn't that promising, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Brilliant. Over what?

Vet threw shade at Corbin for being average, Corbin did his usual mouthing off about the dude being a loser, Vet posted a pic of him, in his utilties at one of the Tribute to the Troops shows *with* Vince and the caption "Your boss didn't think so".  Corbin immediatally tucked his tail between his legs and apoligized.

• Haha 3

basically Corbin was doing his heel twitter schtick - which is fine - when a guy defended Meltzer to him and Corbin said something like "YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING WATCHING INDY WRESTLING FROM YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT!!!"

The guy (who clearly is too sensitive) immediately IDed himself as an army vet and then tweeted a picture of himself with Vince

So Corbin immediately backtracked and apologized

So either Vince got pissed at the former (that he was beefing with a vet) or the latter (the part where he backed down)

Who the fuck knows with Vince

EDIT - CURSE YOUR QUICK FINGERS RAZIEL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

I dunno. Didn't he beat someone on July 4th? I already forgot. Wait, was it Rusev in that flag match?

It wasn't the flag match - but it had to have been the AJ/Cena vs. KO/Rusev match

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The failed cash-in did so much damage to Cena's career and psyche that he's had to go to Hollywood and get steady work in an attempt to prop himself up and stay relevant.  Clearly, his life sucks right now.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and landing himself Nikki Bella

Yeah, Cena's life is in the toilet.

My point was that Cena having the first failed cash-in because he's bulletproof is pointless if you have JBL being an idiot saying that Corbin's was the first failed-cash in, making Corbin look like even more of a joke.

Corbin is done - there's no "wait and see." He's dead in the water.

ETA: It seemed to me that Corbin clearly Papa Shango-ed the finish to the Cena-Jinder match - I think the question is whether he did it out of sheer incompetence (which seems possible) or because he was pissy about the way his cash-in was booked (seems more likely).

Edited by MORELOCK

For the record, JBL said "Few times in history has anyone cashed in that Money in the Bank contract and not become WWE Champion. Baron Corbin just joined that unfortunate company." So there was no forgetting history there.

55 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Didn't he beat Corbin with one AA a few months back?

Yep, that was the one that stood out as different because it only took one.

6 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I guess I missed something.  What does "Papa Shango'ing" the finish entail?

I'm hoping it means Corbin put a spell on Cena and caused blood to seep out of his hair and down his face, but probably not.

That would have been a much cooler finish.

I'm referencing the finish to Hogan-Sid at WrestleMania 8, where Papa Shango was late to run in and break up the pin. Baron just kind of slid the briefcase in to "break up" the pin for the DQ right when the ref would have counted 3 for Cena. He seemed to be clearly late.

They should just rehire Jack Swagger long enough for him to make fun of Baron Corbin because he successfully cashed in his Money In The Bank and Loser Wolf didn't, then after they have their big grudge match, regardless of the winner, they can both receive their Shit Canned walking papers and get the fuck out.