DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE 8/15

PetrolCB

17 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Braun's feud with Roman Reigns and Big Show  this year is better than anything Baron has ever done, except for maybe telling Apollo Crews to go back to Ring of Honor. Braun is bigger, a better promo, and has a legit star aura.

Think about the main event at SummerSlam this week and sub out Braun and put in Baron Corbin.

I think being on the same roster as Braun hurts guys like Corbin and Cass. Braun is a bigger, badder, better version of Corbin. He is Roadblock to Braun's Giant. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Did JBL say something along the lines of this being the first time someone failed with the MITB cash-in? Cause obliviously that's not true, and two of the three men that achieved that feat were right there.

I know Cena failed and Sandow did. But I can't blame him for forgetting those. 

I know I shouldn't get excited, but there's a non-zero chance Shinsuke Nakamura is leaving Summer Slam as WWE champion.

They probably could've handled it better, but Corbin with the case was a dark cloud over Smackdown, much like when Sheamus held the case a couple years ago. It was for the best that they got rid of it.

In a perfect world AJ/Owens with Shane being the enforcer/ref would be for the WWE title and Jinder/Nakamura would be for the US Title, bizarre that it's the other way round. As much as Jinder is finding his footing, Nakamura isn't ready either, do I want to see him as champion? Sure, but WWE Nak outside of the entrance has done nothing to convince me, I envision a Bayley like backlash within 6 months.

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

Braun's feud with Roman Reigns and Big Show  this year is better than anything Baron has ever done, except for maybe telling Apollo Crews to go back to Ring of Honor. Braun is bigger, a better promo, and has a legit star aura.

Think about the main event at SummerSlam this week and sub out Braun and put in Baron Corbin.

The buildup would have better promos.

If you had to remove one of the four from the main event who would you remove and make it a triple threat? Braun, Joe, Roman or Lesnar?

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

If you had to remove one of the four from the main event who would you remove and make it a triple threat? Braun, Joe, Roman or Lesnar?

Roman. In a heartbeat. And I like Roman just fine.

If I'm removing a second and making it a one on one, it's Brock.

• Like 1

The Cash-In History (this is via the weird play-list the WWE has on its site so it's not necessarily in order. I also had to piece together the missing ones). I think I got them all

• Dean Ambrose - Ref waits till champ is on feet first
  • Kane - see the Ziggler description
  • Miz - injured leg champ. Standing for official match (see also, Kane, Ziggler). Match with commercial breaks
  • Randy Orton - pin unconscious champ
  • Seth Rollins - joins mid-match
  • Daniel Bryan - pins unconscious champ
  • Dolph Ziggler - ref waits till Del Rio is on his feet. Ref also asks Del Rio if he is ready
  • RVD - announces cash-in ahead of time
  • Edge (1st Time) - Vince announces cash-in. Bloody Cena is on his feet
  • Edge (2nd Time) - tries to pin unconscious champ (Taker kicks out). Eventually wins
  • Jack Swagger - ref makes sure Champ is on feet first
  • CM Punk (1st Time) - match starts as soon as ring announcement is over (Champ is still on his knees)
  • CM Punk (2nd Time - Ref waits till champ is on feet first
  • Alberto Del Rio - Bell rings when champ is still on mat
  • Sheamus - tries to pin unconscious champ (Reigns kicks out). Eventually wins
  • Damien Sandow - full match (Failed)
  • John Cena - announces cash-in ahead of time (Failed)
  • Baron Corbin - ref makes sure champ will be standing first (Failed)

So as per usual with most of their rules - it is all based on how the need suits them

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Victator said:

The Cena cash in was a big cop out and was barely talked about at the time. 

I remember the chatter around the time being that Cena being the first to fail was a big thing because he could survive it without the destruction of his entire career, and...well.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Cash-In History (this is via the weird play-list the WWE has on its site so it's not necessarily in order. I also had to piece together the missing ones). I think I got them all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_in_the_Bank_ladder_match

I am quite aware of the Wiki - I even used it to remind me who won

The point was the conversation was whether guys "were on their feet" or not. Those specifics aren't list there - hence the phrasing of my post

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am quite aware of the Wiki - I even used it to remind me who won

The point was the conversation was whether guys "were on their feet" or not. Those specifics aren't list there - hence the phrasing of my post

I meant as far as a reference point for ordering them/making sure they're all there.

I'm curious who isn't present on the playlist - did they only include people who still work there? I'm sure Punk is an omission and probably Del Rio, but I fail to see the harm in the inclusion of Swagger and Sandow.

8 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I watch the shows, but become so disinterested in them, that I have no idea what 80% of the storylines are. What exactly is Harper even doing, and why isn't he featured as a killer? 

I'm guessing "Because Vince" for question two. 

Same boat as you, fella.

• Like 1

It was no Punk (either time), Sandow, Swagger, Del Rio and Ambrose

Now I am pretty sure no Ambrose was because it was made before last year

The rest are the no longer there and I guess not on good terms???

11 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I'm amazed at the dislike for Corbin but the love for Braun on this board.

Corbin is a mediocre worker with a shitty look and no charisma. Braun Stroman is fucking awesome. Hope this clears things up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brysynner said:

Brock, he's been phoning it in for a while. If it's 2012-2015 Brock, keep him.

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I remember the chatter around the time being that Cena being the first to fail was a big thing because he could survive it without the destruction of his entire career, and...well.

The failed cash-in did so much damage to Cena's career and psyche that he's had to go to Hollywood and get steady work in an attempt to prop himself up and stay relevant.  Clearly, his life sucks right now.