DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE 8/15

PetrolCB

DON'T HINDER JINDER MOTHERFUCKERS.   

I really loved that.  Everyone has been discussing Corbin probably cashing in sooner or later probably even at SummerSlam.   I have no issue,  this added a lot more to the Corbin/Cena feud and every once in a while the MITB winner should fail to keep it interesting.  

Corbin isn't ready to be a champion anyway.   

Normally I'd be bummed that the WWE blew off the MITB cashin in such a way but it's Corbin (granted I think he's improved a lot in the last year but he still shouldn't be around the world title picture) so I can't bring myself to care.

Was it just me or was Naomi really awful on commentary?  The Nattie/Becky match was fine but poor Becky deserves more.

I was really looking forward to another Russev/Gable match after how good their last one was, but man did that outcome suck. It might have made Russev look strong going into SS, but in the end he just ended up looking like a fool and Gable looked like cannon fodder.

I really think the best part of that was he does his little run-in and Jinder is FUCKING dead as a door nail and he gets halfway up the ramp before going "hey, I should be probably cash in." Does he go and lay down a few more shots on Cena? Nah. Apparently Baron thought his devastating attack was enough to incapacitate JOHN CENA for like fucking five minutes. 

Then, the very second the bell rings Baron immediately turns his back on his opponent and loses to a fucking schoolboy like he's 2012 Alicia Fox against Brie Bella. 

You literally cannot make someone look like more of an idiot if you tried. I mean, at least DB turned his back on Sheamus to make out with AJ. Sure, sometimes guys hear loud music and prime themselves for a sneak attack, but holy fucking shit. If you're Corbin you may as well start prepping yourself to  hear "What's Marquis Corvin doing in the Global Zone."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Baron Corbin's new ring attire should be a soiled diaper. Over his head. As Corbin was clomping back up the ramp, the immediate question that came to mind was "is he stupid or just a pussy?" He should've hit Cena with the briefcase a dozen more times then cashed in. Do the Money In The Bank cash-in dealie guys always have to wait the full minute and a half for the licensed offeeshull to resuscitate the Champion?

Wow that was unexpected. And I loved that massive pop for the initial cash in, that was huge. So Cena's lost at every Summerslam from 2011-2016 and now I would assume is going to again so Corbin gets some sort of heat back? Second time in the past few months that Corbin lost a match in under 20 seconds too.

Rest of the show was fine if unspectacular. I do love badass Shane O Mac threatening to lay them hands! on anyone who touches him again.

18 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Was it just me or was Naomi really awful on commentary?  The Nattie/Becky match was fine but poor Becky deserves more.

I was really looking forward to another Russev/Gable match after how good their last one was, but man did that outcome suck. It might have made Russev look strong going into SS, but in the end he just ended up looking like a fool and Gable looked like cannon fodder.

She was pretty bad a week or two ago (I don't remember which week). 

When I saw Rusev/Gable was going to happen, I was pretty stoked. Then it came and went and I honestly forgot everything about it afterwards. This show, for a lead-in to a thing such as The SummerSlam, was rather shitty. I just sat there eating my sashimi, face-palming. 

Maybe I'm in the minority here. 

Wow, surprised Corbin lost. I was thinking he lost to Cena and Nakamura beat Jinder and he cashed in and beat Nakamura ala Rollins when he lost to Randall and then cashed in during the WM main event. Glad that's not the case.

That confirms Carmella is cashing in and beating Naomi then as I don't see them both cashing in and losing.

7 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Do the Money In The Bank cash-in dealie guys always have to wait the full minute and a half for the licensed offeeshull to resuscitate the Champion?

They've always flip flopped on that. I remember at one point they were saying the champion had to be on their feet first, but when Daniel Bryan cashed in, Big Show was already down and out so Bryan just ran in and pinned him.

10 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Do the Money In The Bank cash-in dealie guys always have to wait the full minute and a half for the licensed offeeshull to resuscitate the Champion?

This was literally, one of the dumbest goddamn things I've seen in recent times. 

• Like 1

That was......surprising. I never really saw Corbin winning the belt with the briefcase anyways, but that just made him look like a complete moron. If they had any plans to push Corbin eventually those seem like they are going to be dead now for a good long while.

2 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a misdirection and they have Corbin destroy Cena at SS. If not, I'm okay with them killing his push. 

Win or lose, I'm predicting Corbin gives Cena a post-match beatdown that at least attempts to make him look strong and give cause to Cena's upcoming departure.

17 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I know for sure they had ADR get up when Dolph cashed in.

They did, but it didn't take as long. He sat, crumpled in the corner, Ziggler comes out and Armstrong basically tells him to quickly get up, then he rang the bell. 

I guess that because it was a title change, they rushed it. It was still dumb to waste a cash-in, regardless if you like Corbin or not. 

Laughed hard at them making Corbin stand in the ring for what felt like minutes while the ref tried to revive Jinder.  Why wouldn't you just demolish Jinder while he lay in the corner, then let the ref prop him up for the official start to the match.

I assume the point of that was too make sure that no one missed the idea that Corbin was a goof.

I was also amused that, for a match booked to end in a DQ finish, they thought the world champion should eat Cena's finisher and super finisher.  Eh, there was probably a better way to do that.

Cena was way too happy afterwards for a guy who was about a second from breaking Flair's record for most world title runs. 

• Like 1