Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU FINN - 8/14/2017


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

We went to the show and had lots of fun. Pretty good overall except for the usual annoying Boston drunks.  No dark match.  Main Event was Kalisto/Curt Hawkins and a tag match between Drew Gulak/Daivari and Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik. So that answers my question if Gran Metalik is still wrestling.  

Enjoyed the hell out of Sasha vs. Nia and the cruiserweight title match.  

During the end brawl someone started yelling "GOOORRREE" at Rhyno and his face lit up and he nodded like "yeah, I should gore someone now that I think about it" 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Braun and Brock are going to murder each other. Why couldn't that just be the main event. Screw Roman and Joe could have gotten the victor all of this.

Because they need to protect Braun by not having people notice he has no heat when he's not beating up Roman or Sami (which is pretty much all he's done this year)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, piranesi said:

My closed captioning summarized well the entirety of R Truth's appearance tonight:

{Rap music playing}
Oh you could get with this
Or you could get with that
Yeah you should get with this
Cause this is where it's at...What's Oooooof.   Ohhhh.  wai...Uhhhh.
{breathing heavily} {grunting in pain}
{slow moaning}
{Rock music plays}
{dejected sigh}

I think the dejected sigh was your closed captioning realizing it wasn't gonna get to go "engine engine number 9 on the New York Transit Line/If my train goes off the track, pick it up pick it up pick it up//BACK ON THE SCENE CRISPY AND CLEAN/YOU CAN TRY BUT THEN WHY CAUSE YOU CAN'T INTERVENE..."

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

Because they need to protect Braun by not having people notice he has no heat when he's not beating up Roman or Sami (which is pretty much all he's done this year)

Or Big Show or Mark Henry or Samoa Joe or anyone he has faced on tv. Basically you said an untruth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for Tozawa, he's the only guy on the CW Division I really like right now. Better to have him win on Raw than the SS pre-show I guess unless they waited the Raw after SS which is probably the second biggest Raw of the year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, piranesi said:

My closed captioning summarized well the entirety of R Truth's appearance tonight:

{Rap music playing}
Oh you could get with this
Or you could get with that
Yeah you should get with this
Cause this is where it's at...What's Oooooof.   Ohhhh.  wai...Uhhhh.
{breathing heavily} {grunting in pain}
{slow moaning}
{Rock music plays}
{dejected sigh}

Holy fuck, I was booming Black Sheep in my car on the way to work this morning!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slowly catching up. But:

1) The Ambrose/Rollins team-up story has been a lot of fun. I loved that they brawled, then stood up for each other before both of them bumping fists at the same exact time. That match should be great, too. 

My fantasy booking (I know, I know): Rollins/Ambrose win the titles. Reigns wins the four-way. Bray beats Finn and assets himself as number one contender, and Harper/Rowan return by his side. (Which is easy enough to explain -- even though Harper and Bray beefed, Wyatt's a cult leader who can still hold sway over him.) Now we get Shield vs. Wyatts 2.0, this time with the titles involved. We really should have just had Shield vs. Wyatts fighting on and off for eternity.

A Dean heel turn on Seth would be fun. I'd love to see lunatic heel Dean. Heel Shield was great. Dean's solo heel stuff in FCW was also a blast. 

2) I just saw a gif of the end of Sasha/Nia. Great set-up for the Banks Statement. Nia's facial expressions during it are awesome. She goes from cocky bulldozer to "WOAAAAAH" really quicky and naturally. Nia has gotten so good at so many little things. She's really great at emoting through facial expressions. Alexa's obviously great at that, too. They obviously really focused on that at the training center with those two. Neither Nia nor Alexa are as great in-ring as The Four Horsewomen but they really know how to connect and play to the back of the room and TV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the talk of Deadly Games and the Rock's turn coming out of nowhere just as he was getting over as a face in the Summerslam topic, reading the Raw recap really made me feel like Dean should have finally got the team back together with Rollins only to immediately turn on him in a 'yeah we're back together NO WE'RE NOT' Rockers-style turn. Unhinged and sadistic heel Ambrose would be great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Another really good Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax match, Banks' again shows she's the best woman on the roster.

I've got to vehemently disagree here on many parts. It was the same Sasha/Nia match we've gotten several times before. Nia throws her around for the majority, then they have her try and put a submission on the much larger opponent to overcome the odds. She's the least likeable female currently on TV other then Tamina.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long live Titus WORLDWIDE!!! and the Powah of Tozawa!!!!!

Show dragged, but there was some good stuff in there. Not sure I liked them announcing that "Demon" Finn Balor is showing up on Sunday. Would have preferred him demand a rematch, then show up painted up like the demon on Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

My fantasy booking (I know, I know): Rollins/Ambrose win the titles. Reigns wins the four-way. Bray beats Finn and assets himself as number one contender, and Harper/Rowan return by his side. (Which is easy enough to explain -- even though Harper and Bray beefed, Wyatt's a cult leader who can still hold sway over him.) Now we get Shield vs. Wyatts 2.0, this time with the titles involved. We really should have just had Shield vs. Wyatts fighting on and off for eternity.

How do you explain them coming from Smackdown?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I've got to vehemently disagree here on many parts. It was the same Sasha/Nia match we've gotten several times before. Nia throws her around for the majority, then they have her try and put a submission on the much larger opponent to overcome the odds. She's the least likeable female currently on TV other then Tamina.

Fair enough. It's only second I've seen, this and the Gauntlet one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks Neville gets the belt back on Sunday?  Or is that too obvious and they'll swerve us by having Tozawa retain.

I was all in when they started the cruiserweight division and the tourney was fun, but they've sure wasted that goodwill in a hurry.  Only cruiser I want to see at this point is Neville.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...