DVDVR Message Board

RIC FLAIR HEALTH CONDITION THREAD

On 8/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, BrianS81177 said:

I hope if/when Ric recovers and is healthy enough to do so, they let him make an appearance on Raw to get a monster pop. 

I just want one more sports coat elbow drop. 

• Like 2

*Predicts Naitch vs Lawler on some indy fed in 2025 where they just trade punches and flair chops. No bumps. Ends in a double DQ when the zombie of Dory Funk, Jr. waddles in and does a spinning toe hold to special guest ref Mick Foley.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peck said:

17 divorces.

It's actually closer to 20 divorces. There were some shotgun weddings and annulments in New Zealand and Tokyo, plus the time he married Jack Veneno to avoid a riot in the Dominican Republic. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 8

On 8/29/2017 at 4:07 PM, Ryan said:

*Predicts Naitch vs Lawler on some indy fed in 2025 where they just trade punches and flair chops. No bumps. Ends in a double DQ when the zombie of Dory Funk, Jr. waddles in and does a spinning toe hold to special guest ref Mick Foley.

Needs more Terry Funk somehow getting an eye injury and rambling through the arena yelling, "MY EYE! MY EYE! LAWLER! YOU SONOFABITCH!"

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Needs more Terry Funk somehow getting an eye injury and rambling through the arena yelling, "MY EYE! MY EYE! LAWLER! YOU SONOFABITCH!"

Terry as special ref getting popped in the eye would be amazing in this hypothetical match. This is what a 6.5 star match should be.

On 9/2/2017 at 2:43 PM, RIPPA said:

Ric Flair rising from the grave to hustle t-shirts is the most pro wrestling thing ever

But you bet your ass we're all going to buy them!

5 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article172402277.html

There's something very North Carolina about the newspaper reporting on Ric Flair firing his manager. 

Quote from that article:

Flair built much of his fame on a reputation for expensive living, including flashy cars and clothes and a complete lack of modesty.

Eh, that's pretty much how Ric ruined his reputation too.

Also, Ric hiring new managers who are (apparently) going to market him to the "rap and hip hop culture crowd" reminds me of this:

AR-305169986.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&RCRadius=5

I'm expecting it to turn out just as well.

47 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Quote from that article:

Eh, that's pretty much how Ric ruined his reputation too.

Also, Ric hiring new managers who are (apparently) going to market him to the "rap and hip hop culture crowd" reminds me of this:

AR-305169986.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&RCRadius=5

I'm expecting it to turn out just as well.

I have family in Charlotte and I've heard a fair amount of Ric Flair stories. It seems like anyone who have lived there for a long time has at least one. I appreciate an NC paper keeping kayfabe with Naitch on that one. 

Also, Ric Flair and Hip Hop

[img[50-cent-ric-flair.jpeg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&p