DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU FINN - 8/14/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Congratulations to Akira Towaza for winning his first WWE gold.  Shame it had to happen now and not in Brooklyn on Sunday. 

Also, congratulations on the WWE crew on getting all that corn syrup out of the ring so quick!

Sasha/Nia was pretty awesome again. Great finishing sequence even if I hate how often Nia taps out. Nice to see Sasha shine again for a while now that bayley is away. At least SummerSlam will now be what it always should have been in the first place with Alexa vs. Sasha.

As ridiculous as some of this Seth/Dean stuff has been, the massive pop was nice when they finally officially reunited.

Sad to see the end of Neville's epic reign. Strange to run that and Wyatt/Balor just to do them both again on Sunday. 12 matches but didn't add Miz/Jordan or anything for the Hardys still.

6 minutes ago, Peck said:

Obviously low on the totem pole of news today(and fairly irrelevant as well) but has anyone mentioned a reason why there was no Jojo tonight?

Heard she went home because her sister passed away.

• Like 2

Has it been suggested that there may be a full blown Shield reunion at Summerslam? I'm thinking Ambrose & Rollins win the titles, and then interfere in the main to have Reigns win the title and have all three dominating things on Raw for the next few months. The crowd wants it and it's probably the only way they'll get Reigns cheered these days.

Sasha going over was a bad move I think, unless they're planning on having her beat Alexa or having Bayley accidently on purpose cost Sasha the match. The two fueds that are built up in storyline are Sasha/Bayley and Alexa/Nia.

Sasha and Bayley are jealous of each other and want to be the more successful of the duo. The only woman that worries Alexa is Nia and Nia's never really gotten an actual shot at Alexa.

9 minutes ago, Cameron Swift said:

Has it been suggested that there may be a full blown Shield reunion at Summerslam? I'm thinking Ambrose & Rollins win the titles, and then interfere in the main to have Reigns win the title and have all three dominating things on Raw for the next few months. The crowd wants it and it's probably the only way they'll get Reigns cheered these days.

I can see it. I mean, Roman's going to get the Universal title anyway, so he might as well be part of The Shield. We did get some really good Shield six man tags during the first run, so maybe we will again.

Sasha vs. Nia was pretty good once again.

I'm pleased Tozawa won the cruiserweight belt, but I'm disappointed they didn't wait until Summerslam which would have likely had a more interested crowd.

Thought the Dean/Seth stuff was good and nice payoff.

57 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Why was the stuff Bray put on Finn acidic?

Also I loved the one blonde security guard throwing himself over the top rope during the end. Other then that, eh episode.

I didn't think the "blood" read so much as acidic as "Gross! There's blood in my eyes!" but maybe that's just me.

Actually quite enjoyed tonight's episode.  All the matches were decent (Emma-Mickie was all right despite no crowd reaction whatsoever), most of everything made sense.

I will say I was pulling for that Ambrose-Rollins opening segment to end with them putting their fists in, then embracing, then kissing each other full on the mouth while the Boston faithful shouts "What?! You FAH-KING ho-mos!"  

Booker T is just the best on color.  I see that Otunga is on the pre-show panel for Sunday, I hope he never replaces Booker on commentary.  Even Graves, whom I like, flip-flops too much for my liking, Booker just feels like a real person who roots for whomever he likes.  Booker trashing Jordan while Cole and Graves defend him was so weird.  My favourite part of the whole night was Booker doing the Nakamura pose.

• Like 1

My closed captioning summarized well the entirety of R Truth's appearance tonight:

{Rap music playing}
Oh you could get with this
Or you could get with that
Yeah you should get with this
Cause this is where it's at...What's Oooooof.   Ohhhh.  wai...Uhhhh.
{breathing heavily} {grunting in pain}
{slow moaning}
{Rock music plays}
{dejected sigh}

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I thought the Cass/Enzo/Big Show stuff was a nice little WWF Saturday Night's Main Event style build to a Summerslam angle. Boy, is Enzo ever turning on Show tho.

And thank God the WWE trainer remembered to unfurl and tack up his "diagram of the anatomy of the brain" poster for when he's taping up someone's brain.