DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE 8/15

PetrolCB

14 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Why wouldn't you just demolish Jinder while he lay in the corner, then let the ref prop him up for the official start to the match.

I was thinking the same thing. Beat the shit out of him, then pull his ass up, propped up, in the corner. Like someone said before, Baron should've smashed Cena prior, to ensure no interference. Handcuffs would've been cool and original. 

14 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Cena was way too happy afterwards for a guy who was about a second from breaking Flair's record for most world title runs. 

This. 

Like someone about to break Joe D's hit streak on game 162, and they win off of a balk during his at bat and he's totally fine with it.

Yeah, yeah, I know, but it's the first thing I thought of. 

• Like 1

If you've decided Corbin isn't ready for the MITB (After awarding it to him, natch!), why wouldn't you do something where Cena goads him into putting the case on the line at Summerslam (Or whomever else you think needs it...Kevin Owens with the MITB would probably be great TV for however long he has it) and have him lose the case to someone else.  Personally, I think with the Mens and Womens MITB, the writers just decided it was too much work to write storylines for both of them and just scrapped the one they saw less potential in.

I'm amazed at the dislike for Corbin but the love for Braun on this board...my guess is Corbin destroys Cena on Sunday and intereferes in the Nak/Jinder match either costing Nak the title or beating up both men in an attempt to get himself in a Triple Threat for the title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

They've always flip flopped on that. I remember at one point they were saying the champion had to be on their feet first, but when Daniel Bryan cashed in, Big Show was already down and out so Bryan just ran in and pinned him.

Wasn't Punk's win the same way? I may be misremembering. 

I forgot to mention that I do like the idea of Lana trying to turn Tamina into Rusev.

13 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I'm amazed at the dislike for Corbin but the love for Braun on this board

There has never been a lot of love here for Corbin. Even those that like like myself know he wasn't ready. Braun gets bigger reactions and has been in bigger and better matches.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

There has never been a lot of love here for Corbin. Even those that like like myself know he wasn't ready. Braun gets bigger reactions and has been in bigger and better matches.

I never got that whole he's not ready thing. I mean Jinder Mahal is WWE Champion, where JBL was one of the longest reigning WWE champions in modern history, I feel like pretty much everyone on the roster is ready. If this was 1980s NWA, yeah Corbin's not NWA World Champion material. But in 2017, you could put the belt on Mojo Rawley and it would be fine.

I never got the Braun love he's always been generic monster #50, whereas Corbin is a much better in-ring shit talker and throws better punches. But to each their own.

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Laughed hard at them making Corbin stand in the ring for what felt like minutes while the ref tried to revive Jinder.  Why wouldn't you just demolish Jinder while he lay in the corner, then let the ref prop him up for the official start to the match.

And on top of that the camera on his face while he kept looking back to see if Cena was ready. Holy shit!

It would be one thing if Cena interfered more, but a distraction and roll-up! That's how Santino beats Drew Mcyintyre.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I never got that whole he's not ready thing. I mean Jinder Mahal is WWE Champion, where JBL was one of the longest reigning WWE champions in modern history, I feel like pretty much everyone on the roster is ready. If this was 1980s NWA, yeah Corbin's not NWA World Champion material. But in 2017, you could put the belt on Mojo Rawley and it would be fine.

I never got the Braun love he's always been generic monster #50, whereas Corbin is a much better in-ring shit talker and throws better punches. But to each their own.

I get that, but many would also argue Mahal and JBl never should have been world champion.  I like both Corbin and Braun, but Braun feels further ahead in booking and how he carries himself.

43 minutes ago, Omega said:

anyone think Corbin has heat for his twitter rants?

Possibly. I never put anything past this company. I firmly believe Lana and Rusev are being punished for their engagement being announced by TMZ, I believe, ruining the Rusev, Lana, Ziggler angle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, piranesi said:

And on top of that the camera on his face while he kept looking back to see if Cena was ready. Holy shit!

I noticed that like basically everyone else did. I mean, you could sort of justify it as him making sure Cena wasn't gonna club him from behind. But yeah, that wasn't good. Not entirely his fault. That's actually more of Dunn's fault for keeping that goddamn camera on him. 

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Possibly. I never put anything past this company. I firmly believe Lana and Rusev are being punished for their engagement being announced by TMZ, I believe, ruining the Rusev, Lana, Ziggler angle.

And what a gem that was. 

• Like 1

Braun has 100 lbs on Corbin; when your gimmick is being big, it helps to be big. He also says absurd, over the top things in his absurd, over the top voice. Like, corny violent threats to make Robert Howard blush. It's over the top, which is the point.

Corbin is comparatively unremarkable looking, and his promo style is a mix of bored disaffection with a flat, whining delivery.

I get that Corbin's character is that he basically doesn't want to be wrestling, but he really seems miserable all the time. Braun just hams it up, being a monster, which is compelling.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What a carry job by Rusev, he and Luke Yeah Yeah Harper deserve better. Cesaro as a main eventer as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

What a carry job by Rusev, he and Luke Yeah Yeah Harper deserve better. Cesaro as a main eventer as well.

I watch the shows, but become so disinterested in them, that I have no idea what 80% of the storylines are. What exactly is Harper even doing, and why isn't he featured as a killer? 

I'm guessing "Because Vince" for question two. 

• Like 1

I think the reason Braun is more popular is because he's fucking near Macho Man level insane.  Corbin is just a garden variety pissed off jerk. Braun is a 1980s-style maniac. Its impossible to imagine him outside of a WWE t.v. broadcast. He can only exist in that realm because he is beyond reality in the same way it was impossible to imagine Macho Man being an existing being in the world between the end of one wrestling show and the beginning of the next.

They need waaaaaay more of that by the way.

And that's why I love Braun Strowman. Now for what I did on my summber vacation...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I think the reason Braun is more popular is because he's fucking near Macho Man level insane.  Corbin is just a garden variety pissed off jerk. Braun is a 1980s-style maniac. Its impossible to imagine him outside of a WWE t.v. broadcast. He can only exist in that realm because he is beyond reality in the same way it was impossible to imagine Macho Man being an existing being in the world between the end of one wrestling show and the beginning of the next.

They need waaaaaay more of that by the way.

And that's why I love Braun Strowman. Now for what I did on my summber vacation...

Another positive is that if Braun ever hits a lull, he can bring in his pop to distract everyone... 

• Like 1

Braun's feud with Roman Reigns and Big Show  this year is better than anything Baron has ever done, except for maybe telling Apollo Crews to go back to Ring of Honor. Braun is bigger, a better promo, and has a legit star aura.

Think about the main event at SummerSlam this week and sub out Braun and put in Baron Corbin.

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

I'm amazed at the dislike for Corbin but the love for Braun on this board...my guess is Corbin destroys Cena on Sunday and intereferes in the Nak/Jinder match either costing Nak the title or beating up both men in an attempt to get himself in a Triple Threat for the title.

You're not the best judge of talent...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I know for sure they had ADR get up when Dolph cashed in.

And when Swagger beat Jericho. Swagger handled it well looking anxious as the referee was trying to revive Jericho. 

Swagger did have the sense to clock Edge with the briefcase.